Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons OTHER than social for playing MMORPGs

124»

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I play games for one reason only; a good story.

Tell me a good story and I'm there.

So far, only SWTOR has managed to tell a story that's above fan-fic in the MMO genre.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Bjelar

To me, MMOs compete with the telly.

I don't consider watching TV as being "social" and I don't consider playing computer games as being "social".

Do you chat with the guys on screen when watching TV? If yes, you should stop, they can't hear you... unlike other players in a MMORPG.

uh? His point is that TV is not social, and he does not play MMOs to social.

Some were questioning why i play MMOs.

Bump so i don't have to type all of these again.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I am not the most social person but I play because of the  social aspects.  If I want to play alone I play game where I'm alone... a single player game.  
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Fun...  In any game I come to have fun.  That word means different things for different people.  For me, that is exploring an online world and trading on Auction Houses (I really like doing that for some reason).

But part of my fun is meeting people too.  So the social side is important too.

Originally posted by Vermillion_Raventhal
    I am not the most social person but I play because of the  social aspects.  If I want to play alone I play game where I'm alone... a single player game.  

That is a limiting view.

For example, i like Star Trek RPG, and i want to play solo. Why should i rule out playing STO just because it is a MMO?

I should (and i do) just go ahead and play it as a solo game. There is no better SP Star Trek RPG.

This discussion has been closed.