Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cooking Mini game - any other games like it?

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

(Before reading this, if you plan to write some sarcastic, snarky, witty response, just close this page on your browser and find a different thread to troll)

You guys know the cooking mini game right?  I find I really really enjoy it, because of the progression, leveling, weapons (spatula and shield), higher tiered items for it, recipes, gathering, and all of it.  The only real issue is that the exp is capped everyday.

My question is:  Does anyone know a game, MMO or not, that has something similar to the cooking/crafting/fishing in this game?  I don't mean like a one off game, where you play the game, then quit and your progression isn't saved. (not arcade style)  I was looking for either something with a bearable interface but with either a game like the AoW cooking mini game, or even just broader crafting similar to this.

I played a lot of the sandbox mmo's and some of the games on the crafting MMO list, but for one reason or the other (price, region lock, horrible interface) it didn't stick.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/4947

That's why I wanted to ask if anyone knew a game that was similar to the cooking mini game? (with progression).  I also tried Salem, but the interface and controls were just too dated and clunky.  Actually Salem is amazing except for the line of sight issues and terrible interface.

Please remember, if you are going to say something like, "why don't you just cook in real life", or some other sarcastic/snappy stuff, just don't bother, because I'm not looking for a flame war, nor looking to let you blow off steam directed at me, on this thread.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    My wife is addicted to this game on her iPad.  It has progression but in the form of  trying to earn more stars, increasing difficulty, and all kinds of variations of the game piece set up.  Of course this isn't an MMO, however I wasn't to sure if you were asking for an MMO that has something like the "bejeweled" AoW crafting mini-games or just for that type of game in general.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Thanks man!  It's ok, I found a game called Mabinogi just today.  It has a lot of crafting skills you can focus on and some mini games too, like fishing etc.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • tayevtayev Member Posts: 8

Candy Crush is the new addiction.

So play that