Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy Fire Shaman Build Excellent for Farming "Revised" 7/23/13

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Holy Fire Shaman Vid/Examples 

Calc Link points allocation

More examples of me using this build in two live streams.

"A Hero Rises" Live Stream"Queens Gambit" Solo+Livestream

7/22/2013

• This is a repost because I can't fix the original posts. Because emo kids got it closed. But whatever, I was asked to do it over again by community members. And forum mods suggested I repost it and be more in depth. "Go Rift team :)" Well a few things happen tothe original build. I found a better use for some points. After using the build for a couple of weeks. Being super successful with it I found over healing. So that just means I got to have more fun in use of points. But I'll get to that later. ================================================== ======================

• The Build

This is the Holy Fire Shaman Build and guide to understanding why I made it. It's 61sham/8Puri/7Justicar which comes with a lot of synergy. At first this was my melee farm build. But a funny thing happen while playing it. As you can see in the solo Queens Gambit run. I made elites look like they were lvl 10 mobs. And it's actually fun to do rather then using my range counterpart.

Now the reason for this build is I dislike druids. And I like even less relying on a pet to heal me. They work fine in dungeons wtc for support. But I just don't like them anywhere else. So that leaves me with shaman. A melee dps powerhouse with little to no defenses. Well until I came up with this.

================================================== ======================

• 61 Shaman

Your taking it all the way here. I won't explain 61 points because it's pretty straight forward. And too many guides already cover it all over the net.

================================================== ======================

• 8 Purifier

I went 8 Purifier to go after a few things. Healing flare is a fast cheap spammable heal. But put that together with, Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Wrath. You have a fast cheap heal that does more for a farming melee. Now not only does it spam heal for cheap. When something hits me they get fire to the mouth. From the nifty Sign of Wrath. And a annoying mini shield i can spam from CB. Very nice melee defensive synergy for only 8 points. Now don't forget Symbol of Torch and Glacial Shield. For a nice total of 3 shields on command you can stack to close of half health.

No it's not OP but the fact it's all quick CD's makes grinding farming more fun. Also something melee have rarely a spammable heal. That for me crits 2100k as I get stronger will just get better. Now another bonus to me which helps offset the lose of power going into the heal tree. You get wisdom of the ages no it doesn't make up for the 15% of a damage tree. But it does soften that lose a bit.

With a little more crit along with the spell power. Also because in most raid builds. You don't get to double dip into wisdom. In this build you do which means as you get stronger. You come really close to raid power in a farm build. I'll keep you posted on if you can actually catch it. For right now I'll certainly gaining on the 61/10/5 every piece of gear upgrade I get. I'm guessing by the time I have relic gear. The difference won't even be worth mentioning.

================================================== =====================

• 7 Justicar

Ok for the reason I went 7 into Justicar. I just wanted the wisdom and Stronghold. Wisdom of course to stack with the wisdom from Purifier. Which makes you end up with 20% wisdom modifier. Which also means as you get better gear with better wisdom as I said earlier. Also stronghold adds endurance for more health. Using 7 points into Justicar also gives you:

• 3.5 damage
  • 7% More Armor
  • 14% More Resistance
  • 10.5% Endurance

All very good for a melee fighter. And since doing this sacrificed dps souls and 15% damage. Getting back 3.5 plus the fact your gear is wisdom scaling. When it wouldn't have in most melee specs. Synergy gotta love it.

It's way more fun everything works together. You can even use Bolt of Radiance as a spam starting to the Shamans range spam. BOR hit harder with a CD and heals for a bit. Found it useful in pvp tonight chasing people when my health was suspect so much lawls. Because guys aren't used to me in melee, too much fun changing it up . Now isn't fun the point of playing a game anyway?

================================================== ====================

• Buffs A Ton

You got A Lot of buffs in this build:

Sign of Wrath= When pulling Multiple mobs self cast your heal watch those numbers fly. Combine it with Glacial Shield for a double damage reflect. Try it in a GHV and watch people be like wtf did you just do lol?

Heart of the Frozen Sea= Resistance Buff

Furious Assault= Shaman AttackSpeed Buff

Caregivers Blessing= Purifer Shield Buff

Glory of the Chosen= Shaman Attack Heal Buff

Courage of the Panther= Shaman Damage Armor Pen Buff

Wisdom of the Ages= 70 Wisdom Buff

Try to earn Flaring Sigil from Planar Attunement asap. Or whatever buff you see fit from PA.

================================================== ====================

• Conclusion

I now use this build a long side my range build. For everything except raiding no reason to have self healing in raiding. Unless you have bad healers...Then that's just another issue. You can take on anything in the world including event bosses. Tank them if you really wanted to or just stuck. Because the damage and healing aggro will make them stay on you. Unless someone taunts it off you.

To wrap it up standard 61 point shaman macro's apply. Don't use any of Puri or Just in them. Unless of course you throw Bolt of Radiance in your range macro. Because it's a stronger opening hit. That heals as well nothing but win there.

Original Forum Post