Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane: Former Players Get 15 Days Free!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

UbiSoft has announced that they will be re-activating all former accounts that expired in good standing.  Their announcement follows:

Ubisoft Invites Former Subscribers Back to Shadowbane
Win-Back Program Turns on All Former Accounts Free for 15 Days

To celebrate the release of Shadowbane® Patch 5.0, A Call to Arms, Ubisoft is reactivating all former accounts in good standing for 15 days, absolutely free with no obligation. A Call to Arms patch is a new milestone for Shadowbane and includes the long-awaited introduction of the Alchemy System.

Running from April 26 through May 10, 2005, the Return to Shadowbane promotion will reactivate all accounts that have expired in good standing, allowing previous subscribers to play Shadowbane for another 15 days with no account obligations and no long-term commitments. These returning players will have access to their former characters, equipment, and wealth. After the 15 free days have passed, all reactivated Shadowbane accounts will immediately expire again, so users will not have to re-cancel or even say farewell. Additionally, anyone with already-canceled accounts or accounts set to expire after April 26 can continue to play free of charge until the end of the promotion on May 10.

"Between the recent expansion pack, Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion, and our latest content update, A Call to Arms, Wolfpack has continued to strengthen the game's foundation and refine Shadowbane's core vision of allowing players to change the world," said Frank 'Kellion' Lucero, Shadowbane producer. "With several new systems going in, including long-awaited items like Stat Refinement, the Alchemy System, and Looking for Group and Guild flags, it will now be easier, more fun, and much more exciting to play Shadowbane than it was this time last year. This is a perfect time to try Shadowbane again!"

The Return to Shadowbane promotion officially begins on Tuesday, April 26. All reactivated users will receive a notice from our account management system containing the above information. To learn more about the Return to Shadowbane promotion, read the Chronicle of Strife at: http://chronicle.ubi.com/Articles/News/200504_winback.htm 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

Will be interesting to see how the game's changed...

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

I tested it and I was diappointed at it because all of my characters stuff and money was gone to oblivion! :(
    This just due the fact that my server did no longer existed and I was forced for a move on a different server!

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

The game has shown significant improvement since the Throne of Oblivion xpac was released, and huge improvements over the bugs at release.   Some bugs remain, tis true, but the game is running fairly smoothly.

As for losing your characters' stuff, if you chose to move to Redemption you keep all equipped items, and if you chose to go to Mourning you keep equip/inventory.  Getting money isn't exceptionally difficult, a mere 5 minutes of farming (with a high level character) and I have repair money for a couple characters, easy.   Go roll an xp group, if you can manage it solo then you can make a nice chunk of change (my scout pays the bills for several of my characters, just by pking groups and looting the cash).  If you need to farm up some cash in a pve mode, 130-200k gold/hr isn't unreasonable, I did this when I reactivated my accounts on the recent winback.

The general attitude of the people on the forums (www.chronicle.ubi.com) is quite helpful to new players, as we all realize that new people are needed to make the game more fun.  If you include in your posts that you're new to the game, people will be more helpful/less critical of your character stat/skill point distribution, and in the political/enlistment forums you can find people to set you up with a guild and get you powerleveled, plus game play help.  (I'll admit that it's not the most newbie friendly game, but most folks are helpful...ask around and you'll get the assistance you need)

The biggest problem right now is the lowish populations...only you can prevent low pops, sign up today!  14 day free trial, also available at the above website.