Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gender lock still on or dropped ?

1235

Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,960
    Originally posted by VveV
     

    If it was in official lore then so be it,  but that is not the case. Even if it were it is still extremly restrictive :). My main issue is that not allowing such things and not having the offical lore for it is just sketchy and lazy design. It shows that they don't care about players truly being immersed in their world.

    Well, do you know for certain it's not the case?

    And it's "not" lazy design. Actually the opposite would be lazy design. Just having everyone be anything is the actual lazy way out.

    Putting thought into each race and class so that each race has strengths and weaknesses shows forethought as to how these races work with and against each other during the game.

    As far as players being immersed in the world, I'll refer back to my "role players who think that role play is doing whatever they want" over "role players who figure out where the "spine" of the lore is and then grow from that.

    Anyone can say "oh, i'm an elf but also a warrior but also psychic and I used to be the queen of the humans because I was a shapeshifter but also one of the greatest artists ...." yadda yadda yadda.

    That's just everything but the kitchen sink "design".

    but giving a player various "points" (or as I indicated above "spine") where they have very distinct places for the start of their character makes the player actually think of their character, how it relates to the world. 

    As I said, anyone can just glob on various attributes to their character's "life" but forcing players to actually think of their characters in relation to specific world points will yield more interesting results.

    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Amate
    Originally posted by VveV

    The mount information is all Already in game, as I have stated multiple times now, if you are to lazy to confirm your information that is not my issue. You even prev stated how, after I provideds the link that everything was just a false promise when BDO does not have all of its content in its cbts either.

    So is the multiple mounts feature your sandbox content? Because I have seen plenty of theme parks with mounts.

    In BDO you can tame wild mounts, teach them new skills, and have them breed to sell them to other players. Every feature of BDO I have mentioned here is ALREADY in the CBTs. I have said this in the previous post already, I get the feeling you can't read.

    Every single feature I have mentioned is already in the game, and has been tested by CBT testers. They are not hypothetical additions. There is videos and screenshots to prove it. Something you can't provide for Bless because it doesn't exist.

     

    ''The fact that the video is from cbt isn't my issue. the video doesn't list or post anything such thing, and between cbt 1 and cbt2 i cant tell the difference with the lag and buggy-ness so... Also i find it funny how even the uploader considers BDO's sieges as "zergs".''

    Oh ok, so we gonna ignore any improvement made between CBTs, is that how you approach objectivity? In fact the video did list it was recorded during CBT1, if you had watched the first seconds of the intro. But I guess you didn't even watch the video. Sieges were smooth in CBT2, as long as you didn't play on a potato. Why don't you link videos of Steparu from CBT2? Is it because it proves you wrong?

     

    ''just thought I was superior?''

    Oh yes, you are indeed superior at lying and covering things. I'm no match for you.

    Nope.

    Only thing I  see you can ride is a horse, donkey and a elephant, still not as many mount you can get in Bless. I am also not seeing anything about taming pets? comment? no? o ok. I get the feeling your barely hanging on the edge with this discussion lol.

    As is everything that i have mention I have already provided links. Go look.

    You talk about ignoring stuff about cbt yet act like because a cbt is restricted and doesn't show the whole product that, somehow, that "system" is not in the game, yea ok. Despite whether or not they were smooth, the games sieges are still sub-par and are not even as good as Eso's, what more do you need... 

    And yea I watch steparu. Hes not my favorite though because he gets lazy with his reviews. 

    I'm glad we confirmed  the already confirmed X].

    I see you picked my method back up.. good pet :)

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Dagon13
    Originally posted by Albatroes

    As I said earlier in the thread, I dont really care if it ends up being completely gender locked or not since it kinda ties into most middle aged lore where men had certain jobs and women had other jobs. Now I'm really hoping its not age locked though because to me that seems completely retarded, if you want to go to lore it is always possible to have young individuals being superior to older ones because they were naturally gifted. For other aspects of the game, the character customization is simply amazing given to how much detail you could change and that was based off of one of the closed betas, so its bound to have gotten even better.

    Because there are no naturally gifted women?  This is blatant sexism.  I could introduce you to dozens of women whom I'd bet are stronger than most of the men on this forum.  All of them are perfectly normal looking, well mannered individuals.

    And that lore you're referencing?  Don't forget about the decades of progress women and self respecting men have made proving that women can pull more than their fair share of the weight without being restricted by your stereotypes.

    ^ This as well.

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by VveV
     

    If it was in official lore then so be it,  but that is not the case. Even if it were it is still extremly restrictive :). My main issue is that not allowing such things and not having the offical lore for it is just sketchy and lazy design. It shows that they don't care about players truly being immersed in their world.

    Well, do you know for certain it's not the case?

    And it's "not" lazy design. Actually the opposite would be lazy design. Just having everyone be anything is the actual lazy way out.

    Putting thought into each race and class so that each race has strengths and weaknesses shows forethought as to how these races work with and against each other during the game.

    As far as players being immersed in the world, I'll refer back to my "role players who think that role play is doing whatever they want" over "role players who figure out where the "spine" of the lore is and then grow from that.

    Anyone can say "oh, i'm an elf but also a warrior but also psychic and I used to be the queen of the humans because I was a shapeshifter but also one of the greatest artists ...." yadda yadda yadda.

    That's just everything but the kitchen sink "design".

    but giving a player various "points" (or as I indicated above "spine") where they have very distinct places for the start of their character makes the player actually think of their character, how it relates to the world. 

    As I said, anyone can just glob on various attributes to their character's "life" but forcing players to actually think of their characters in relation to specific world points will yield more interesting results.

    While I see your points it is very lazy considering how there is no lore behind Any of the locks. I don't see how that comes across as putting thought into character design. Its just like i said, Vindictus 2.0 with a few better features. Also as a gaming company you can def have distinct starting areas and such without being so restrictive. Bless is a example of this with its 8 races with in-depth lore and stories, all different btw, and its 10 classes. No Race or Gender and gender lock btw. 

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Amate
    Originally posted by VveV

    Nope.

    O rly, so where are they. Let's not forget YOU claimed Bless is a sandbox, yet you have been unable to provide a single feature that proves it. You kept going about multiples mounts like it's the ultimate sandbox feature. Been waiting for nearly 2 pages, and you keep avoiding the issue by spouting nonsense or asking me to read your links that you haven't provided.

    ''Only thing I  see you can ride is a horse, donkey and a elephant, still not as many mount you can get in Bless. I am also not seeing anything about taming pets? comment? no? o ok. I get the feeling your barely hanging on the edge with this discussion lol.''

    Nope, there is only donkey and horse. But can you tame and breed your mounts in Bless? Why are you ignoring those features and keep going about different mount types? You prefer to have a lot of randoms mounts but no advanced features with them? And actually they are adding pets for next CBT3 in 6 days. So joke is on you.

    ''As is everything that i have mention I have already provided links. Go look.''

    Nope you are straight up lying. Sieges weren't in CBT1, neither was this NPC thing they speak of. Find me a video or a screenshot of Bless showcasing any of these features.

    ''You take about ignoring stuff about cbt yet act like because a cbt is restricted and doesn't show the whole product that something not in game, yea ok. Dispite whether or not they were smooth, the games sieges are still sub-par and are not even as good as Eso's, what more do you need...''

    First, I can barely understand what you say, coherent sentences please. Second, your criticism on sieges was about the performance. I proved you wrong, and now that you can't complain about it anymore they are just sub-par? For what reasons exactly? Hang in there and try to find a good reason without making a fool of yourself.

    ''I see you picked my method back up.. good pet :)''

    I did not, you need glasses, or to go back to school and learn to read.

     

    ''While I see your points it is very lazy considering how there is no lore behind Any of the locks''

    O rly? You know a lot of Valkyrie males? You are clueless.

    They were posted as just one of the features that Bless has a more in-depth system of than BDO.  You said you have been waiting pages for such and such while I am still waiting for you to correct that Bless does indeed have npc interaction and taming which you said it did not.

    If your reading capabilities were higher than that of a infant you would have saw, in the links I provided, that you indeed DO tame your mount AND pets. The fact that You say they are adding them means absolutely nothing, I have not seen anything posted or stated anywhere that has mention pets in BDO, so nope jokes still on ya.

    Lol I never stated they were. The information is from a dev directly on what will being happening in them. A games CBT does not mean that is the full product. How are you still trying to use this as a excuse. If that was the case, as seen in that horrid BDO siege video, BDO is a clunky lag-fest with no endgame and is filled with clones.

    If you are going to quote someone, do it correctly. Sheesh,I thought even people of lower status knew that. And no my criticism was about performance AND function. Thus why I brought up how it is below ESO's sieges. Nice try though. Still waiting on that correct about taming and npc interaction.

    The fact that the highlights are in your post is still my method. Lessers will be lesser I suppose...

    Have you not heard of cosplay.... and my statement is still correct I was referring to Offcial GAME lore which there is none.

    I find it funny how I bring up Bless as a side-point and it somehow became the main topic of discussion.. just shows that haters gotta attack something because it is superior.

     

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Good Lord, Bless is still being talked bout here?!

    Bravo VveV, you have unbelievable influence to have multiple people marching to your beat. I honestly admire your skill in having someone argue something they not only don't have to argue, but shouldn't in the first place. Is there some kind of reputation system on these forums? Cause I believe you deserve +reps for all the work you're putting in.

    Amate, I'm severely disappointed with you. If you really are Amae from YouTube, I enjoyed your BDO videos immensely. They gave me a look at the game that differed from Steparu's videos. What are you doing going back and forth about Bless? If VevV wants to sing the praises of Bless, let him. Can you really blame him since the Bless Forums are pretty much deserted? He has nowhere to go! And honestly, I believe anyone who's interested in BDO is able to make up their own minds if Bless has better features or whatever. You don't have to champion the cause.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Blaedus
    Good Lord, Bless is still being talked bout here?!

    Bravo VveV, you have unbelievable influence to have multiple people marching to your beat. I honestly admire your skill in having someone argue something they not only don't have to argue, but shouldn't in the first place. Is there some kind of reputation system on these forums? Cause I believe you deserve +reps for all the work you're putting in.

    Amate, I'm severely disappointed with you. If you really are Amae from YouTube, I enjoyed your BDO videos immensely. They gave me a look at the game that differed from Steparu's videos. What are you doing going back and forth about Bless? If VevV wants to sing the praises of Bless, let him. Can you really blame him since the Bless Forums are pretty much deserted? He has nowhere to go! And honestly, I believe anyone who's interested in BDO is able to make up their own minds if Bless has better features or whatever. You don't have to champion the cause.

    First Paragraph-

      That was actually my point that i brought up. When i first mention Bless it was as a side-point, but then lots of people kept acting like that was my main point. And ty, I try to make sure  lessers are in their place, even in rl.

    Second Paragraph-

     Um actually I am quite active on the Bless forums/source forum lol. Is it not possible to be active on more than one forum? That excuse is getting old tbh. The whole reason why I even came here and was to make sure this heap wasn't only being praised like ESO was when both games have some serious issues. Why is it when someone talks negatively bout a game people get defensive? >.>

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by VveV

    Second Paragraph-

     Um actually I am quite active on the Bless forums/source forum lol. Is it not possible to be active on more than one forum? That excuse is getting old tbh. The whole reason why I even came here and was to make sure this heap wasn't only being praised like ESO was when both games have some serious issues. Why is it when someone talks negatively bout a game people get defensive? >.>

     

    Pardon me, I should've made myself clearer. When I said "Bless Forums", I meant the forums here on mmorpg.com which is very much a ghost town as it hasn't had real activity since nearly a year ago (trust me, I pop in there just like I do with BDO). And I don't have a problem with you badmouthing BDO, but bringing Bless into it is a separate thing entirely. This thread was ALREADY talking bout a feature that didn't sit right with many, yet you brought up Bless...for what? If you feel so strongly that Bless is/was/will be so much better than BDO, why couldn't you just make a thread for both games instead of nearly singlehandedly derailing this one?
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Blaedus
    Originally posted by VveV

     

    Second Paragraph-

     Um actually I am quite active on the Bless forums/source forum lol. Is it not possible to be active on more than one forum? That excuse is getting old tbh. The whole reason why I even came here and was to make sure this heap wasn't only being praised like ESO was when both games have some serious issues. Why is it when someone talks negatively bout a game people get defensive? >.>

     

    Pardon me, I should've made myself clearer. When I said "Bless Forums", I meant the forums here on mmorpg.com which is very much a ghost town as it hasn't had real activity since nearly a year ago (trust me, I pop in there just like I do with BDO). And I don't have a problem with you badmouthing BDO, but bringing Bless into it is a separate thing entirely. This thread was ALREADY talking bout a feature that didn't sit right with many, yet you brought up Bless...for what? If you feel so strongly that Bless is/was/will be so much better than BDO, why couldn't you just make a thread for both games instead of nearly singlehandedly derailing this one?

    I accept your pardon, but yes you should have stated that. Bless is in a earlier state of testing that BDO is, when BDO was in such a state it was indeed a ghost town here. To act like the games are at the same stage of testing is a fallacy, considering esp since I didn't state such. As well i never stated you had a issue with me, and I already stated how i brought up Bless as a side-point. Whether it had any to do with what was being discussion is quite irrelevant, considering it somehow became the main topic of discussion. 

    I already stated my whole purpose of even being here was because i wanted to clear up the hazy fog that fan-bois will put up to hid negatives about their game. And i most definitely did not "singlehandedly", as you put it, derail this thread. I even made comments in my previous points, how some hoe Bless became the main topic and BDO became secondary.

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

    It's alright if they make a differently named but mirrored version for each gender.

    You'd think that just making a small little option to pick your gender in the first place would be the easier option though.

    Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

    It's alright if they make a differently named but mirrored version for each gender.

    You'd think that just making a small little option to pick your gender in the first place would be the easier option though.

    Mirrored classes doesn't mean they will be exactly like eachoter, look on EQ2s mirrored classes.

    Anyways, lack of character customization is always bad, let our avatars look like we want in any MMO.

    For me it will however be far worse if all characters of a class look and dress very similar then genderlocks. In certain games everyone looks very similar and that just sucks.

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

    It's alright if they make a differently named but mirrored version for each gender.

    You'd think that just making a small little option to pick your gender in the first place would be the easier option though.

    ^ Exactly my point >..> its just lazy design.

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

    It's alright if they make a differently named but mirrored version for each gender.

    You'd think that just making a small little option to pick your gender in the first place would be the easier option though.

    Mirrored classes doesn't mean they will be exactly like eachoter, look on EQ2s mirrored classes.

    Anyways, lack of character customization is always bad, let our avatars look like we want in any MMO.

    For me it will however be far worse if all characters of a class look and dress very similar then genderlocks. In certain games everyone looks very similar and that just sucks.

    ^ This as well, it makes your game world into Clone World the MMORPG.

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by VveV
    Originally posted by Loke666

    Mirrored classes doesn't mean they will be exactly like eachoter, look on EQ2s mirrored classes.

    Anyways, lack of character customization is always bad, let our avatars look like we want in any MMO.

    For me it will however be far worse if all characters of a class look and dress very similar then genderlocks. In certain games everyone looks very similar and that just sucks.

    ^ This as well, it makes your game world into Clone World the MMORPG.

    Yes, and it is pretty common in Asian (and some low budget US) games. MMOs needs to at least give the illusion of people being different from eachother. I should be able to recognize my friends avatars just by look and not on the name over their head. It is after all not 1996 anymore and graphics have evolved since M59 and The Realm.

    Being lazy and just add 5 faces and hairstyles, same body shape and 3 different armor skins every 20 levels is cheap and boring and I avoid such games.

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by VveV
    Originally posted by Loke666

    Mirrored classes doesn't mean they will be exactly like eachoter, look on EQ2s mirrored classes.

    Anyways, lack of character customization is always bad, let our avatars look like we want in any MMO.

    For me it will however be far worse if all characters of a class look and dress very similar then genderlocks. In certain games everyone looks very similar and that just sucks.

    ^ This as well, it makes your game world into Clone World the MMORPG.

    Yes, and it is pretty common in Asian (and some low budget US) games. MMOs needs to at least give the illusion of people being different from eachother. I should be able to recognize my friends avatars just by look and not on the name over their head. It is after all not 1996 anymore and graphics have evolved since M59 and The Realm.

    Being lazy and just add 5 faces and hairstyles, same body shape and 3 different armor skins every 20 levels is cheap and boring and I avoid such games.

    ^ Ty, this right here sums up my entire meaning behind revealing BDO for what it really it, a low budget project.

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • XosaSenpaiXosaSenpai Member Posts: 2
    So Its genderlocked? I never knew that, Well.. That sucks... -insert joke about korean mmo's here.-

    Cultivate your hunger before you idealize.
    Motivate your anger to make them all realize.
    Climbing the mountain, never coming down.
    Break into the contents, never falling down.

    My knee is still shaking, like I was twelve,
    Sneaking out of the classroom, by the back door.
    A man railed at me twice though, but I didn't care.
    Waiting is wasting for people like me.

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by XosaSenpai
    So Its genderlocked? I never knew that, Well.. That sucks... -insert joke about korean mmo's here.-

    ^ yes it is and                                                                ^yea it does 

    cool avatar btw :)

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • XosaSenpaiXosaSenpai Member Posts: 2
    Thanks :D!

    Cultivate your hunger before you idealize.
    Motivate your anger to make them all realize.
    Climbing the mountain, never coming down.
    Break into the contents, never falling down.

    My knee is still shaking, like I was twelve,
    Sneaking out of the classroom, by the back door.
    A man railed at me twice though, but I didn't care.
    Waiting is wasting for people like me.

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Dagon13
    Originally posted by Albatroes

    As I said earlier in the thread, I dont really care if it ends up being completely gender locked or not since it kinda ties into most middle aged lore where men had certain jobs and women had other jobs. Now I'm really hoping its not age locked though because to me that seems completely retarded, if you want to go to lore it is always possible to have young individuals being superior to older ones because they were naturally gifted. For other aspects of the game, the character customization is simply amazing given to how much detail you could change and that was based off of one of the closed betas, so its bound to have gotten even better.

    Because there are no naturally gifted women?  This is blatant sexism.  I could introduce you to dozens of women whom I'd bet are stronger than most of the men on this forum.  All of them are perfectly normal looking, well mannered individuals.

    And that lore you're referencing?  Don't forget about the decades of progress women and self respecting men have made proving that women can pull more than their fair share of the weight without being restricted by your stereotypes.

    Was there a point to your rant? Because obviously you can't read. Middle-aged lore where sexism was heavy. Chug some midol and relax.

  • scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89

    Korean CBT3 is going to start soon. Let's see what it might say about "age-locking". The one BDO fansite said it should be possible to make a wizard appear in their 30s. Not to mention the article that has been linked here repeatedly is 19 months old...

    Race lock = I'm ok with.

    Gender lock = I'm ok with.

    Age lock = not a fan. I will play only wizard, maybe archer, and I don't wanna be old, middle-age is ok.

     

    As for the off-topic conversation,

    Game I expect to be complete shit but will try - Black Desert

    Game I won't give two seconds of my time, ever - Bless

  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by sciocco

    Game I expect to be complete shit but will try - Black Desert

    Game I won't give two seconds of my time, ever - Bless

    O my, seems both are in a negative light....

    Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

  • scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by VveV
    Originally posted by sciocco

    Game I expect to be complete shit but will try - Black Desert

    Game I won't give two seconds of my time, ever - Bless

    O my, seems both are in a negative light....

    I prefer to remain as pessimistic as possible when it comes to MMORPGs. Thankfully, I love FPS & TPS so I can try to enjoy that genre in the meantime.

  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I'm okay with race/species restrictions on classes, as long as it fits the lore.  It's gender restrictions that i can't stand.  As humans, we want to fulfill a role, no matter what gender it is.  We identify more with gender, than any kind of fictional race/species, which is why a lot of people hate the restrictions when it's about gender.  This is why i'm disappointed that black desert will have gender-lock, and the more i read up on black desert, the more i see the typical asian mmo familiarity that i've come to dislike.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

    I'd be more concerned about the auto pathing system rather than lore based gender lock.

    Lets say there was a "Shield Maiden" class...  In viking society they were female warriors so how do you expect to play a male version??

    There is zero wrong with gender lock for certain classes.  People shouting "deal breaker!!" are being stupid !

  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,339

    So about nonsense with clone wars. 

    Character editor.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqdZNhyptZ4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTZZDddzvQk

    Old and young - 2.05

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6upi0OLU3mg

    And classes, gear, dyes.

    Ranger

    Warrior

    Sorceress

    Giant

    Different armors, there is more in fact.

Sign In or Register to comment.