Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Ask the Devs a question" thread! (Not suggestions)

Comments

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38

seeing as they dident get round to answering it at the end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMu2yJv0FgU i will ask it hear.

is there any gameplay/mechanics diferences between chapters/craftworlds/clans/warbands of the same faction or is it just a cosmetic diferance?

also just out of curiosity what programing languages are you guys useing on the game?

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by patrickbalthazar
    Originally posted by freakishbean

Can I be a VA for you guys? Please? 

I'll do it for free even.

Veterinary Assistant? not sure we need one :D

pls specify what you are talking about 

Voice actor :D

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77
    In the lastest interview with Miguel he mentioned Group Pre-orders, for me being a leader of a Space Marine Chapter for the game this comes as fantastic news. Will there be any bonuses or special items given to people who buy these packages?

• patrickbalthazarpatrickbalthazar Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by mintyc

seeing as they dident get round to answering it at the end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMu2yJv0FgU i will ask it hear.

is there any gameplay/mechanics diferences between chapters/craftworlds/clans/warbands of the same faction or is it just a cosmetic diferance?

also just out of curiosity what programing languages are you guys useing on the game?

well, hard to say - i mean a space marine will play the same in all chapters if he is using the same weapon :) though an orc will play different than a space marine.

we are using a variety of programming languages, depending on what is done. there is scripting involved and ofc low level programming too. since we have not announced the engine we are using yet, I'd rather not say what exactly. But all common languages used in making games are present ;)

Patrick Balthazar
    Tech Lead - Behaviour Online
    Lead Programmer - Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
    www.EternalCrusade.com - #eternalcrusade - @lordpada

sent you a pm

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by Valrak40k
    In the lastest interview with Miguel he mentioned Group Pre-orders, for me being a leader of a Space Marine Chapter for the game this comes as fantastic news. Will there be any bonuses or special items given to people who buy these packages?

well you can guess that this stuff is not set in stone yet - but when we release all the preorder options you can be sure that each of them will give some sort of reward ;)

Patrick Balthazar

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Valrak40k

well you can guess that this stuff is not set in stone yet - but when we release all the preorder options you can be sure that each of them will give some sort of reward ;)

you looking about some genre o crowd founding ( like games2gheter endlessspace)? not preorder but founder pack etc etc

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

sent you a pm

Sent a response :)

Are you considering a Collectors Edition of the game at launch? I'll eat that up in a heartbeat.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

the game will have some voxel based or voxel-like feature? i've heard something about procedural generated underground for pve. will be also possibile to destroy cover and some part of building?  also the wrecked veicle can be used as cover?

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    Originally posted by grigdusher
    the game will have some voxel based or voxel-like feature? i've heard something about procedural generated underground for pve. will be also possibile to destroy cover and some part of building?  also the wrecked veicle can be used as cover?

Yeah Patrick you guys should check out what EQNext is doing, assuming the videos aren't doctored, and you guys aren't knee deep in production for changes...but that voxel system for "destructability" with the procedural generation like you guys are already hitching onto seems like a nice combo.

Also I seem to remember mention of Tyranid tunnels? So when I saw the EQ next reveal about their tunels and layers I immediately thought of the similarities there, and how you guys may be planning on some procedural generation implementation for Tyranid tunnels...then again pure speculation lol since you guys haven't dropped the massive reveal bombs on us yet.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

1/10 made me reply

inb4 "this game dont have EQN features so I am disappointed"

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

i am back from wacken open air just some hours ago :) and can help patrick with some questions

(will be fully back at 12. august cause im on vacation right now)

Originally posted by mintyc

from the FAQ:

"For the Space Marine faction, a few of the classes you can choose from include Tactical Marines, Devastators, Assault Marines, or Apothecaries (Wolf Priests in the case of the Space Wolves).

Check out their codices if you want to speculate - more details soon!"

so they are planing differentses between chapters (etc.)

sent you a pm

Sent a response :)

Are you considering a Collectors Edition of the game at launch? I'll eat that up in a heartbeat.

miguel said in the interview:

"do you guys want merchandise? yes? then you will get it" (not the right words maybe but the same sense)

so do you want a collectorspack? :P

copie from reddit AMA side:

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

A bit too early to give details ;)

But I am pretty sure everyone can be made happy!

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by krage

Yeah Patrick you guys should check out what EQNext is doing, assuming the videos aren't doctored, and you guys aren't knee deep in production for changes...but that voxel system for "destructability" with the procedural generation like you guys are already hitching onto seems like a nice combo.

Also I seem to remember mention of Tyranid tunnels? So when I saw the EQ next reveal about their tunels and layers I immediately thought of the similarities there, and how you guys may be planning on some procedural generation implementation for Tyranid tunnels...then again pure speculation lol since you guys haven't dropped the massive reveal bombs on us yet.

yes and no - we are not using a voxel engine and we are not planning to make a mine-craft-like game out of EC; that said, there will be plenty of stuff that can be destroyed - believe me, there will be a difference to the battlefield before and after the battle ... lol :)

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by krage

yes and no - we are not using a voxel engine and we are not planning to make a mine-craft-like game out of EC; that said, there will be plenty of stuff that can be destroyed - believe me, there will be a difference to the battlefield before and after the battle ... lol :)

nice i was thinking about daoc/gw2 and the destroyable wall/secondary acces, planetside 2 is all  about "invicible"  building and destroy generator for enter.  

war40k have a lot of emphasis on cover ruined building, bunker, fortress with different protection and weapon for kill who is in under cover.

• wghtopsidewghtopside Member Posts: 36
    How the "player-given quests" system will work? Will there be any "anticheat" on that matter? For example if someone is giving too easy objectives to his friends and they get free "xp" for doing nothing. How would you prevent that?

Originally posted by wghtopside
    How the "player-given quests" system will work? Will there be any "anticheat" on that matter? For example if someone is giving too easy objectives to his friends and they get free "xp" for doing nothing. How would you prevent that?

the objectives will be given by the war council (that are 10 people) can you imagine that they cant say: "hey spacemarine fritz! take that stronghold alone you will get 110 XP for that."

its would be more like:

"our main goal for now is to take this strategic point, but our sec. goal is to hold this point that we already own"

and maybe they will be able to give some more details to it (like how many soldiers they want to go there and there) but not who have to go there

maybe patrick can confirm that

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• wghtopsidewghtopside Member Posts: 36

Thanks, thats actually the mechanic fixing the issue.

There is another question: after a short time after game release, how the war council will be chosen and how the hierarchy can be formed to make social factor actually work? Or will the council be transfered from the beta stages?

Originally posted by Savij

the objectives will be given by the war council (that are 10 people) can you imagine that they cant say: "hey spacemarine fritz! take that stronghold alone you will get 110 XP for that."

its would be more like:

"our main goal for now is to take this strategic point, but our sec. goal is to hold this point that we already own"

and maybe they will be able to give some more details to it (like how many soldiers they want to go there and there) but not who have to go there

maybe patrick can confirm that

haha yes, we won't add a system which will allow free xp - if anything like a per player quest will be there, then expect that the xp will be added by the system and not the creator of that quest ;)

and yes the bigger system for the objectives and stuff will be probably also more automatic than anything, we don't want a complicated system that is hard to understand, thats for sure :)

Patrick Balthazar

Thanks, thats actually the mechanic fixing the issue.

There is another question: after a short time after game release, how the war council will be chosen and how the hierarchy can be formed to make social factor actually work? Or will the council be transfered from the beta stages?

the first council will probably be from beta players yes, after that it will be some sort of achievement combined with elections - making sure there is a limited number of players who can be voted for and to make sure that it's dedicated players who will actually do their job :)

Patrick Balthazar

Customizable weapons? Bolter fitted with a Scope, sound suppressor, hi-cap mag? Stuff of that nature? Custom designs?

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Customizable weapons? Bolter fitted with a Scope, sound suppressor, hi-cap mag? Stuff of that nature? Custom designs?

if anything, then probably according to lore ;)

Patrick Balthazar

maybe let us all hear some epic wh40k speach of you? i would really like to know how good you are ;)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Savij

maybe let us all hear some epic wh40k speach of you? i would really like to know how good you are ;)

Hey Savij,

Are you the same from Dakka Dakka! :-) if yes nice to see you here.

Yes, I support your request.... lets see a sample!

Miguel

Primarch Eternal Crusade and Studio Head Behaviour Online!!

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70

A bit too early to give details ;)

But I am pretty sure everyone can be made happy!

I'll give Patou a hand. By the way dear Fans, check the devs signatures if you want to maximize your interaction with them. Patrick is Eternal Crusade Lead Prog and he is my Behaviour Online Tech lead. Please bug (no pun intended lol) him with tech questions. Business for me and Gameplay for Steven, Brent or David the Creative Director.

Please be patient since not having firewall between dev and fans does take some time away from making your game. Understand as well that by having the philosophy in means we will have different opinion sometimes (but I always win anyway... LOL) and that we will change mind..... Well YOU hope so since we are taking your feedback seriously and not changing mind after asking YOUR feedback would be quite counter-productive!

We are not just giving you informations..... we are inviting you in our though process.... and for those who know me, that is a game by itself!! 

So for Collector Edition (I guess you mean hardcopy) we are planning to have them but ONLY by order since the main distribution of the game will be digital. I am trying to keep the least amount possible of middle man between YOU and YOUR game.

Regards

Miguel Caron

Primarch Eternal Crusade and Studio Head Behaviour Online.

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade