Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Rumor - Open Beta Registration Dated?

2»

Comments

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Oh wait, forgot it's August Fool's Day! Got me!
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I actually think its quite possible to be that date, Open beta - Aug 17-21 , Early access 24-26, release Aug 27th
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Really hope it is the 9th...

Defiance on PS3 is kind of scratching my MMO itch (hurray for coupons, got it at 5$) but I NEED me some ARR.

• DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Yoshi P is on record saying that 1-3 down days from the end of P4, Open Beta, into the Official Game Start - Early Access.  I did thought that P4 was only supposed to be 1 week only.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,256
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    I actually think its quite possible to be that date, Open beta - Aug 17-21 , Early access 24-26, release Aug 27th

Early access for pre-orders is 7 days from what I recall. So you're looking at August 17-19 for open beta, 20-26 for Early access and 27th as release.

• dynasaurdynasaur Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

Early access for pre-orders is 7 days from what I recall. So you're looking at August 17-19 for open beta, 20-26 for Early access and 27th as release.

Ugh - So much bad information. Just look at the offical beta testing roadmap. The above information is not correct. Beta phases stated to be 1-2 weeks with ~3 days after for bug fix. So you are look at around 10 days minimum before the 27th BEFORE OB even starts PLUS the EA time which is estimated to be a couple of days.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,256
    Originally posted by dynasaur
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

Ugh - So much bad information. Just look at the offical beta testing roadmap. The above information is not correct. Beta phases stated to be 1-2 weeks with ~3 days after for bug fix. So you are look at around 10 days minimum before the 27th BEFORE OB even starts PLUS the EA time which is estimated to be a couple of days.

The example given was OB starting the 17th so that is what I used and since it is known that pre-orders are given 7 days I added that in. I was not saying it is right, I was just showing his original example could not be correct.

• dynasaurdynasaur Member Posts: 2
    At this point everything is speculation - However it was also stated that the registration for OB would reopen *after* the OB starts. Futhermore on the above site it only states 'Beta' not Open Beta or Beta Phase 4. Looks a bit sus since all the other beta's were named ie 'Phase 3 Beta' etc

• Rizon538Rizon538 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    KK people slow down and think about it. It has already been stated that Phase 4 Beta will last 1 week. There has never been any date officially given for Early release. So lets backtrack from 27 Aug. If Early release is only 3 days, which I understand is normal, then we are at the 24. figure 3 days between the end of Phase 4 and Early Release. Now we are at the 21st. Take into account the stated length for Phase 4  and that puts the start date at NLT 14 Aug. Hell that's only 5 days off the original guess of 9 Aug. Remember this is guessing on a 3 day Early Release. The longer that is the sooner Phase 4 starts. I do not see the need for concern here. 1 final thing, all will be revealed during the next Letter From the Producer Live event on 8 Aug so patience young Padawan.

• darkvoidsdarkvoids Member Posts: 1

LMAO so it is August 17, 2013.  So it look like SE make a mistake and post the date by mistake, but later want it to be a secret so they took it away.  Typical of SE, always make mistake and not holding up to it.

So to the person who said it was "Photoshop. And it's a Troll who post this."  What do you have to say now? Ahahaha, the irony isn't it?