Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Numbers anyone knows

ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427

Hallo All. 

My first mmo was EQ I And seens that game all other game have been lacking on the real feeling of a mmo universe, sure new games have been haveing other nice things but they are also dropping all the nice and hardcore stuff. 

But back to my question :)

Does anyone knows have big that the player database is for EQ I / II, lats say comperet to wow now that it is still the game with the biggest player database of a normal mmo, as we know them(I personaly i dont play wow hate it :P). Asking becuse i can see that alot are saying that TESO is making a mistake by streaming same time as EQ. Not only here but on other forums aswell. 

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Elder Scrolls is a larger IP

SOE claimed a few millon have tried Everquest

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90240-Happy-10th-EverQuest

regarding gamers with active interest in EQN ?   

I'd guess less than 1 million

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Nadia

Pfft! I'll see your one and raise you 10.

Make no mistake, the whole MMO world will be watching in 29 hours..

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427
    Is there any links for where the streaming will be for both EQN and TESO and a time?
  • ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427
  • XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Iselin

Actually, I'm the only one of my RL gaming buddies who has even heard of EQN.    I actually think a lot of the hype is pretty isolated at this point. 

On the flip side, they all know about TESO so clearly they are paying some attention to the genre. 

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by Xssiv
    Originally posted by Iselin

Actually, I'm the only one of my RL gaming buddies who has even heard of EQN.    I actually think a lot of the hype is pretty isolated at this point. 

On the flip side, they all know about TESO so clearly they are paying some attention to the genre. 

This ^

The only people interested are EQ fans that want a revival of their original adventure, but we'll most likely be disappointed by a mainstreamed mess.

:I

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by BearKnight

The only people interested are EQ fans that want a revival of their original adventure, but we'll most likely be disappointed by a mainstreamed mess.

:I

I'm not a EQ player. I'm only here because Smedley and Georgeson said sandbox and emergent gameplay. I  wouldn't otherwise and that is despite enjoying EQ lore, but the MMOs never interested me. Also, I know someone who moved from UO to EQ back in the days who has 0 interest in EQN right now. I'm bringing the news...

But EQN interest is (was?) pretty low a few weeks ago, I once brought up the game as a possible BIG MMO for 2013-2014 and that people should kept track of it and I was pretty much dismissed from the conversation. Things might change this weekend though...

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    If an MMO is good it doesn't need mass advertising beforehand.  People will play, like it and tell their friends.  Of course it will have advertising but why do that before opening it up and getting past the likely buggy and hardware plagued start? After tomorrow we may have an idea of what they have and they can reap the benefit of natural marketing.  If it's deep enough and is "what they say it is" then they have time to wait and spend money when it really counts.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

If the crap the websites and Smedley are spewing is true, then I guess word-of-mouth will take off after this SoE Live.  If it's nothing special, then most of the people following right now will probably just go monitor something else.

Hype either begins next week or dies altogether, really.