Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious about the game...

2»

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

I'm not 100% sure about this, but if you don't do the main story (which requires group content such as dungeons and primals) I don't know if you can fight the lvl 50 version of the primals if you never beat the lvl 20 version.

You will also not open up game systems unless you progress in the main story, which also requires grouping.  Based on a new screenshot released by yoshiP, the lvl 49 story quest requires a party of 8.  You wn't be able to join a grand company unless you finish the lvl 20 ifrit quest.  If you don't join a grand company, you can't collect seals, you can't get a chocobo, etc etc.

All in all, you really can't ignore the story in this game like you can in other games.  Yes, you can get to 50, but you'll be locked out of the content for not doing the story.

That's the reason I think people who rush to 50 will have a rude awakening.

• SpcTstCrnchSpcTstCrnch Member Posts: 28
    Is their a Level limit break, like in FFXI, you had to acquire a item for Maat, then you fought him to increase your level cap 5 levels and you had to do this 5 times to get to level 75, and you had to be a certain class or you couldn't level up anymore. also do you lose EXP when you die in FFXIV like in FFXI you lost like 10% of all exp gained if you died which can de-level you. 
  • WKMitchellWKMitchell Member UncommonPosts: 86

As far as I have seen there is no level limit breaks to up your max lvl cap in 1.0 or of what we have seen of ARR.

There is no xp loss on death you are ported back to your home point if not rezzed (can be a very long walk to get back to where you were), and lose 10% item durability (Can get very expensive at max lvl with decent gear if you getting done by the NPC's so it is very good to find player crafters to fix your gear).

• SpcTstCrnchSpcTstCrnch Member Posts: 28
    Okay That was going to be a major selling point for me if they had a Level Limit Break. It was nearly impossible on FFXI, I'm pretty sold on the product now just got to wait for the release.