Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Ask the Devs a question" thread! (Not suggestions)

Comments

• DecisiveRaindropDecisiveRaindrop Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by DecisiveRaindrop

Yeah, Hellsreach peaked my interest with the Black Templars and made them #1 chapter in my book, I even voted for them :D But my concern is that both Black Templars and Space Wolves both have a heavy focus on melee combat that it will be a very similar play style. I just wonder how you guys will handle it IF the BT is the winner.

Also, since there is cover mechanics, will the game be like Space Marine where spacemarines and chaos have no cover mechanics and instead utilize their heavy armor? With the squishy orks and eldar must use cover to be able to survive the EMPRAH's wrath in the form of holy bolter fire? It would also go with Space Marine ideology that cover is for the weak.

In both Space Wolf Omnibus books I read, they refer to cover quite a bit.  Utilizing cover is not cowardice, it is good tactics and sense.

My vote would be for the Raven Guard to be added.  I love their play style, hit and run, unconventional warfare and all that.  Not a very popular chapter, I get it, but I think the Ravens would be good synergy with the Space Wolves.  You still have the issue of both chapters preferring melee techniques, but I think the styles differ enough to make it interesting. 

But what is the point of cover if the weapons can puncture power armor?

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

This one is for Steven:

What can you tell us about some of the environments in the game? Anything descriptive you can share? Landmarks? 

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Another question is, how big will individual ships be, and how far will the customization options go? Will it cost additional money  or will most of the items be unlocked like in Space Marine? It will also add some diversity to the FTPers, as well as a thing to strive for, so they just don't all look like a horde of 400 orks with the same patched armor.
    Another thing puzzling me is how you guys will explain the respawn of a character in a lore aspect. But how will you explain when an individual character dies and respawns in just a few moments in the lore aspect?
  • nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342
    Which race do various team members prefer?

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    We need to stretch the Lore there
    The only lore friendly way would be permadeath but who wants to create a new char every time he dies?

Having no1 dieing would be lorebreaking.(get wounded not killed)
    So we should just go the easy way and let all dead respawn

Its the most playerfriendly way!

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Savij
    We need to stretch the Lore there
    The only lore friendly way would be permadeath but who wants to create a new char every time he dies?

Having no1 dieing would be lorebreaking.(get wounded not killed)
    So we should just go the easy way and let all dead respawn

Its the most playerfriendly way!

agreed.

we will all be dieing a fair ammount in this game.

So when will you guys have that election for the 5th chapter? There is a thread somewhere where they had the Black Templars as the chapter with the highest poll, been looking for the answer all over the internet.

the official vote for the 5th chapter will be on the official forum (soon)

Also, since there is cover mechanics, will the game be like Space Marine where spacemarines and chaos have no cover mechanics and instead utilize their heavy armor? With the squishy orks and eldar must use cover to be able to survive the EMPRAH's wrath in the form of holy bolter fire? It would also go with Space Marine ideology that cover is for the weak.

they want to invent a coversystem which works for all factions

and marines do use cover! wasting the resources of the holy emperor is heresy!

for example the iron warriors (yes they are CSM but still marines): they are best at defense, building huge fortresses. are they standing in front this mighty walls cause they armor protects them from everything?

no they use the cover of the fortress to win the siegewar! same goes for spacemarines, if there is cover they will use it. everything else would be heresy

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• patrickbalthazarpatrickbalthazar Member UncommonPosts: 133

So when will you guys have that election for the 5th chapter? There is a thread somewhere where they had the Black Templars as the chapter with the highest poll, been looking for the answer all over the internet.

haha, i would love to give a date for this, but all I can say right now is be patient. We will make sure there will be a vote for this and we will make sure everyone will be asked - that said, best to sign up on our homepage to get the infos for that ;)

Another question is, how big will individual ships be, and how far will the customization options go? Will it cost additional money  or will most of the items be unlocked like in Space Marine? It will also add some diversity to the FTPers, as well as a thing to strive for, so they just don't all look like a horde of 400 orks with the same patched armor.

you can expect to have some unlocks and some stuff to be bought - since customisation is something that won't effect the gameplay or winning/losing chances, it is something where monitization can be applied very easy. About size it's a bit hard to tell at this point - but according to lore is a very good hint ;)

Another thing puzzling me is how you guys will explain the respawn of a character in a lore aspect. But how will you explain when an individual character dies and respawns in just a few moments in the lore aspect?

first of all - not sure yet if you will just respawn 5 sec later and stuff - there might be some cooldowns, there might be cloning facilities or something - this is NOT decided yet. We will try to explain it, but from what i remember there is a few ideas, but nothing set in stone yet.

Patrick Balthazar
    Tech Lead - Behaviour Online
    Lead Programmer - Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
    www.EternalCrusade.com - #eternalcrusade - @lordpada

Originally posted by nAAtimus

we got all races covered in the team - some members are starting new, some have multiple forces.

I myself am going to start a Black Templar battle force ;)

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by patrickbalthazar

we got all races covered in the team - some members are starting new, some have multiple forces.

in EC or TT? :O

i think TT cause black templars are not confirmed ^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

in EC or TT? :O

i think TT cause black templars are not confirmed ^^

yes TT, sorry forgot to mention that :)

Patrick Balthazar

Are you as sad as I am that the BT's got rolled into the new Space Marine Codex?

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Originally posted by freakishbean

Are you as sad as I am that the BT's got rolled into the new Space Marine Codex?

tbh I don't have such kind of feelings about the whole thing - guess it's my technical background and all the logical thinking and stuff :) The choice for the BT was more inspired by their symbols, names and looks than anything else. Also they remind me a lot of middle age templars :) 

Patrick Balthazar

t The choice for the BT was more inspired by their symbols, names and looks than anything else. Also they remind me a lot of middle age templars :) 

i think this is the main aspect for BT fans to be fan of BT ^^

black and cool cross symbols.

well color will be 1 reason why i will see no salamanders ingame for a long time :( they look to much like dark angels T.T

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

But the Templars play so differently then standard matines though. The Black Tide, 20 man crusader squads steamrolling over the table is a sight to behold. They are as angry as the Angry Marines and as Manly as the Manly Marines, and deserve their own 'dex.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

But the Templars play so differently then standard matines though. The Black Tide, 20 man crusader squads steamrolling over the table is a sight to behold. They are as angry as the Angry Marines and as Manly as the Manly Marines, and deserve their own 'dex.

uuh i feel real passion there :P

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

And Savij, the Dark Angels and Salamanders are completely diifferent, even in armor scheme colors. Dark Angels use a very dark green, nearly black color scheme for their armor. Salamanders use lots of brighter green and fiery colors. Also, Dark Angels loooooove their robes.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• quotheravingquotheraving Member UncommonPosts: 280

lol angry marines haven't heard that in a while :)  

Hey aren't the BTs, that  famously psyker and Xenos hating bunch able to form alliances with Eldar as of the 6th Edition, you know that famously psychic bunch of Xenos?

Hmmm breaking their sworn oaths to side with a bunch of pansy spess elfs ... Maybe the BTs are being "infiltrated" by the Pretty Marines and will only "partner up" with pretty effeminate races. 

Originally posted by quotheraving

lol angry marines haven't heard that in a while :)  

Hey aren't the BTs, that  famously psyker and Xenos hating bunch able to form alliances with Eldar as of the 6th Edition, you know that famously psychic bunch of Xenos?

Hmmm breaking their sworn oaths to side with a bunch of pansy spess elfs ... Maybe the BTs are being "infiltrated" by the Pretty Marines and will only "partner up" with pretty effeminate races. 

omg dat pretty marines xD

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• BatpimpBatpimp Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by miguelcaron

****HINTS SPOILERS*****

Dear Crusaders,

I will be attending at PAX Prime see: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/mmorpg.com-the-future-of-online-games

and I am planning a secret stunt to steal the show.... Will you be there? I hope so since for my stunt to work I NEED some fans there. I have decided on an anti-marketing and anti-booth strategy..... ARG style!! ;-) I will not say more but... hummm... lets just say I will be ''hard'' to find!! ;-)

Second for next week reveal.....

Listen up, boyz! We’z da Orks, and next week we’z gonna show you runty humies what we’z made of. Waaagh!!

Miguel Caron

Studio Head Behaviour Online

ill be there COUNT ME IN!

Originally posted by Batpimp
    Originally posted by miguelcaron

****HINTS SPOILERS*****

Dear Crusaders,

I will be attending at PAX Prime see: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/mmorpg.com-the-future-of-online-games

and I am planning a secret stunt to steal the show.... Will you be there? I hope so since for my stunt to work I NEED some fans there. I have decided on an anti-marketing and anti-booth strategy..... ARG style!! ;-) I will not say more but... hummm... lets just say I will be ''hard'' to find!! ;-)

Second for next week reveal.....

Listen up, boyz! We’z da Orks, and next week we’z gonna show you runty humies what we’z made of. Waaagh!!

Miguel Caron

Studio Head Behaviour Online

ill be there COUNT ME IN!

make a video if you can! i want to see it!^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• quotheravingquotheraving Member UncommonPosts: 280
    All joking aside -  interesting choice of chapter there Patrick, I'm guessing that this was a nod to the name of the Black Templar's Citadel Flagship, the battle barge ' Eternal Crusader'  http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eternal_Crusader#.Uh0dbRusiqc  :)>

Quote from miguel on twitter

I really hope you Crusaders have entered your cel phone in the BETA signup. If not, during PAX, you will be sorry you did not!

as i mentioned before i have signed up multiple times at the newsletter on EC homepage

sometimes with my phonenumber, but firsttime i signed up was without number :O

is it still possible to get a call or SMS or whatever miguel is planing?

hope this question isnt to hard patrick ^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

Quote from miguel on twitter

I really hope you Crusaders have entered your cel phone in the BETA signup. If not, during PAX, you will be sorry you did not!

as i mentioned before i have signed up multiple times at the newsletter on EC homepage

sometimes with my phonenumber, but firsttime i signed up was without number :O

is it still possible to get a call or SMS or whatever miguel is planing?

hope this question isnt to hard patrick ^^

can't say :) it's supposed to be a surprise!

Patrick Balthazar