Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transitioning from B3 to Open Beta / PS3 - PC question

tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

I got a beta code for both PC and PS3

Installed both clients and linked PS3 to my SE account

My GF wants to play on PS at launch so we took turns playing throughout beta weekends. We both used MY account.

When Open Beta comes along, will I be able to link her account on the same PS3?

Will it be as easy as deleting the current client and reinstalling the Opne Beta, or am I SOL?

Comments

• SirDerpSirDerp Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I believe I read somewhere that you only have the ability to link one account to each PS3. Which makes sense, it's not like you would both be able to play at the same time, so share an account. Otherwise, if you have two PS3s and would like to be in the beta on both (on separate accounts), you will need another code.
  • tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

No, let me clarify.

Upon Open beta: I will play with my account on PC while she will want to play with her account on PS3.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

Since there is a launcher for the game on PS3 I don't think this will be a problem. You enter your account name and password after the game launches. If you had to enter it before the game launched I could see there being problems.

I could be wrong, give it a try when open beta starts before buying.

• KentaroKentaro Member UncommonPosts: 53

If it's open beta you could create/register a new PC account.

Your GF can then still use your old PS3 account.

BTW they told us to uninstalll the current P3 client as P4 should d/l new one.

Also they mention the below regarding accounts:

Linking Square Enix Accounts to Sony Entertainment Network Accounts

Square Enix accounts linked to Sony Entertainment Network accounts during beta test phase 3 will be unlinked at the end of testing.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

There was an FAQ about this on S/E's support page:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=67225

One S/E account can hold multiple PC and PS3 service accounts (up to 8). PC accounts can be online simultaneously, but not with PS3 accounts.

If you want to have a PS3 service account, you need to tie them individually to S/E accounts, because they can't be online at the same time as PC accounts (something to do with PSN).

I don't think your screwed - creating a S/E account is free, and the only thing that gets lost will be the P3 Beta service access, which is useless in Open Beta and beyond anyway. You haven't linked any physical game keys yet (the one you will need to pay for in order to have the final version of the game).

When Open Beta starts, one of you creates a new S/E account and adds a new FFXIV Service account. When you buy your copies of the game, you link one ID to each account. I don't think it will matter which account gets the PS3 or PC registration code, once you have the service code, you can log into either one with your service account if I recall correctly.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Why not just have your girl make her own PS3 account
  • tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

Hopefully this will clear things up.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PlayStation®3* Updated 07/11/2013 8:00 (GMT)

Multiple copies of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PlayStation 3 may be registered to a Sony Entertainment Network account. Please note that only one Sony Entertainment Network account can be linked to a Square Enix account, which allows up to eight service accounts.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=d550623a6160d58af74cc8d8d97f335bd8e176d9

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Thanks for all the replies. She does have an SE account, but we only have a single PS3.

Since the account is unlinked now anyway, it's a non-issue.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    You can have multiple PSN accounts on one PS3.
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

I don't think it will matter which account gets the PS3 or PC registration code, once you have the service code, you can log into either one with your service account if I recall correctly.

The very last sentence isn't quite correct. While you use the same account on either plattform, you still need a copy of the game (as in: a retail key) for both of them. 

OP's scenarios:

He plays on PC, his GF on PS3, neither switches platform: needs 1x PC copy and 1x PS3 copy

He plays on both PC and PS3 with the same account, GF plays on PS3 with her own account: needs 1x PC copy and 2x PS3 copies

Both of them play on both plattforms, each with their own accounts: needs 2x PC copies and 2x PS3 copies