Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Logo

William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Someone posted it on another site.  Found in the Planetside 2 files.

Comments

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Confirms stylized graphics.
  • Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by thedood123

And letters, don't forget letters. Confirmed!

And I'm betting yellow 'might' be in the color palette, but don't quote that...

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    I thought it confirmed free for all PVP duh :)
  • SynraSynra Member UncommonPosts: 8

You know you are all being trolled on the name, right? I mean, I laughed about this at first, but it's really starting to look like there are hundreds of thousands of people out there who seriously believe the title is going to be "EverQuest Next". Let's be clear about a few points:

1. They told us very specifically some time ago that "Next" is just an internal label they use for new projects. Planetside 2 was called Planetside Next until they officially revealed the game. EverQuest Next is the project name here, not the actual game title. *they told us this*

2. Yes, I know what was said on twitter. I also remember when they said "We like the idea of perma death" on twitter. Reality check: They aren't going to officially announce or confirm something so important like the official name of the game in such a lame way as a twitter tweet.

3. They are immensely proud of what they have created in this game. The EverQuest franchise is extremely important to them. So much so that they scrapped the project twice in an effort to do it proper justice. This will be their next flagship game. This new EverQuest will have the complete backing of the company. There is no better way to say "This is it folks, this is the next EverQuest" than to title it EverQuest III.

I will be shocked if they actually call it EverQuest Next. On friday, even if they don't name it EQIII, it most definitely will not be called EQ Next. I can't be the only one thinking this.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by agnostic4eve
    Originally posted by thedood123

And letters, don't forget letters. Confirmed!

And I'm betting yellow 'might' be in the color palette, but don't quote that...

so its going to be a MUD then?

I guess I'll still try it.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Logo looks legit to me.
    --------------------------------------------
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

I'd lose my sh** if they made it EverQuest but in the future like Shadowrun!  I know I know, not gonna happen.  But MAN! Wouldn't that rock?!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    No doubt it will be full loot FFA PvP.  It's pretty clear with that logo.
    Originally posted by Synra

You know you are all being trolled on the name, right? I mean, I laughed about this at first, but it's really starting to look like there are hundreds of thousands of people out there who seriously believe the title is going to be "EverQuest Next". Let's be clear about a few points:

1. They told us very specifically some time ago that "Next" is just an internal label they use for new projects. Planetside 2 was called Planetside Next until they officially revealed the game. EverQuest Next is the project name here, not the actual game title. *they told us this*

2. Yes, I know what was said on twitter. I also remember when they said "We like the idea of perma death" on twitter. Reality check: They aren't going to officially announce or confirm something so important like the official name of the game in such a lame way as a twitter tweet.

3. They are immensely proud of what they have created in this game. The EverQuest franchise is extremely important to them. So much so that they scrapped the project twice in an effort to do it proper justice. This will be their next flagship game. This new EverQuest will have the complete backing of the company. There is no better way to say "This is it folks, this is the next EverQuest" than to title it EverQuest III.

I will be shocked if they actually call it EverQuest Next. On friday, even if they don't name it EQIII, it most definitely will not be called EQ Next. I can't be the only one thinking this.

The logo is from updated Planetside 2 files.

Search patents they registered Everquest Next, EQN, EQ Next and several other Everquest Next variations. 

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Binny45

I'd lose my sh** if they made it EverQuest but in the future like Shadowrun!  I know I know, not gonna happen.  But MAN! Wouldn't that rock?!

I'd rather just have an actual Shadowrun MMO.

You cannot hide a name.  Do you REALLY believe they wouldn't trademark it before announcing the name ?  its 24hrs  or so away and you think they haven't registered the trademark yet ? 

Copied directly from the US trademark website.

Word Mark EVERQUEST NEXT
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software and video game software; providing downloadable multi player, role playing, real time computer and video game software via an online website for entertainment purposes

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, operating a multi player, role playing, real time computer game for others via the Internet and local area computer networks

Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 85912288
    Filing Date April 23, 2013
    Current Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Owner (APPLICANT) Sony Online Entertainment LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 8928 Terman Court San Diego CALIFORNIA 92121
    Attorney of Record Monica B. Richman
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

• Havok2allHavok2all Member UncommonPosts: 190
    It was confirm about a week ago that Everquest Next is going to be the name.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I suppose I havent been following the hype train as much as most on here, but I was hoping Everquest Next would not be the official name. It just rings of mediocrity. 
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I suppose I havent been following the hype train as much as most on here, but I was hoping Everquest Next would not be the official name. It just rings of mediocrity. 

99% sure it was not suppose to be, but it stuck with people I guess and the marketing probably said that is what people want.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Names are fairly simple for the original or successors...Everquest 2, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Camelot Unchained, Final Fantasy(s), heck World of Warcraft is pretty unoriginal and look how it turned out.

Are there even any other franchises with 3 games? 

Regardless of what they chose, people would have some issue with it as if the name has any impact on the game itself.

Everquest Next "nah I won't play that" Everquest Sandcastles in the Sky "oh hell ya sign me up!"

It's Everquest and it's the next generation...while very simple, it makes sense and doesn't make it more complicated then it needs to be.

Let expansions have all the complicated names "The Secret Lost House of Dragon Planes to Power now with more Fear."

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

So those that hate the "cartoon" graphics of games like WoW and WildStar....well they might as well hop off the bandwagon if the logo is real.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Originally posted by Allein

Names are fairly simple for the original or successors...Everquest 2, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Camelot Unchained, Final Fantasy(s), heck World of Warcraft is pretty unoriginal and look how it turned out.

Are there even any other franchises with 3 games? 

Regardless of what they chose, people would have some issue with it as if the name has any impact on the game itself.

Everquest Next "nah I won't play that" Everquest Sandcastles in the Sky "oh hell ya sign me up!"

It's Everquest and it's the next generation...while very simple, it makes sense and doesn't make it more complicated then it needs to be.

Let expansions have all the complicated names "The Secret Lost House of Dragon Planes to Power now with more Fear."

If they made it Everquest Castles in the Sky, I'd be all over it with a title like a Hayao film.

I find Everquest Next to be a perfectly fitting name for what they are aiming for though.  I mean it's pretty simplistic(but so is the logo) but it encompasses the entirety of their design goals(paving the way into next gen, being the next big installation in the franchise, the next major sandbox title[supposedly], the next evolution in MMOs, etc.).  As to whether any of that actually happens or is true, that remains to be seen ;)

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130

That's quite an N in NEXT - I think they are leaving it as is, just because N's are rad.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by Monorojo

So those that hate the "cartoon" graphics of games like WoW and WildStar....well they might as well hop off the bandwagon if the logo is real.

I am not really a great fan of cartoony graphics but I can overlook it in case the gameplay is great.

But that white colour used in NEXT is definately a no-go. :)

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    The SOE Live event already have stand set up with it.
  • TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    such a small morsel of information... but i like it.  Good work OP 

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    SOE implemented it on the side of one of their ships in PS2. Was pretty cool how it looked in game.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station