Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timing of Archeage NA its worst enemy?

124»

Comments

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Trion is in a pretty terrible state right now which is why I think it's taking so long. XLGames made the choice of Trion to be the NA publisher before shit hit the fan and Trion started slipping down a slippery slope into mismanagement hell. I don't really have a great feeling for the future of Trion or for ArcheAge. Not when Trion can't even fix problems that Defiance has had since it first launched. For goodness sakes, they had a patch to fix the UI and chat in Defiance and the patch actually managed to make it worse (something I didn't even think was possible)!

So yeah, I'm not really holding my breath when it comes to ArcheAge being released anytime soon (if ever with the way Trion is going lately they may go under before ArcheAge has a chance to be released in the NA).

I would agree with this, sadly. I think there is a fair chance we *never* see ArcheAge, at least not from Trion. Trion is not doing well, their early promise has slipped away, and with Defiance (at least the game) being a flop, it lost a lot of mojo.

I suspect Trion's problems may well end up buring ArcheAge. 

Now that said, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. It could be anything, but if ArcheAge is not doing well in Korea, that means even less capital to invest in a NA launch. That is another problem to add onto the heap. Trion is running out of money as well, so we *could* be seeing a stall in development hinged on capital issues.