Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You have to understand...

TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

they are having this great big "reveal," and the first hour of this "reveal" is a youtube video presentation of EQ players experiences in Norrath, followed by several hours of a finger painting presentation is quite telling. I didn't make it thru the finger painting demo and shut it off. I mean, show the game, that should be first and foremost, unless of course there really isn't that much to show of the game....which there wasn't.

Secondarily, nothing here screams or even really whispers EQ. I remember a dev for EQ2 many years after the fact stating that EQ2 should not have been named EQ2, but just been a new game on its own...that's kinda how EQN seems to me so far. I could be wrong, but I even went back and watched the entire finger painting presentation in its entirety (it wasn't that bad only 8 hours) and I STILL cant seem to get the EQ vibe.

character models/art design, I don't like it. nothing in this game design screams wow, but they made it look like wow ???

A lot of the ideas though are FANTASTIC. the no levels, class structure, destructible world, quests, open world...Guess we find out...in the end tho, I think all these ideas get perfected and presented by another studio who gets it more right. One day, I think we look back at EQN as an ok game, but one that FINALLY opened the door to a new, positive, fun, exciting direction for game developers...one that hopefully puts wow out to pasture...

Comments

• ClywdClywd Member UncommonPosts: 261
    If eqn fails there will be no other publisher that will copy its ideas. but you are right, it does not feel like Everquest - yet.

Currently playing: EverQuest
    Waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen