Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Active RP Community F2P with lots of character customization

aozgoloaozgolo Member Posts: 6

I'm looking for a free-to-play or at least pay-once MMO that has a decent RP community, I've been hopscotching around games like Neverwinter, Dragon's Prophet, Age of Conan, and I can't seem to find any RP in F2P that exists outside specialized and often desolate guilds. I'd also like a title that actually supports a strong RP community through extensive character customization (in the creation at least) and has lots of world interaction IE: Emotes, furniture, housing, etc.

I don't mind if it's an older game as long as it's newb friendly. I also don't want something where all the customization options are ONLY unlocked through cashstores. I'm a little burnt out on hefty learning curves so I'd like something simple and not too taxing that I can just enjoy playing with other people for once and immersing myself instead of feelings like I'm in a single player experience and there just happens to be other people about. I'm really craving that community of RPers.

Genre/Setting doesn't matter, but I want to be an actual character, not a vehicle.

Comments

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by aozgolo

I'm looking for a free-to-play or at least pay-once MMO that has a decent RP community, I've been hopscotching around games like Neverwinter, Dragon's Prophet, Age of Conan, and I can't seem to find any RP in F2P that exists outside specialized and often desolate guilds. I'd also like a title that actually supports a strong RP community through extensive character customization (in the creation at least) and has lots of world interaction IE: Emotes, furniture, housing, etc.

I don't mind if it's an older game as long as it's newb friendly. I also don't want something where all the customization options are ONLY unlocked through cashstores. I'm a little burnt out on hefty learning curves so I'd like something simple and not too taxing that I can just enjoy playing with other people for once and immersing myself instead of feelings like I'm in a single player experience and there just happens to be other people about. I'm really craving that community of RPers.

Genre/Setting doesn't matter, but I want to be an actual character, not a vehicle.

Pick up GW2 and go to the Tarnished Coast server, plenty of rp there and the game is B2p meaning you only have to pay for it once. Right now out of the no sub games its your absolute best bet as I don't know how good the rp communities are in Star Trek Online and Lord of the Rings are. You can't go wrong with the Tarnished Coast server in GW2. There is even a dedicated rp website. GW2rpers.com

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Originally posted by aozgolo

Pick up GW2 and go to the Tarnished Coast server, plenty of rp there and the game is B2p meaning you only have to pay for it once.

What he said^^^

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."