Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one?

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987The other reason why I am excited for it is because I at least am pretty sure it will have more going for it then any current mmo out during it's time. No offence to all the other MMOs XD.

Okay the above is your opinion but i would like to know how you came to it. Now, you are obviously talking about the games features so let's here why you think the above. Please don't say the combat or skills system because there are other mmo that let you wear any armour and use any weapon. A prime example is Archeage which also has 120 available classes to each player. You want to be a wizard wearing plate armour, you can. Obviously certain weapons and armour are better suited to certain roles but it's way more flexible than TESO. So now we have the combat skill system out the way, what next. Please don't say the pvp.

in terms of themeparks, i agree with him that ESO is the best thing in development right now.

• GoldenTiger2GoldenTiger2 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

The other reason why I am excited for it is because I at least am pretty sure it will have more going for it then any current mmo out during it's time. No offence to all the other MMOs XD.

Okay the above is your opinion but i would like to know how you came to it. Now, you are obviously talking about the games features so let's here why you think the above. Please don't say the combat or skills system because there are other mmo that let you wear any armour and use any weapon. A prime example is Archeage which also has 120 available classes to each player. You want to be a wizard wearing plate armour, you can. Obviously certain weapons and armour are better suited to certain roles but it's way more flexible than TESO. So now we have the combat skill system out the way, what next. Please don't say the pvp.

Combat & skills system looks good ;). Archeage is a traditional tab-target many-hotkey setup, and will play differently. So, your refutation there is nil. As far as PVP, well, why not say that, as it's by far and away the most important aspect to an MMO for many people and with Cyrodil we will finally have proper RvR once more, rather than silly capture-the-flag buddy-buddy 10-person minigames? And yes, before you bother to flame mindlessly, I have played both.

Originally posted by baphamet

The other reason why I am excited for it is because I at least am pretty sure it will have more going for it then any current mmo out during it's time. No offence to all the other MMOs XD.

in terms of themeparks, i agree with him that ESO is the best thing in development right now.

I think people wanting yet another WOW clone will be sorely disappointed, thankfully.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I don't like anything the OP likes in a MMORPG,i hate pvp, don't care for instances and although i have played past Elder scrolls they never compelled to look forward to the next,just average gaming.

However there is one thing that caught my eye and will have me at least interested a bit,they have one of the brightest guys in the gaming industry under their wing,none other than Dave Carmack,i grew up a huge fan of his work.IDK if he has anything to do with this game or not,i wish he did but i somehow doubt it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

ArcheAge at it's core is a themepark, it's not a sandbox mmo. The game has all the themepark features you would expect from a themepark mmo but it also has some great open ended features.

So where does it leave your above comment, it means that as a themepark mmo TESO is lacking any features that other themepark mmo's have.

It's obviously not the best themepark in development right now.

Originally posted by GoldenTiger2

Combat & skills system looks good ;). Archeage is a traditional tab-target many-hotkey setup, and will play differently.

Your above line just tells me that you haven't played the game because you wouldn't be saying "it will play differently" you would of said "it plays differently" which is obvious because they are two different systems.

As far as PVP, well, why not say that, as it's by far and away the most important aspect to an MMO for many people and with Cyrodil we will finally have proper RvR once more, rather than silly capture-the-flag buddy-buddy 10-person minigames? just as robust PVP system, 

And other mmo's have just as robust PVP systems, three faction PVP but it also has player made factions, sieges, castles, forts, fully craftable siege weapons, player bounty system, pirate faction with a whole outlaw island, caravan routes, faction trade routes.

And all in what is a themepark mmo at it's core.

And yes, before you bother to flame mindlessly, I have played both. And yet from your above comments you know hardly anything about how the game plays, i bet you didn't even know the game has CD LOL.

ArcheAge combat is actually pretty robust and exciting, why you ask, well it has Collision Detection. So unlike TESO spells do not go through objects, you have to position yourself especially for PVP.

TESO has a soft targeting system so it has semi traditional tab targeting but no CD personally i prefer ArcheAge with the CD. 

Okay, ArcheAge is not an action game, as a matter of fact, it's all about customizable combos and strategies. Your abilities (active skills and passive powers) are determined by the talents you choose. There are a dozen of talents and you can pick up three at level 10. Each ability, regardless of which talent tree it belongs, can form a combo with numbers of other abilities, and you can choose accordingly what abilities you want to learn in order to make up an ideal combo.

There are hundreds of possible combinations compared to TESO.

ArcheAge’s combat system is based on the DPS system and adjusts the actual distance and position of the target. Separated actions enable characters to move and attack freely. Common combat systems only provide 2-3 attack modes, but ArcheAge integrates a wide variety of attack modes, which present vivid action effects in combat. That is to say, the combat system based on DPS elements can make combat more stirring and exciting.

Really, it is as you said, it is my opinion. 

Yeah we have established it's your opinion but making claims like above warrants an explanation on how you come to that conclusion, surly.

Let's be honest, you can't answer it because you will be countered.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

I am pretty excited and cautiously optimistic. The game is most likely going to be great I think most people are just pissed off by the faction lock because it limits the freedom people expect from an Elder Scrolls game. Though people should not complain too much right from the beginning you have access to a game as big as Skyrim and then soon as you hit, what is it level 15? You gain access to Cyrodiil thus giving you a game larger then both Oblivion and Skyrim fairly early into the game. Then once you beat the main quest line for your faction you may begin one of the other two.

@SavageHorizon

Damn I hope you are putting that rig of yours to good use, have you made those Titans sweat yet?

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Yeah we have established it's your opinion but making claims like above warrants an explanation on how you come to that conclusion, surly.

It's so pathetically childish that you can't let people enjoy the excitement of a game they are looking forward to because you are more looking forward to another game. Sometimes a great game is more than the sum of its parts and can't be explained by dissecting every feature. I'm looking forward to trying archage, but I haven't tried it yet so ill reserve judgement.

There Is Always Hope!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Originally posted by azzamasin

Originally posted by DocBrody everyone will buy it anyway
    Pretty much.  Even I plan on buying nad playing, but how long will it keep me is the big question, as of right now I will go into this the same way as I did going into SWTOR, a game to be played till I hit the level cap and fin all the exploration/questing content.

it will take a while to go through all the content from the sounds of it, unless you are a power gamer.

if that is the case then i would say no themepark mmo is going to be for you in terms of longevity.

but if they follow through with the claims they have made so far, there will be a lot of content at least.

6 hours a day is normally considered a power gamer but I also read all texts, wonder around for the pure joy of it and take my time doing things.  1 true power gamer will do in 1 hour what it takes me to do in 6 or 7.  Hopefully the game's progression system and 50+ & 50++ zones take me a few months or longer.

So yea I hope it takes me a while, my most personal favorite part of any MMO is the leveling portion so the longer it takes the merrier.  I also for whatever reason abhore playing alts so to me the leveling progression is normally a 1 time deal.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by UchihaJoel
    Im glad there are a few of us not hating on the game... people now a days take things too serious. So many long posts just complaining. It's going to be fun and no doubt the haters and lovers alike will buy it 100%

I am not hating the game, I just think it will be a huge disappointment.

But I'd like to be proved wrong.

ESO should feel like a virtual world, but by admission of the Producer himself,  it will play more like a Multiplayer game.

I am not sure this is the right direction for an IP which in all its Single Player version feels like a Virtual World more than a game.

I think Zenimax totally missed the point of TES popularity.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Dear SavageHorizon,

This is a thread about Elder Scrolls Online.  The Archeage forums are thataway ~~~~~>

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Actually it's simply a matter of that I don't need to explain my opinion to you. I am not a 2 year old, I am able to choose what i like and do not like. I am able to state my own opinions and very well know it is my own opinion. 

My IQ is 130+, while not the best, it is certainly not low. I very well do understand the concept of an opinion. Do you? I surely hope so, and if you do, then this discussion is clearly over.

Go do a mensa test to see your actual IQ (you can find one of them on their official website) because if we were to be bragging my IQ half brain dead from sleep sits at 145 according to one test but that don't make sense, does it?

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Im glad there are a few of us not hating on the game... people now a days take things too serious. So many long posts just complaining. It's going to be fun and no doubt the haters and lovers alike will buy it 100%

I am not hating the game, I just think it will be a huge disappointment.

But I'd like to be proved wrong.

ESO should feel like a virtual world, but by admission of the Producer himself,  it will play more like a Multiplayer game.

I am not sure this is the right direction for an IP which in all its Single Player version feels like a Virtual World more than a game.

I think Zenimax totally missed the point of TES popularity.

Agreed.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265

I don't hate it by any means. But FFXIV has my attention much more. Which is really weird because I'm usually a PvP player.

Buuuut times they are a changin' =P

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I am looking forward to ESO. As I am EQN and ArcheAge.
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Actually it's simply a matter of that I don't need to explain my opinion to you. I am not a 2 year old, I am able to choose what i like and do not like. I am able to state my own opinions and very well know it is my own opinion. 

My IQ is 130+, while not the best, it is certainly not low. I very well do understand the concept of an opinion. Do you? I surely hope so, and if you do, then this discussion is clearly over.

Go do a mensa test to see your actual IQ (you can find one of them on their official website) because if we were to be bragging my IQ half brain dead from sleep sits at 145 according to one test but that don't make sense, does it?

Not sure what you are talking about. http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/question455.htm

Maybe the test you took is inaccurate, that is all I can say, or maybe you just are really smart, if you think it's wrong though, who am I to question you.

I have taken IQ tests in many places, which is why I said 130+, because my IQ is around that general area. I think absolute lowest I ever had gotten was 128. Highest was 137.

Average IQ is 100. People with an IQ of 130+ make up about 2% of the population on earth last I heard the statistics. or maybe it was 140+. You can look it up, it's information you can get really easily.

Edit: Almost forgot, IQ for children is different and is based on age.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Not sure what you are talking about. http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/question455.htm

Maybe the test you took is inaccurate, that is all I can say, or maybe you just are really smart, if you think it's wrong though, who am I to question you.

I have taken IQ tests in many places, which is why I said 130+, because my IQ is around that general area. I think absolute lowest I ever had gotten was 128. Highest was 137.

Average IQ is 100. People with an IQ of 130+ make up about 2% of the population on earth last I heard the statistics. or maybe it was 140+. You can look it up, it's information you can get really easily.

Trust me when I say http://www.mensa.org/workout will give a far more realistic number XD ( most IQ tests I took back in the day were 122 lowest and highest was 144) because that pseudo-test has only one bias (english) whereas many others have 2-3 biases (for example the one that gave me 144 has a bias for english speakers and people with 3 dimensional thinking and math inclinations, be that I am active in the field of physics you can figure I'd be quite adept at it :P you need an IQ test which doesn't bias itself to get a more accurate gauge).

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Depends how long you've been lurking here but my feeling is ESO is the new SWTOR on here.

Some people have already made their minds up, or the game isn't being designed the way they think is, 'true', to the ip, and they won't move from that opinion..

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Trust me when I say http://www.mensa.org/workout will give a far more realistic number XD ( most IQ tests I took back in the day were 122 lowest and highest was 144) because that pseudo-test has only one bias (english) whereas many others have 2-3 biases (for example the one that gave me 144 has a bias for english speakers and people with 3 dimensional thinking and math inclinations, be that I am active in the field of physics you can figure I'd be quite adept at it :P you need an IQ test which doesn't bias itself to get a more accurate gauge).

I have taken a non bias test since one of the ones I took was done using only pictures XD. As I have said, I have taken many tests, and I really do not think it's going to matter with the point I was trying to make.

On top of that, the site you linked only has a practice test on their site which is biased in the same way any test is and doesn't even give a score based on the IQ standard. I also am not going to go through the trouble of setting up a test date with them. To much of a pain in the butt lol XD.

With that said, less biased tests I get higher scores on, so if it's less biased as you said, it only will make my IQ score higher. However, I like to test myself with a similar test to everyone else takes. I don't like to be given an advantage just so I can do better than others even if that advantage happens to be a less biased test. This is why I never just choose an exact IQ and just say 130+.

• UchihaJoelUchihaJoel Member Posts: 6
    When did this thread become the who's got the highest iq thread??
    When did this thread become the who's got the highest iq thread??

lol when I simply made a statement about IQ to prove a point that I understand what an opinion was.  After that, someone decided to start discussing about it for what ever reason.

Edit: Also, I don't think it's about woh has the highest IQ, it's more along the lines of what is the best IQ test to take ROFL XD

Originally posted by GoldenTiger2

Combat & skills system looks good ;). Archeage is a traditional tab-target many-hotkey setup, and will play differently.

Your above line just tells me that you haven't played the game because you wouldn't be saying "it will play differently" you would of said "it plays differently" which is obvious because they are two different systems.

As far as PVP, well, why not say that, as it's by far and away the most important aspect to an MMO for many people and with Cyrodil we will finally have proper RvR once more, rather than silly capture-the-flag buddy-buddy 10-person minigames? just as robust PVP system, 

And other mmo's have just as robust PVP systems, three faction PVP but it also has player made factions, sieges, castles, forts, fully craftable siege weapons, player bounty system, pirate faction with a whole outlaw island, caravan routes, faction trade routes.

And all in what is a themepark mmo at it's core.

And yes, before you bother to flame mindlessly, I have played both. And yet from your above comments you know hardly anything about how the game plays, i bet you didn't even know the game has CD LOL.

ArcheAge combat is actually pretty robust and exciting, why you ask, well it has Collision Detection. So unlike TESO spells do not go through objects, you have to position yourself especially for PVP.

TESO has a soft targeting system so it has semi traditional tab targeting but no CD personally i prefer ArcheAge with the CD. 

Okay, ArcheAge is not an action game, as a matter of fact, it's all about customizable combos and strategies. Your abilities (active skills and passive powers) are determined by the talents you choose. There are a dozen of talents and you can pick up three at level 10. Each ability, regardless of which talent tree it belongs, can form a combo with numbers of other abilities, and you can choose accordingly what abilities you want to learn in order to make up an ideal combo.

There are hundreds of possible combinations compared to TESO.

ArcheAge’s combat system is based on the DPS system and adjusts the actual distance and position of the target. Separated actions enable characters to move and attack freely. Common combat systems only provide 2-3 attack modes, but ArcheAge integrates a wide variety of attack modes, which present vivid action effects in combat. That is to say, the combat system based on DPS elements can make combat more stirring and exciting.

You're illustrating complete ignorance of what you're trying to discuss, here. CD was in WAR too, and many other MMORPG titles, it's nothing new or amazing, in fact it is a detriment in many cases. I can't directly refute you unfortunately as I have played both games and one is under an NDA, but you basically are making much ado about traditional speccing systems and combat. I'm not sure if you're just a shill or truly that ignorant and a blind fan, but hop off whatever it is. I also truly cannot help but boggle at you trying to play semantics with minor phrasing differences and try to interpret it in a bizarre way to somehow "prove" your "point" (and I quote "point" because you don't really have one).

• sugarbear78664sugarbear78664 Member Posts: 36
    I am tired of being in love with a game before its release. The endless list of mmo's that coulda been, shoulda been, but but failed. Now I just sit back, wait and see what unfolds.
    Originally posted by sugarbear78664
    I am tired of being in love with a game before its release. The endless list of mmo's that coulda been, shoulda been, but but failed. Now I just sit back, wait and see what unfolds.

Same here, except when I get to test and see a game extensively. The last game I felt had real potential was Rift, which was a good raiding game for awhile, and before that WAR (which had a lot of potential but ended up being rushed out the door by EA and ended up having the development pace and bug fixing pace of a snail climbing uphill in 105-degree heat) but that never ended up getting fixed much and hemorrhaged players. Before that, well... Dark Age of Camelot, and that one rocked! I enjoyed all three of the listed games and got my money's worth from them, though. Others like SWTOR, not so much... and TSW I unfortunately bought a lifetime sub for shortly before they made it "buy to play" instead of subscription-based, and it ended up losing all of its playerbase pretty much anyway and that resulted in layoffs causing massive development and addition delays, leaving the game in the lurch in addition to me rather peeved.