Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC and PS3 servers seperate?

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Will the PS3 players have their own servers? or are they planning on mixing the 2 platform player bases?

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• RyvellaRyvella Member UncommonPosts: 21
    They're not seperate servers. Everyone plays together.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Same servers.

PC and PS3 play together.

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Nope, we'll all be playing on the same servers, so if you do play on the ps3, please get a cheap keyboard to talk to other players.  The gamepad controls are pretty good in the game, so if you're a good player no one will be able to tell the difference.
  • paganloftpaganloft Member Posts: 11

It creates too much negative publicity for the platform manufacturers... That's why you don't see PS3 and Xbox360 and PC folks playing games like Defiance together.  Too much room for potential "My PC is better than your PS3, my experience in the same game is better than yours"

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    PS3, PS4 and PC play together.
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

that sucks, so pretty much every ps3 player will be a mute.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Keyboards exist that are ps3 compatible.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

You can play on the PS3 with a keyboard attached to your PS3.... Most keyboards are ps3 compatible.

If you need to use Ventril, raidcall, or TS, you can have the app on your tablet or smartphone, while you play on the ps3, or if the PS3 is close to your computer... use ventril/raidcall on your computer while you play on the PS3.

It's a not a big issue and I believe one of the BEST things about FFXIV that no other game can match.

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by WellzyC

All you need is a USB keyboard, and you'll be fine.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Also in FFXI they played together
    Chamber of Chains
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by paganloft

It creates too much negative publicity for the platform manufacturers... That's why you don't see PS3 and Xbox360 and PC folks playing games like Defiance together.  Too much room for potential "My PC is better than your PS3, my experience in the same game is better than yours"

i cant wait to own ps3 players in pvp , free kills ftw :D

there will be pc player only guilds and stuff , but its still good that we play together , it be nice to  log on with a ps3  to craft n shit when u wanna relax on sofa or in bed :D

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I think I am going to dedicate myself to being the best PS3/PS4 platform PvP player in the world... just so I can smack up PC elitists and then laugh and say "OK, I'm on console. What is your excuse now?"

• WATSKIWATSKI Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I think I am going to dedicate myself to being the best PS3/PS4 platform PvP player in the world... just so I can smack up PC elitists and then laugh and say "OK, I'm on console. What is your excuse now?"

You.... you. Just you. For this comment. Can I give you an award or something? I've played FFXI on both console and PC, and there really wasn't much difference to me, except for the movement.

And for PC purists, did you know with the PS3 controller it's easier to move out of the monster's AOE ring? Because when you back up, you actually run backwards. No need to move the camera at all , and there is no slow backwards walk when hitting the S key.

So yeah, I'll be playing on both, but depending on what I'm playing at the time, who I'm playing with, and how lazy I want to be, I may just be on my couch instead of on my monitor.

Though I hope they can make targetting a little more fluid on consoles.

Aim Small, Miss Small.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by rush1984

Originally posted by paganloft It creates too much negative publicity for the platform manufacturers... That's why you don't see PS3 and Xbox360 and PC folks playing games like Defiance together.  Too much room for potential "My PC is better than your PS3, my experience in the same game is better than yours"

there will be pc player only guilds and stuff , but its still good that we play together , it be nice to  log on with a ps3  to craft n shit when u wanna relax on sofa or in bed :D

Yeah because a keyboard and mouse will give you such a HUGE advantage over controller users in a turn based, stats driven, global cooldown limited MMORPG.

If you couldnt tell from the text above that was sarcasm.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174

If anyone is s-keying out of aoe they deserve to die. You can also strafe out of aoe without moving the camera at all, so that is kind of moot.

If I wanted, I could play with a gamepad from my couch on my PC but I prefer being able to voice-chat. PS3 can't unless they use a smartphone app.

Originally posted by BadSpock

good luck with that

its all good until you fight the best pc pvper in the world and they they laugh at you isnt it haha

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by paganloft It creates too much negative publicity for the platform manufacturers... That's why you don't see PS3 and Xbox360 and PC folks playing games like Defiance together.  Too much room for potential "My PC is better than your PS3, my experience in the same game is better than yours"

Yeah because a keyboard and mouse will give you such a HUGE advantage over controller users in a turn based, stats driven, global cooldown limited MMORPG.

If you couldnt tell from the text above that was sarcasm.

its hardly turn based rofl exaggerate much? 

well see wont we ...if you think controllers wont be gimped and that they will be equal to pc gamers then thats your opinion , thats cool bro..

they wasnt in Tera and i doubt they will be in this either 

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

After playing with a controller (incredibly optimized I'll admit) and keyboard in this game I don't think one will be better than the other (personal preference) seeing you can lock in on targets and switch targets on the fly within the same time on both controller and KB/M.

So when it comes to which is better, it wont matter. You'll have people on PC playing with controllers and people on PS3/4 with USB Keyboards. Won't be able to tell the difference after people learn the controls.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by Xiaoki   Originally posted by rush1984 Originally posted by paganloft It creates too much negative publicity for the platform manufacturers... That's why you don't see PS3 and Xbox360 and PC folks playing games like Defiance together.  Too much room for potential "My PC is better than your PS3, my experience in the same game is better than yours"
    i cant wait to own ps3 players in pvp , free kills ftw :D   there will be pc player only guilds and stuff , but its still good that we play together , it be nice to  log on with a ps3  to craft n shit when u wanna relax on sofa or in bed :D
    Yeah because a keyboard and mouse will give you such a HUGE advantage over controller users in a turn based, stats driven, global cooldown limited MMORPG.   If you couldnt tell from the text above that was sarcasm.

well see wont we ...if you think controllers wont be gimped and that they will be equal to pc gamers then thats your opinion , thats cool bro..

Wait, you're comparing FF14s combat to ...Tera?!

I think you have FF14 confused with some other game.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

When it comes to PvP i can see k/m being better for shooter games but when it comes to hack and slash style action or fighting games where a lot of movements and button combos are required its Gamepads for sure.  The left stick is so much better for movement than wasd.

In FFXIV case neither has really any advantage over each other in a tab target auto attack turn based style combat, especially considering that there is target-lock where the camera automatically follows the target.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

They all go together. I'm just a little sad that the servers aren't intercontinental like FFXI, where you could group with people from EU and Japan, and use the translator function when language barrier would be an issue.

That system made it so there was good population 24/7

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Only place I could maybe see a slight advantage is PvP targetting, for example you notice a Lalafell hiding in a bush behind a rock healing and you need to quickly switch to him, instead of having to cycle through the targets, a mouse could just click on him.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Teras gamepad controls design is utterly terrible, it was clear the game was developed with hotbar controls in mind.  You obviously havent seen or played with the gamepad controls for FF XIV.  And the two games have very different combat gameplay.

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by denshing

They all go together. I'm just a little sad that the servers aren't intercontinental like FFXI, where you could group with people from EU and Japan, and use the translator function when language barrier would be an issue.

That system made it so there was good population 24/7

You still can..The job system (a looking for group sorta mechanic) is cross server, or at least it was in beta. While I don't know if it's will cross NA with JP, I know I ran into a bunch of EU players as there was MUCH translation across the screen :)

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

I know right? PC Will own ps3 players! 

If only they could plug in a M/kb... oh wait they can.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com