Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I have GW1 henchmen system back in Guild Wars 2?

kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

So many non-human zones in GW2 are dead....events all around that are either too boring to do alone or too hard. I know people are going to say "Not uh, not my server!!". But thats not what this topic is about.

It would be nice to have a system that would allow me to hire up to 4? Henchmen so leveling in non popular zones wouldnt be so boring. But not just AI pets...have them set up so that when I start a heart or event they acutally pick up and interact with items in the quest as well.

Just a thought from a lv 18 Necromancer that joined the game waaaaaaaaay too late.  

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I can see asking them for henchman to just help with killing, but asking them to program them to participate in events as well, that is a pretty tall order.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I never liked henchmen system in Guild Wars , so I would hope we never see it in GW2.  
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

No, next question

But really, it's not going to happen.

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

I'm sure you all have level 80's already so you cant really understand.

All these hearts/event are built with other players being around...the entire system falls apart when you are solo. Most the population is off doing living story/WvWvW while a new player hanging out in Brisban gets a really bad impression of the game.

Its like I know there is alot of good game to be had but its jsut getting there just isnt fun at all right now.  I dont see how Arenanet hopes to attract any brand new players like this.

Perhaps its time to release some new races so the low level zones become alive again. 

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I have to disagree with you a bit there. Almost every single event and certainly every single renown heart can be done solo. Heck I've even soloed a few group events on occasion. Is it more fun with people around? For sure but the lack of people certainly doesn't preclude you from completing them.

One consequence that the living story has done, is that it has centralized a lot of the population. You'll still see quite a few people in Queensdale or even the Norn starting area but the mid level areas really suffer (well let's be honest, it's that way in every single mmo). The centralization of the population has affected this as well.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    I hope your kidding. Henchmen and heroes ruined GW1.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Keep at it, you'll be rolling around in a mob crowd and laughing in no time. Especially on a necro, which are the tankiest class in the game. Almost everything open world can be solo'd, besides for meta bosses or dragons, and for those events you will have plenty of player assistance.

You dont need henchmen or heroes. You have a veritable army of minions for one, and two, if you aren't doing well now, you wont fare very well in endgame. Better to take it slow and really learn your class.

Which is all i'm chocking this complaint up to ^^

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73

For being level 18 and joining the game 9 months after the hype shot down, I can see why you are frustrated and want some help with events. There is hardly anyone in other zones besides the starter ones and the game gets boring as shit after around 2 hours of playing.

My only advice to you is. Sorry you missed the massive hypefest that made this game partially good in the first 3 months. I suggest doing nonstop WvWvW until your eyes crawl. It's the only good thing left in the game.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

To the OP what server you on I might hop over and group up if you need it. Also try asking in /map for others if you need help but I do have to say alot of the hearts and such can be soloed but as for DE's and Meta's you might need a group for those when they spawn a champ or Vet with a group of adds.

I will also say that most areas depending on the time you play just might not have a few people on at that time.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Considering that AI in GW2 is almost non-existent, I wouldn't expect henchmen.

GW1 henchmen were awesome and most likely an easy addition to the game considering they already had most of the skill logic there (for all the AI enemies used skillbars just like henchmen did).

GW2 AI (especially bosses) is nowhere near as complex as the GW1 AI.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I would end up quitting GW2 for good if they ever did bring them in.  I didn't like them in GW1 or Swtor.  I don't like managing NPCs at all, unless it's a specific pet class.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    No. No need. Events scale to the number of players and there are plenty of players about. Very few events (i.e. Group events) "need" more than one person, and some of them you can still solo in the rare case you actually are alone.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Volkon
    No. No need. Events scale to the number of players and there are plenty of players about. Very few events (i.e. Group events) "need" more than one person, and some of them you can still solo in the rare case you actually are alone.

That is server dependent. The OP should just guest on a higher population server. Some servers are empty and others are extremely lively.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    What I have noticed is human maps are the most populated maps, OP try going in the human maps. (Even though they are the most boring imo all filled with centaurs. )

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I guess they could add it to the dungeons, don't really care myself.

Not in the open world though, cluttering up the game with loads of pets is just silly. I do remember playing with petmasters in the first game, really annoying and if everyone were walking around with 4 henchies in the open world we would see the same thing there.

Instances are a different thing since I can choose not to have them in the group and since there still would be a 5 person limit so that is fine by me (but I think ANET could use the resources better by making a new large zone or add mounts or something).

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

While I would like heroes to go do dungeons on my own since I never liked racing in dungeons, the world is far from empty.

Last two days I've been leveling in fields of ruin and while there are no zergs it is easy to get 4-5 people to do events, which is more than enough to do any event around there.

Use Map chat to point for champions and group events (easily will attract people since the monthly require both).

If that isn't enough guest on bigger servers - Desolation doesn't seem to suffer from empty zones problem many people like to invoke.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Originally posted by kaz350

I'm sure you all have level 80's already so you cant really understand.

All these hearts/event are built with other players being around...the entire system falls apart when you are solo. Most the population is off doing living story/WvWvW while a new player hanging out in Brisban gets a really bad impression of the game.

Its like I know there is alot of good game to be had but its jsut getting there just isnt fun at all right now.  I dont see how Arenanet hopes to attract any brand new players like this.

Perhaps its time to release some new races so the low level zones become alive again. 

1) Well events yes, hearts no. going to my 5th 80 (ranger) i say that all events that are not "[Group]" especified can be soloed, i must ask what class and spec are you doing.

2) tried to change/guest to a high/mid tier server?

3) as said before... join a guild?

4) LFG tool? friends?

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Some events are quite hard to solo, especially for a new player, or someone who doesn't play that much.  I know i'll admit that i died several times trying to solo some.  Try asking for help in chat, and usually people will come by to do it for a daily.