Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Trailer Ever..

2»

Comments

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

The FF series CGIs were always top notch, the main reason why I flayed any of their games.

But trailers are just eye candy.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

The trailer is a boring mess...different strokes for different folks, I guess.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    I always viewed CGI trailers as: "This is what they game would have looked like if we had the technology". I found that quite true for WCIII, for instance, and it also seems accurate for FF XIV. SW:TOR kinda missed it: the trailer looked very realistic and Star Wars style but the game had a horrific engine / art style.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    CGI cutscenes are the best way to tell a story in video games. 
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    i enjoy cgi an anime cut scenes, but games are evolving too a point were in game graphics looks as good  an is enjoyable too watch.  if you ever played the last of us or bioshock infinite,  you can see a story told well with out cgi

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

I'm pretty sure they could have said the same 10 years ago. It's not like people considered those graphics not enjoyable or something.

It's still very far off, especially for MMO's. It's easier for a singular shooter to have really high quality graphics, but for an MMO to have even WCIII trailer graphics...

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• bluevampyrebluevampyre Member Posts: 23
    CG FMV is the way to market and present the story in a game, not the gameplay. Anyone who thinks otherwise are simply missing the point. Every game out there have accompanying FMV sequences, it's not misleading it's the standard.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    If you look around Youtube you will find this ..... And it is the best video for ARR

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Best part is how you think he's going to contain the dragon, the prayers of the people adding power... then it fails.

Would have been almost cliche if it had worked.

Then makes the ultimate sacrifice to save their champions and give the world another chance.

Very cool stuff.

Also the CG is just breathtaking... especially as the dragon is like doing strafing runs on the cities and just wrecking everything...

And it can really get the hairs on your arm to stand up when you recall one of the last things Louisoix says to you in one of the final cut-scenes of "Living on a Prayer":

"If I could but see you to a new future, I should want for nothing more"

(maybe not an exact quote, but darn close)

At the conclusion of 'End of An Era', Louisoix gets his wish.

Awesome reference/tie-in.

FFXI's intro used to really get me motivated to log in and play, so I could kick some Orc butt. I ended up starting in Windurst, so I had to settle for Yagudo (for a time anyway). While XI's opening delivers on a much more "down to earth" and personal level, 'End of An Era' and 'A New Beginning' have really managed to re-capture that same sense of "epic". It's SE at their story-telling best.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

I do like that trailer, but this one is by far my favorite FFXIV trailer (made by a fan at the end of 1.0).

Not only does it better capture what I love about the FFXIV universe, but more importantly what I love about MMORPG's, and what makes the genre stand apart from all others in its capability of delivering a truly moving experience that can only be crafted with community and friends.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Murugan

I do like that trailer, but this one is by far my favorite FFXIV trailer (made by a fan at the end of 1.0).

Not only does it better capture what I love about the FFXIV universe, but more importantly what I love about MMORPG's, and what makes the genre stand apart from all others in its capability of delivering a truly moving experience that can only be crafted with community and friends.

That one is fan made and is really good . Think it was posted on the beta forums also a wile back. I enjoyed it :)

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link