Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no ETA?

ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
So its supposed to be released sometime this year? I can't find a reliable source with an ETA. 

Comments

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    No date set, all they say is "it will be out when its ready"
  • ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Skankster

Thank you boss. Wish we had a date or something haha.

• KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626

its not going to be released this year, apparently they are remaking the combat system from the ground up

not really hyped for this game anyway, it reeks of f2p wowclone

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Kratier

its not going to be released this year, apparently they are remaking the combat system from the ground up

Agree, plus it is from NCSoft.  I don't trust them after GW2 hype n crash.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• FrostveinFrostvein Member UncommonPosts: 157

Why are they revamping the combat system?

• Nightsong89Nightsong89 Member Posts: 48

They aren't revamping the combat system. People just are confused and misunderstood the aiming dev speak video. Originally back when the game was pre-alpha and in the pre-production stages they were messing with a variety of targeting and combat systems, all of which were shown in the video. However, Carbine says in the video that they settled on a mix of certain systems which is what they have now, called the Free Form Targeting.

Also, for anyone saying the game is F2P. That's a lie and never confirmed. Carbine will be officially showing off the game's business model sometime in August, probably around gamescom or PAX.

Anyways, no, there is no ETA on the game other than last half of 2013 with a holiday (October/November/December) release the most likely.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Solveig - Tiro of Terminus
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

GW2 was fine, not my personal type of game, its the same way I feel about EvE, I can see that its a very well made game, even if I dont enjoy it.

(and no im not comparing GW2 saying that its the same type of game as EvE, in scope or quality)

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I really want to try out the game as well.

But let's be honest, how would an ETA change anything. Just enjoy the anticipation, it's part of the game ;-)

The game looks like a quality game, just be happy we have great games coming up.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by jazz.be

I really want to try out the game as well.

But let's be honest, how would an ETA change anything. Just enjoy the anticipation, it's part of the game ;-)

The game looks like a quality game, just be happy we have great games coming up.

I just never really followed wildstar hopped back onto mmorpg.com recently and its still in the "idk man happen when it happen" stage just waiting and watching from the sidelines over here.

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Frostvein

Why are they revamping the combat system?

They aren't as far as I know.  Sounds like BS!

Originally posted by Derros

GW2 was fine, not my personal type of game, its the same way I feel about EvE, I can see that its a very well made game, even if I dont enjoy it.

(and no im not comparing GW2 saying that its the same type of game as EvE, in scope or quality)

GW2 was fine for what it was.  People had unrealistic expectations of end game content.  A B2P game with a cash shop just doesn't have the revenue for that though.  It was never their intent to create an ongoing stream of end game content.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by jimprouner
    Originally posted by Derros

GW2 was fine for what it was.  People had unrealistic expectations of end game content.  A B2P game with a cash shop just doesn't have the funds for that though.  It was never their intent to create end game an ongoing stream of end game content.

Yeah, GW2 hardly crashed.  It is a raging success and shows no signs of slowing down.  Granted they will have some keen competition with EQN.  GW2 is fun in it's own right  and delivered what they said they would.  Granted DEs were over appraised, like unrealistically but it provides what it set out to do and rivals any top MMO out there.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

If you got to 15:38 of the new Comic Con Video they put out a few days one of their Devs let's the cat out the bag so to speak.

He didn't  give a date, but he pretty much let us know that it will be VERY VERY SOON.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Skankster

so you by chance work for Blizzard?

Originally posted by Tinybina

If you got to 15:38 of the new Comic Con Video they put out a few days one of their Devs let's the cat out the bag so to speak.

He didn't  give a date, but he pretty much let us know that it will be VERY VERY SOON.

Blizzard said D3 was going to be out 'soon' and it took like 2 years.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I think they were originally shooting for November but it just doesn't look too good for this year now in my opinion.  We'll see though.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I think they were originally shooting for November but it just doesn't look too good for this year now in my opinion.  We'll see though.

Yea based on what I have seen thus far from various pastry un-truths, so to speak, it looks like the game is right on track for a release this year.  Of course, if no announcements are made by August or early September, then experience tells us not till next year.

The title does have an art style that is very similar to WoW, but the housing, warplots, and combat look interesting so far based on what has been released. 

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    i believe its definitely coming out this year.
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    This game will surprise you, it really will.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Shrilly
    So its supposed to be released sometime this year? I can't find a reliable source with an ETA. 

from Feb 2013

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/06/wildstar-reveals-2013-launch-window-ambitious-plans-to-make-mmo/

As announced in this morning's state of the game letter, we can expect WildStar's closed beta within the next three months and a launch at the end of 2013 if all goes well during the testing process.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_february_state_of_the_game.php

We've always been focused on launching WildStar when it's ready, but we think that time's approaching fast. And so today, I'm very freakin' excited to share with you that our schedules are pointing towards WildStar hitting “It’s Ready” this year: 2013. We meant it when we said that this was going to be The Year of WildStar, and that begins right now.

btw

i found this info by Googling Wildstar 2013

it was the 3rd link

Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Shrilly

from Feb 2013

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/06/wildstar-reveals-2013-launch-window-ambitious-plans-to-make-mmo/

As announced in this morning's state of the game letter, we can expect WildStar's closed beta within the next three months and a launch at the end of 2013 if all goes well during the testing process.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_february_state_of_the_game.php

We've always been focused on launching WildStar when it's ready, but we think that time's approaching fast. And so today, I'm very freakin' excited to share with you that our schedules are pointing towards WildStar hitting “It’s Ready” this year: 2013. We meant it when we said that this was going to be The Year of WildStar, and that begins right now.

btw

i found this info by Googling Wildstar 2013

it was the 3rd link

Problem is they said that in February.

I haven't heard of any setbacks thus far though, so 2013 is still a real possibility. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Problem is they said that in February.

I haven't heard of any setbacks thus far though, so 2013 is still a real possibility. 

true but letting more people in beta is promising

30,000 invites went out this week for stress testing

https://www.facebook.com/WildStarOnline/posts/523358251071287

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

As stated on multiple occasions, since the WildStar dev team is iterative i.e., they will continue to evolve systems and mechanics based on beta feedback.

They are in a true beta test where feedback on systems, mechanics are being tossed back at each team and they are reviewing and making changes. These changes are implemented in 5 week milestones (mentioned by Gaffney in several interviews). Beta tester feedback will significantly influence the release schedule since they will not release the game until it's "great" (another Gaffney quote).

One specific example of this is the path system. In a video where Gaffney had lunch with community members, he mentioned that they realized (in a 'duh' moment) that explorer feedback was telling them that they didn't like being told where to go - that they would rather find things on their own. This is being implemented by the appropriate teams and will need to be tested once changes are made. This is another testing cycle that will have to happen. Imagine this type of feedback and for every system - and it's happening right now.

This is why they won't give a date.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I wasn't aware that Blizzard was working on this game.  

I could have swore devs from Warhammer Online, City of Heros, Blizzard, Anarchy Online, AOC, LOTR and etc where though.

For those interested though in what I was saying watch the video.  You can sorta tell that he let something slip that he didn't want to.  The interviewer even tried to help him cover that up by getting off the subject rather quickly rather quickly and the Dev seemed to clam up rather quickly for a second after that.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

I wasn't aware that Blizzard was working on this game.  

I could have swore devs from Warhammer Online, City of Heros, Blizzard, Anarchy Online, AOC, LOTR and etc where though.

For those interested though in what I was saying watch the video.  You can sorta tell that he let something slip that he didn't want to.  The interviewer even tried to help him cover that up by getting off the subject rather quickly rather quickly and the Dev seemed to clam up rather quickly for a second after that.

The point seemed obvious.  The game developers are always going to try to leave a positive spin on any question you ask.  So, if you ask when the game will be released, then they aren't going to tell "I don't know, probably within this decade."   Instead, they are going to say something like "soon" or "ready when its great".

Anyways, I think like 40%, some huge percentage anyways, of the staff worked for Blizzard. 

So yah...

PS:  You know you can post links right?