Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF FC that does not *require* voice-chat

I am very excited about the release of ARR, as I was passionately a member of FFXI years ago.      I was in a linkshell called Knights of the Round.    We played on Ramuh server.    (I only say this in case any of you happened to be a part of that LS, I would love to get back in touch with you!)

Anyways, I have continued playing other MMORPGs over the years, and one of the things that does not sit well with me is this new "must be logged on to voice-chat at all times!" rule that seems to infect every single online game I play.     

Voice chat ruins the immersion for me in an online RPG.   I do not enjoy listening to a bunch of people that I do not know IRL talk about nonsense while I'm trying to be a part of this online world.    

Now, during such occasions as dungeons, or pvp, or RAIDING (although I don't plan to be a 'hardcore raider' ever again in life.) - I can definitely understand the necessity for voice chat for tactical purposes and direction.   I don't mind using voice chat "sometimes" but I really do not want to be forced to use it unless I am actively participating in group activities. 

So, I know every guild says they are a great bunch of people, who are laid back, funny, and a little crazy, but know how to get serious and progress, blah blah blah...   I just want to find a mature, old-school minded, helpful, friendly, and English speaking FC.

If you're out there, let me know!  

Thx

Comments

• I run a casual~hardcore FC that will be playing on Adamantoise. We have a vent server that some of us frequent but I don't make it a requirement. My philosophy with running guild is that everyone should be able to enjoy themselves without drama, so I never enforce any outrageous schedule or restriction like mandatory voice chat. In fact, I've ran a bigger guild on an old school MMORPG called Fantasy Earth Zero a long time ago where most of us did not care about voice chat, but I could still coordinate with everyone through game text chat or vent at the same time.

If you are interested, just PM me or check fez.guildwork.com

My recruitment thread on MMORPG.com http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390896/NA-Adamantoise-Fantasy-Earth-Zero-FEZ-Recruiting.html

• IgromIgrom Member Posts: 37

The Order of the Silver Dragons (OSD) are a Mature Veteran Multi Chapter Gaming community that was founded in 2006.  We are involved in many gaming environments. Most of our players are based in USA, however we have many across all timezones: Europe, Asia, Australia. 

What makes the OSD unique is their ongoing commitment to mature interactions, their proud display of civility and concern, their desire for adventure and their healthy placement of value on individual effort and communications. They are known across many gaming servers for taking the high road when situations arise, and they pride themselves in the knowledge that they will always strive to help others. Their continued success stems directly from the OSD officers of this community whom take it upon themselves to uphold these virtues, reminiscent of the fabled Knights of the Round Table, which in turn are mimicked by the community of players within the guild. The source of the success of the officers derives from the wisdom of their community leaders, who have been instrumental in the formation of such a strong community.

We researched the new servers in beta and loved the Community Vibe on Diabolos and will be rolling there.  We want to be a driving force in helping to make that server a better place.  We also like to Network with other Like Minded People and our Alliance LS was formed from that vision to provide fun social and easy grouping.  It will be host to 3 FCs who are Leaders in our Community.  As a MMO Veteran, who enjoys Raid Leading/Healing we do have plans to progress into end game raiding however we are not going to rush there at the expense of not enjoying the game along the way.

Our FFXIV chapter is looking for interested like-minded people. If you've read this far you might be a good fit for our FC/Guild.  Please check the following link for all you need to know to apply. All apps are formalized on our website.

http://silverdragons-lair.net/content.php?19-How-to-Join-Guide-Step-by-Step

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn : server Diabolos : name Igrom Hellscream :