Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not on Desura or Steam

daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

I don't install games without a easy to sort system like steam or desura.  I'll try it once it gets on one of them.  I'm surprised any MMO lives when it's not on steam.  I rarely visit these forums anymore, I visit the steam forums of the game's I'm interested in.

When you've literally got hundreds of games installed on your computer you've got to have an easy to sort list ^^

Comments

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Go to Steam > Games > Add a non-Steam game to my library.

Boom. Simple as that.

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by daveospice

I don't install games without a easy to sort system like steam or desura.  I'll try it once it gets on one of them.  I'm surprised any MMO lives when it's not on steam.  I rarely visit these forums anymore, I visit the steam forums of the game's I'm interested in.

When you've literally got hundreds of games installed on your computer you've got to have an easy to sort list ^^

I'm a forumwarrior and I have to say I never visit the steam game forums. I don't even know why someone would unless its a valve made game.

I use the forums of the game or a gaming site like this. That gives the 2 sides of the coin. Not sure why anyone would really use steam, from what I've found is they are not all that popular.

Also, I know many people that are happy to not to use steam to install/download/load etc the games because of issues they have. I've not had them but I can understand them. So if you like steam that much, you should already know what the user above posted. Many games are not on steam and likely never will be.

Another thing to note, wth do you have 100s of games on your computer for? I keep at max 10 games, and I would say 10 is pushing it.

-MrDDT

• daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

I go through gaming cravings and I never know what each week will bring ^^

I'm going to go ahead and give this game a try, even though it annoys me i have to visit their web site and download it lol

• daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

I was extremely annoyed by wurm online.  I wanted to love it, but all I found was work.  It wasn't a game to me it was a chore of constantly managing your animals, your farms, your decay...  Hopefully this game is better.

It couldn't be any worst than Salem, ugh.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

I was extremely annoyed by wurm online.  I wanted to love it, but all I found was work.  It wasn't a game to me it was a chore of constantly managing your animals, your farms, your decay...  Hopefully this game is better.

It couldn't be any worst than Salem, ugh.

Seems like you have managing problems all around.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Personally i find  that simpler way sort your folders A > Z 

Let me give you a free piece of computer advice

The install directory of any game doesn't have to be what it thinks it needs to be you can change it..

So you could have games A > Z  not just the folders by game companies why use steam (or any other crap online site)

For me its easy

C:GamesGame A

C:GamesGame B

So if i fancy playing Aardvark advetnures on line, it is not surprising to find that this game is in the A folder

you getting the point yet? Why ovecomplicate things, and why install an additional client on the pc that you dont need too

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80

Steam is not the end all be all for gamers. After all, you posted HERE.

Xyson IS a niche game, so the normal drive-by's won't be interested in it; go back to the games that tell you what to do. Try to enjoy the constant cash shop offers and the endgame raid content. Don't forget the trading card games.