Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Umm Racing Cars and other things New Video

IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSV7SUeYaLo

2:14 Dragon breathing fire. 2:24 Racing Cars. At that point + the video went off into something else for me. Seems a huge step away from armored horses charging into combat. Okay, a wedding isn't bad, but beach resort with modern swimwear followed with Hawaiian Ts haha wth?

Edit: Looks like I'm a tad late, as these features have been presented a week or so ago too.

Comments

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Isawa

Edit: Looks like I'm a tad late, as these features have been presented a week or so ago too.

Most of these features are in the game since May, you are late with months not a week...

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    So you are saying that this game doesn't fit what your ideal of what a fantasy game should be?

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    If they take that rubbish out for the NA version I'll play, if not, no thanks.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Not so keen on Swimwear and Cars either................

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

Yeah, I could do without the cars but I think this is a pretty impressive video.

They are clearly trying to broaden the appeal of the game to (largely female) Sims players, and if they can pull that off more power to them.

• KamikazeKiteKamikazeKite Member Posts: 38
    Cars and Swimwear is nothing compared to gender/race locks and classes only able to use 1 or 2 weapons. I'm still going to play the shit out of this awesome game. 
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    The game will have one of the worst communities in any MMO to date.  Just saying.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

Yeah, I have to say, the cars and modern swimwear just jump the shark for me. Some may not think it's that big a deal, but I think it detracts from the pseudo medieval setting just a bit too much. 

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

Originally posted by Betaguy
    The game will have one of the worst communities in any MMO to date.  Just saying.

Why is that ?

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by KamikazeKite

Why is that ?

I will give you some time to think about it.... 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

No i dont need to think about it. I think you're wrong, thats why i'm asking.
  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by KamikazeKite

Why is that ?

I will give you some time to think about it.... 

Someone didn't help you to get an account?

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    The modern cars and swimsuits take the immersion out.  Seeing the castles and dragons and warriors on steeds in armor....then a race car passes you?  Something seems off about that.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Up until now, I was excited about this game but apparently Asian MMO's like to mix high fantasy with modern day which doesn't really appeal to me at all. I mean, swords, spells and castles mixed with race cars, swim suits and other modern era items? I'm not saying it's bad or wrong, but I don't understand the fascination with it. It's almost looking like SIMS Online more than an RPG MMO.

I feel the same way, i was soo looking forward to this game. But all the recient crap, change in trade skills, and Trion playing idiots not releasing any info on progress. I have little to look forward too it seems. Least EQN info coming out soon.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by Isawa

Most of these features are in the game since May, you are late with months not a week...

Yes, I was following this game far more a while back. I took some time to watch various youtube videos and catch up.

Originally posted by shamall
    So you are saying that this game doesn't fit what your ideal of what a fantasy game should be?

Yes, and that when the racing cars popped up, my reaction was what the hell is going on now? Right before, they show all these horse cavalry charging, why don't they have the more advanced tank cavalry plowing through them?

They create these more leisure activities that break the rest of the game's immersion for far more people than just me. From what I've seen, the more advanced technology is featured in leisure activities instead of warfare image What a joke.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Other then Black Deserts its still the best looking mmo thats coming. I love everything about the game and cant wait to play it.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by junzo316
    The modern cars and swimsuits take the immersion out.  Seeing the castles and dragons and warriors on steeds in armor....then a race car passes you?  Something seems off about that.

Totally agree.

I hope Trion reconsider this...............

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Lol how many threads are we going to have on this? Get over it, people.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by faiyo

They will never get over it, because the only fantasy world they know of and accept is the one Tolkien created, and any other fantasy setting is a blasphemy to them.

• Darkarai79Darkarai79 Member Posts: 39
    the cars shouldn't even be that big of a deal. i've never read anything on this but to me if they have boats and all this other crazy shit, wth is a car to you ? or do you see a car and think oh present time in a medival type game ? is it impossible for cars or anything with a wheel to exist ? seems childish to me. 
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

You took the time to post about it yourself. Really bother ya? =)

Seriously though, the immersion is busted up a bit. But then it is a fantasy game, and not all fantasy is HIGH fantasy, lots of the genre out there has all sorts of things going on that are not strictly Tolkeinesque.

That said, the part of the vid that looks like an ad for a cruise in the Bahamas was pretty immersion killing for me.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I can already see hundreds of players from GOON attacking everyone they can see, chasing them in race cars and dressed in swimsuits

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by wizyy

I can already see hundreds of players from GOON attacking everyone they can see, chasing them in race cars and dressed in swimsuits

I fail to see the issue with swimsuits?  Name a successful game where you can't remove your clothes / armor?  Is a swimsuit really different than underwear and / or bra?

On the car part, I hope I can run other players over :P  Why bother dismounting ..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I have a question: Do the people that complain about archeage "modern" stuff (cars, swinsuits, etc) know anything about the Archeage lore to say so readily that these things don't fit it?

From what i know, the Archeage world have a unknow and lost past that seens were more technologically advanced. Don't these things cant just be remnants of that ancient technology?

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Naral

You took the time to post about it yourself. Really bother ya? =)

Seriously though, the immersion is busted up a bit. But then it is a fantasy game, and not all fantasy is HIGH fantasy, lots of the genre out there has all sorts of things going on that are not strictly Tolkeinesque.

That said, the part of the vid that looks like an ad for a cruise in the Bahamas was pretty immersion killing for me.

Yep, I took the time to say stop the western QQing. So there are cars. No one bothers to research that these vehicles use lore based force, it's not like they're running on gas from your nearest local gas station. No one also realizes that the game centers around building a civilization. People are going to invent things. But lately so many people are too lazy to use their imagination, which btw is part of an rpg experience.

Really if you don't like Asian style games/anime then this game simply isn't for you. Moe on and find something else. There will always be a crowd that can tolerate it.