Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Rumor - Open Beta Registration Dated?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

An intrepid fan of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has pointed us to a rumored start date for open beta registration. The official site has a notice that reads "beta registration begins August 17th".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    If that is true, then damn. Why so close to the game date? Unless those who were already in the previous phases can get in earlier. Oh well.
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152

that cant be true, 

Matter of  fact, I NO it Aint.!!   No way  phase 4 would be so close to early access.better not be..

gammer 4 life
  • robrose89robrose89 Member UncommonPosts: 16

hmmm, thats funny... when i go to try to register for the beta, it doesn't say that at all. It says

"As of July 22, 2013, 2 a.m. (PDT), we have temporarily closed the Beta Tester Application Site in preparation for Beta phase 4 (final Beta Test). The site will reopen once Beta phase 4 begins."

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152

Not to mention  yoshida is way to smart to mess this up,

and im quite sure he's not gettin to much sleep these days makin sure this goes

very smoothly without a hitch.

gammer 4 life
  • saitoh183saitoh183 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Just because it says that the registration is open on the 17th doesnt mean phase 4 will start on the 17th. The most likely scenario is that phase 4 starts 1 or 2 weeks prior to the 17th for only previous beta players and on the 17th  they start to take in more players. Its not for nothing that they gave a time limit to those that had beta keys that didnt register them during phase 3.

GW---> (Ranger/Mesmer)Dark Raziel

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

So where did you get that link from?

Originally posted by robrose89

hmmm, thats funny... when i go to try to register for the beta, it doesn't say that at all. It says

"As of July 22, 2013, 2 a.m. (PDT), we have temporarily closed the Beta Tester Application Site in preparation for Beta phase 4 (final Beta Test). The site will reopen once Beta phase 4 begins."

That's what I have, as well.

People on beta forums suspect there may be two phases or something, for people who registered prior to July 30th and those who... didn't. Hmm.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• shikyo111shikyo111 Member Posts: 10
    fake picture
    Originally posted by shikyo111
    fake picture

There's a link... don't know how you can fake a link to a website with a certificate and everything that reproduces everywhere, exactly.

People suspect it may be a leak as a result of rummaging in HTML.

Some people said it used to be the old registration link and someone decided to run it again.

I'm so giddy right now.

• robrose89robrose89 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Nice empty message you got there.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Looks like SE has caught on... clicking on the link no longer displays the message.

Originally posted by ZizouX

Looks like SE has caught on... clicking on the link no longer displays the message.

LOL You're right.

Hahaha, this is great.

• Mr_MechanicalMr_Mechanical Member Posts: 88

I really really really hope that was some sort of typo or... i dunno. 

Aug 17 is too far away. I heard about some announcement on the 7th, and that the Beta 4 may begin the 8th or 9th.   

Even though it's just rumor, at this point, I had my heart set to play FFXIV next weekend :(

• AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    So... 4 days of beta phase 4 before early access. I guess there's some symmetry there. Not sure that's an ideal timeline, but ok...
  • MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411
    What kind of beta is that? If they rush this launch, they are in for a world of hurt...
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

lol....

I'm disapointed in the open beta date, but to say this game is being rushed.... is just flat out false.   Beta 3 for this game was better and smoother than most launches for other games.

I suspect, the only reason they would have open beta this close to release is that SE feels the game is ready for release and are treating open beta as a "soft release."  If anything, the date for this beta is the opposite of rushed... 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    BB best mmo.You were fun.... once.

• bsargent0501bsargent0501 Member Posts: 1
    Open Beta is known now, look at this link:  http://www.arrstatus.com/
  • MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180
    Perhaps it is the date for early access? Can't be Phase 4 surely?

• jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31

UGH, SO FAR AWAY!

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137

obviously a fake...click on the picture and then zoom in....notice the discoloring around only where it talks about august 17th?? yea, bad photoshop job from a terrible troll.

Nothing else to see here...move along!!

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

From what I understood from talk during the beta was Phase 4 was more of a "Stress test" of a few days, then those who get Early/Head Start get in and Beta 4 goes boom, then 3 or 4 days till release day. Phase 4 is not going to be very long a few days, but at least it will be not a 'weekend' sorta thing

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Hold your horses people. This piece of info is pretty much useless and not even worth speculating, as it tells us pretty much nothing. Wait till we hear something more official from SE, and that should be on the 8th of August at the latest.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    It doesn't change anything as we'll still need to wait until the 8th to find out exactly what is going to happen.