Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to WoW

AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

Hey!

So as the title states, I'm looking to return to the game with an emphasis on pvp.  I haven't pvp'd n wow since around. 2006ish.  

I have  a Mage and a priest as my highest level characters and I'm looking to relearn pvp online of these toons. 

Does it matter if the characters are on a pvp or pve server?  

I remember before leveling in bgs. Is this still doable? I ran a few WsG last night on the 80 Mage and it was fun but I wonder if getting to max level beforehand is a better idea?   

Many thanks!

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

Comments

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Everyone returns to WOW. Like you im getting a tad bored right now and once more may find myself going back.

Ive not really been a fan since WOTLK but my best time was TBC.

What is it that draws people back to this game. Its like a drug.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by DonY81

Everyone returns to WOW. Like you im getting a tad bored right now and once more may find myself going back.

Read my post "Help! Im trapped!"

Only difference is I just started playing for the first time.

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x
    Originally posted by DonY81

Read my post "Help! Im trapped!"

Only difference is I just started playing for the first time.

Well im glad you are enjoying it. Despite what many say it is was and remains still the best MMO experience yet and I think it will remain like that for some time despite it being almost 10 years old. It pull you in nicely and makes you engage with your character unlike many other MMOs. It is in decline but it will be around for hell of a long time yet.

Ill prob sub back soon for a bit. Just love the journey.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

I completely agree!!

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I would recommend leveling via quests and dungeons to get to 90 as opposed to trying to level via BG's.   

Once you hit 90, convert your justice points (from dungeons) to honor and get your PVP gear.  

If you don't have enough honor to complete your PVP set, you can buy decent crafted PVP gear on the AH.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Originally posted by Avoxia I remember before leveling in bgs. Is this still doable? I ran a few WsG last night on the 80 Mage and it was fun but I wonder if getting to max level beforehand is a better idea?  

BG leveling was nerfed to the ground and then buried.

It's not a viable way to level anymore.

Fastest is via dungeon quests (award the most XP). So quest to open a new dungeon. Do it's dungeon quests. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    I agree with the leveling via quests and dungeons.  I think on average I'm running between 6 and 7 dungeons per level.  Best part is the queue is forgivably short in comparison to what it used to be thanks to Blizz's new virtual realm system.  Even leveling up the zones seemed decently populated.  I just came back as well and started fresh on a pvp server.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Everybody returns to WoW...for a week...and then get bored again...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Its bizzare that the questing experience in wow and the story telling was what made the game, yet it only covers the first couple months of your wow gaming experience then its years of instances and yet people do instances to rush past the questing, to get to instances.  Crazy.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Ravenmane
    I agree with the leveling via quests and dungeons.  I think on average I'm running between 6 and 7 dungeons per level.  Best part is the queue is forgivably short in comparison to what it used to be thanks to Blizz's new virtual realm system.  Even leveling up the zones seemed decently populated.  I just came back as well and started fresh on a pvp server.

where you playing?

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Wow pvp is still great. The pve is still far superior to any other mmorpg even though they made easy modes. Wow has become a great mmorpg for casuals and hardcores alike, it does get alot of flak especially on this website from people who do absolutely nothing but sit at a computer all day and play stupid video games. Dont buy into thier negative hype, World of Warcraft is still the best mmorpg by far.