Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cure for altitis?

Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

I've been an altoholic since probably WotLK expac for WoW. It started innocently enough, to the distain of my GM to try out other tanks and get a feel for them. I played a Hunter till BC, a Shaman through BC, and rolled my first tank ever in an MMO when I rolled a DK. I played my DK exclusively until ToC update came. Then for the first time I had 3 mains toons I played, a Pally, Druid and DK, all raid tanks and I would play however I felt given a certain day.

To the present. I currently play SWTOR and just stated GW2 for fun on the side. In SWTOR all 12 of my character slots are full. I consider my Sith Juggernaut my main, but I dont' really play him that much. I jump from alt to alt, sometimes never staying on one toon for more than 30mins. In GW2, just 4 days ago, I was determined to not have any alts. I was going to pick a class and stick with it. Well, all 5 of my character slots are now full with no toon over level 10 yet.

I dont' get much play time, maybe 10 hours a week tops, so being an altoholic is detrimental as far as meeting people is concerned. I might meet someone cool, quest with them a bit, then I roll an alt, promising them I'll catch up. Before you know it, they are lvl40, and I'm still stuck trying to decide on which toon I play, leaving me behind, and rarely talking with me anymore. 

Has anyone every cured themselves of this? Anyone have any suggestions? I'm all ears. My RL Best friend gets mad at me and says, "Just pick one and stick to it." Which makes sense in RL stuff where I have no problems with decision making and sticking to stuff, but in MMO's, I'm hurting.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Comments

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Try FFXIV:ARR.

Since all characters can do all roles. You dont need different characters to change your role, just different gear/weapons.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Try FFXIV:ARR.

Since all characters can do all roles. You dont need different characters to change your role, just different gear/weapons.

This is actually the next game I'm buying and I didn't know that one toon could play all, very interesting. My RL nest friend and I have been FF fans since the FFV. We're both buying on release day. Excited about that actually.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    The only reason to have an alt in The Secret World is to see some of the different text results of completing some missions or because you like some of the clothing style differences between the 3 factions. One avatar can learn all skills in the game.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams