Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion hires New Board Executive - Will AA go F2P ?

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/11/activision-veteran-robin-kaminsky-joins-trion-worlds-board-exclusive/

Former Activision Executive Robin Kaminsky has joined Trion's executive board to give Trion more expertise as it makes the transition to more free-to-play massively multiplayer online games.

“I love their approach to the market,” Kaminsky said. “They are very much at the cutting edge as an online team. They have put a real emphasis on free-to-play. I believe the future is in online free-to-play games, and so I am excited to be involved with them.”

So I guess with this hiring, it sure looks like ArcheAge is going be F2P doesn't it ?

What do you all think ?

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Not a surprise, when it went F2P in Korea i knew Trion was gonna make it F2P here as well. 
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I honestly always thought it was going to be F2P.  So, this is news to me :-)

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by velmax
    Not a surprise, when it went F2P in Korea i knew Trion was gonna make it F2P here as well. 

It's not really F2P in Korea though.

You can't own land if you don't pay, and why would you play a sandbox without being able to own land?

I think the F2P aspect will mainly serve as "trial mode", and also to attract buddies and girlfriends to build community.

• JoxarJoxar Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by dandurin
    Originally posted by velmax

It's not really F2P in Korea though.

You can't own land if you don't pay, and why would you play a sandbox without being able to own land?

I think the F2P aspect will mainly serve as "trial mode", and also to attract buddies and girlfriends to build community.

Agreed^ I  also think that F2p for the trial days.
  • GoozinGoozin Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I don't care as long as its like the f2p model in Korea. 

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life"

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    I highly doubt that f2p model is going to fly in NA.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    I always knew that all future Trion titles following Rift would be either F2P or B2P.  They announced this ages ago.  This is not news as it's basically been a given.

Steam: Neph

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    No news at all ^^
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Goozin
    I don't care as long as its like the f2p model in Korea. 

Move to Korea then :3.

• GoozinGoozin Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I am currently station in South Korea! So I am playing the Korean version but I don't know korean! Rather it be in englsih :P

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life"