Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reveal Stream / Preview Article General Discussion Thread

Comments

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,346
    Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420

Am I the only one who ACUTALLY likes the graphics?

Nope, I love it too.

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Mine craft abilities, pvp siege. Looking good. Though the character models look to tend to the cartoon side.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,346
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

"You can just take a pick and start digging a tunnel". Looks like the wet dream of Minecraft fans just happened.

o_O

Spelunking  FTW! Just watch out for the lava.

I'm wondering how fast it "repair" itself though, they will have to do it otherwise Norrath will end up as a swiss cheese really fast.

A burned swiss cheese.

• RoscRosc Member Posts: 42

I'm impressed so far, outside of not really caring for the cartoony graphics. If they can deliver half of what they are proposing this game will revolutionize the genre.

The procedurally generated conent is very cool sounding.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I seriously can't believe the game looks like Wildstar......................... :(
  • JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,667

Rallying calls sound fun when it comes to building NPC cities.

But if they want to be really epic about it, they need to make it to where overtime NPC cities come and go. Half a year or more after the city is built up to its full glory by the players, there needs to be a chance that the city begins to fade. Over time it drops back to being just a village or becomes abandoned entirely. Maybe all the npcs move on. Maybe they are killed. If there are migrations like this. Maybe there is an attack.

Like dwarf fortress. That would be epic.

• GrahxenGrahxen Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I seriously can't believe the game looks like Wildstar......................... :(

Game looks nothing like Wildstar.... Drink some more KoolAid

Wildstar looks like something you watch on Cartoon Network.....

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,034

The golem crushing trees and buildings...

Do you guys realize that the stylized graphics are the price to pay for having such things happen on your computer screens with actual technology?

Voxels aren't a cheap technology to render - that's what they use in medical imagery too.

Those guys possibly have created the most impressive game engine lately - depending how it runs on an average computer of course.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Very interesting stuff. Let the QQ-ing here begin!  

• mos0811mos0811 Member Posts: 173
    This is going to be a great exploration & PvE experience.  I still want to know if PvP will play a central part in EQN.  Player studio sounds interesting for players to make personal money.

Players being able to make claims on land sounds cool, but it could make or break the immersion of the entire world.

If you're running through the world and come across someone's claim and see some kind of big nazi symbol or a some other "real world" design, that would really break my immersion. If too many people do this it could ruin it. Like if one claim has a big Starship Enterprise model and the next one has the Deathstar.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    so much for trinity gameplay :(
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Exactly Jean-luc_picard so right. Honestly graphics are the last thing i care about. Gameplay is what matters.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I would have liked some actual gameplay.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Jimmac

Players being able to make claims on land sounds cool, but it could make or break the immersion of the entire world.

If you're running through the world and come across someone's claim and see some kind of big nazi symbol or a some other "real world" design, that would really break my immersion. If too many people do this it could ruin it.

Thats something apart from EQNext coming this winter Everquest Landmark

Originally posted by granit1024

I don't think they are that far down the development line to show that....

I don't see this coming out for quite some time..

• RoscRosc Member Posts: 42
    The Siege of Hallas with the Rallying Cry did sound very cool. I really hope SOE can pull this off.
    Allowing people to make content is great. This is more so if there is not and I repeat the game not having instances but instead be fully open. Then the devs allowing us to use landmark is amazing.
    Originally posted by Grahxen
    Originally posted by granit1024

I don't think they are that far down the development line to show that....

I don't see this coming out for quite some time..

U just got your wish....

enemy ai looks to be turned off mostly atm.
  • Bane101Bane101 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Hmm...this game looks too hardcore to attract multi millions.

Raymondo

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,034
    Incase nobody noticed - the combat isn't a simple faceroll - the human is healing all the time.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,490
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

"You can just take a pick and start digging a tunnel". Looks like the wet dream of Minecraft fans just happened.

o_O

Spelunking  FTW! Just watch out for the lava.

I'm wondering how fast it "repair" itself though, they will have to do it otherwise Norrath will end up as a swiss cheese really fast.

A burned swiss cheese.

That's the immediate concern that popped up in my mind.  If the world is fully destructible/diggable, what are they doing to prevent a few goons from making the entire place a wasteland of splatter and pits?

And, bleh, another game with a gazillion servers again.  Still waiting for more EvE style servers in these MMOs.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I only caught the last 30 minutes or so. The minecrafty stuff looks absolutely incredible. What was the combat, pvp and crafting like? 
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    <>

Thats something apart from EQNext coming this winter Everquest Landmark

Ah. I hope you're right. Hopefully I misheard. I like players creating a lot of stuff as long as it isn't real life stuff that breaks immersion too much.