Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "truth" behind the Dark Angels.

tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Lionel Johnson and his poem "The Dark Angel"

That is all.

Or not really but it is the theory i have heard from the guy who was brand manager in the Nordic region some years back. I think it is a very nice example of that inspiration does not need to be directly linked to the source.

Anyway, looking forward to take my old favourite army from the TT (back in the days of can not retreat / can not fall back days) to the field and kill xeno in the gloomy name of the emperor.

(ok i know this is mostly inane but it is a fun little tidbit people not in to the TT night be unaware of.)

This have been a good conversation

Comments

• OniFeeZOniFeeZ Member Posts: 48

I don't know what you're talking about. But it would be interesting if each Chapter has some sort of reason to be there outside of Imperial loyalties and duties.

The Dark Angels could be simple; they are following rumours that there is a Fallen on the planet.

The Blood Angels could be following a lead that may lead to better control against the Red Thirst, or perhaps they believe that Ka'Bantha (or whatever) is rumoured to break his chains in the region.

The Ultramarines could be feeling increased pressure from the Inquisition to prove themselves as loyal space marines after [SPOILERS]the accusations of Heresy on Captain Titus and his subsequent arrest.[/SPOILERS]

The Space Wolves are here for sport against the Dark Angels and to crush one more attempt of Chaos.

• thegreatestagainthegreatestagain Member Posts: 35
    the link is confirmed by GW and their primarch is named lion el'jonson or something, but that poem makes my brain hurt
  • Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77
    1003288_585604781471445_1331816118_n.jpg