Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW KICKSTARTER!! 7 Days To Die

oldboy75oldboy75 Member Posts: 5

Not entirely sure if anyone else has posted about this but the kickstarter for this game is up

Trailer-http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mVFc0esJiSQ

Kickstarter-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7daystodie/7-days-to-die-zombie-survival-game

What does everyone think?

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    This game is already out. Its called Minecraft.
  • oldboy75oldboy75 Member Posts: 5
    well it isn't limited by java and already has more devs than minecraft did at the start.. but yea I guess I can see the comparison.

• ChizzlChizzl Member Posts: 8

Kickstart what a scam.... you pay dev costs and their paychecks then at the end they release and reap the profits... while you get a shiny shield +3 not to mention it's probly going to flop and you won't like it.

Yaaaay that was so worth it :)

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Chizzl

Kickstart what a scam.... you pay dev costs and their paychecks then at the end they release and reap the profits... while you get a shiny shield +3 not to mention it's probly going to flop and you won't like it.

Yaaaay that was so worth it :)

Yeah ... I don't spend any money on KS. If the game is made, and if i find out i like it, i will buy it AFTERWARDS. Not before.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Y eah I dont see the appeal of kickstarter either, at least not from our perspective...Has any game that used kickstarter funding even released yet?
  • oldboy75oldboy75 Member Posts: 5
    Star Citizen alpha starts next month.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Y eah I dont see the appeal of kickstarter either, at least not from our perspective...Has any game that used kickstarter funding even released yet?

Close to.

Shadowrun Returns is coming out this week. Personally i am interested in the game and probably will buy an iOS copy.

However, this is a perfect example of NOT paying into KS. If they produce a good game (like in this case), i will buy it. Not before because i don't trust anyone's promise.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I'll start participating in kickstarter projects when they start paying me back with interest after release.  It's only fair.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i voted for it on steam.

i have participated in Kickstarters before, but not for a game. i have to admit that i would rather have a third party, like Steam, doing the vetting. i have no idea what to look for and what to watch out for.

this game does look exciting though.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    They lost me when I saw the name of the company making the game: The Fun Pimps.  Sorry, with a name like that they'll never get my money.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by moguy2
    This game is already out. Its called Minecraft.

Its already out you say?,    So based on that logic.

They should of stopped making cars at the model T because everything else is just a clone of the engine and four wheel design.

NOTHING COULD POSSIBLE BE BETTER THAN MINECRAFT HUH?