Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: The Phoenix Project - Spiritual Successor to City of Heroes

2»

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by BainSamryn
    I was a beta tester for this game and played it until it folded and let me say the fanbase will gladly welcome this attempt at something many of hte fans loved city of heroes . The game is being done by the members fo the staff of coh and i really hope this works out and it will .

From what I've read, there are no former CoH staff involved with this.  They're former players who just happen to be programmers or involved in software development.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Originally posted by Gishgeron
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by Ilaya

I think NC has no interest in that anymore (COX).

I never said NC has any interest in CoH. NC has interest in profit.

What could be easier and effortless profit than filing lawsuits against former workers who are "borrowing" ideas?

They didn't sue over Champions.  That game had at least as much in common with CoX as this does.  DCUO does too.  The main difference is story and setting.  Which is all it really takes because you can't own the rights to an entire subset of gaming.  Else we'd all be paying out to nintendo for each super meat boy made.

Cryptic developed and NCSoft  published CoH. They can't do a thing about any other super hero game as long as their IP is not infringed. Can't call it CoH 2 and as long as the code is different they cannot sue. Marvel sued over the fact that you could use the character creator and make super heroes like the marvel comic book characters and it violated their IP rights. NCSoft sued  Blue Hole Studios over the fact that the code for Lineage 3 was used to create Rift, not because they were former Lineage developers and "borrowed" ideas.

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Just let it die, it honestly wasn't THAT good. I played the game for a pretty substantial amount of time, in fact it was even my first MMO, and it got extremely boring and repetitive after awhile. Even the leveling process for new characters wasn't fun anymore. There was hardly any end game, and PVP was pretty much non-existent when I played. I'm sorry, but I just don't think a group of ragtag ex players with a Kickstarter can do much better.
  • TheMagickDollTheMagickDoll Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Matryoshka
    Just let it die, it honestly wasn't THAT good. I played the game for a pretty substantial amount of time, in fact it was even my first MMO, and it got extremely boring and repetitive after awhile. Even the leveling process for new characters wasn't fun anymore. There was hardly any end game, and PVP was pretty much non-existent when I played. I'm sorry, but I just don't think a group of ragtag ex players with a Kickstarter can do much better.

Have to disagree.  It really is that good.  Toward the end it was improving by leaps and bounds from its beginnings. Played it for years and there were things I still have not yet done in it. Such variety, so many different type of places to play in, I have yet to find a game that plays to a player's creative side like that game does in an MMO. The base builder itself is one of the best tools for creating content in any game I have played.

• Ignin2Ignin2 Member Posts: 1
    I believe beyound reasonable doubt that NCsoft has no claim on the copy right of super hero Janra games.  This is not COH but a new and improved game that is similar but different enough to be exempt from copy right laws. If you do not believe me check google for Copy right laws.