Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just need some quick help!

EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251

Hey guys, just about to order a GTX 770, and figured it's time I buy my new harddrive as well, do certain ones only work with certain parts or something? I have no idea. Let me know, and if you have any suggestions on a 1-2TB HDD let me know! Preferably from Newegg.ca or something.

Just to make sure I can't possibly mess anything up, here is the video card http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130919 everything is compatible? Thanks in advanced, I have no idea where I'd go or who I'd ask if this site didn't exist lol!

PC Specs:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink

Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Gaming Case

Antec HCG-620M 620W ATX12V Modular SINGLE-RAIL 48A 80PLUS Bronze 135mm Fan Active PFC Power Supply

MSI Z77A-GD65 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 4PCI-E1 SATA3 DVI HDMI VGA DX11 USB3.0 Motherboard

Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail

Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 16GB 2X8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL10 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Comments

• EvilMixEvilMix Member Posts: 251

As far as hard drives, I found this: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136533

Just need to know if those two items would work with my current PC. Thanks!

• skakrukskakruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Just make sure the drive has sata connection (almost all on sale do).  The one you linked is fine.
    Originally posted by skakruk
    Just make sure the drive has sata connection (almost all on sale do).  The one you linked is fine.

Thanks man!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

That will work, though if you've got a good SSD, the speed of the hard drive doesn't matter, as you won't be running anything performance-sensitive off of it.  So you could save some money by getting a cheaper, slower hard drive:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

Originally posted by Quizzical

That will work, though if you've got a good SSD, the speed of the hard drive doesn't matter, as you won't be running anything performance-sensitive off of it.  So you could save some money by getting a cheaper, slower hard drive:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

Thanks as always Quizz, going to order that HDD and the Graphics Card now :)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Last I checked nvidia didn't have a 100% dx11.1 GPU!only amd does!
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

What does that mean?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by EvilMix

What does that mean?

Microsoft released a new version of DirectX, version 11.1, with Windows 8.  It's Windows 8 only, and none of the features in it matter much, so no one actually uses it.  But if you actually cared about DirectX 11.1, the latest AMD cards support all of the features in it, while the latest Nvidia cards only support some of the new DirectX 11.1 features.  Radeon HD 5000 series and later and GeForce 400 series and later cards all support DirectX 11, which is the version you should care about.

Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by EvilMix

What does that mean?

Microsoft released a new version of DirectX, version 11.1, with Windows 8.  It's Windows 8 only, and none of the features in it matter much, so no one actually uses it.  But if you actually cared about DirectX 11.1, the latest AMD cards support all of the features in it, while the latest Nvidia cards only support some of the new DirectX 11.1 features.  Radeon HD 5000 series and later and GeForce 400 series and later cards all support DirectX 11, which is the version you should care about.

Oh I see, thanks.