Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Okay MMO Dev's.. take this idea and make a billion $ ;-) Hehe

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Okay. I feel it's way past the point where we as mmo gamers are due an actual clever and unique mmorpg.

So here is my idea. You tell me, stupid as hell? Brilliant? - Or maybe just plain crazy!

Hmm, {ponders a moment for a name}...

How about, for now anyhow we call it "Ant-Tastic!" or maybe "Little Warriors" I dunno.

Anyhow my idea for an mmo is all about those little guys we collect as kids and put in those ant farms and watch them dig their tunnels and caverns.

So you get to make a little ant. He will be your avatar. We could just have basic ants, but since this is an mmo, I definitely think we should add some magic spells, maybe maybe magic shield protections and for certain we need some buff ups to make these ants special and extraordinary.

This is definitely gotta be an open sandbox world. Maybe as big as a real world neighborhood or small city. Plenty of places for you as an ant to get into wars with other insects (PvE) and other ants as well (PvP). There will be mobs that will never be conquered such as roaming dogs and people. When such danger is close, lets have the very world we walk on start to tremble. The more violent the tremble and world shaking, the closer and/or more dangerous the unbeatable boss. You better find cover quickly when you see the shaking start. A rock. A stick, but even better if you've joined a guild of other common-interest ants and have a tunnel nearby.

You'll of course be able to dig and dig tunnels anywhere you like. You'll have to haul those rocks and sand grains out however of the tunnel system, much like a real life ant might have to do. Food can be foraged in tons of other insects and small creatures outside, but you better get some help if you are taking on a wolf spider that is 10 times your size or a centipede for example.

You also better get some help you plan to invade another guilds tunnel system. Unless of course they have foolishly all left their home and out fighting or foraging for goodies!

Lets even add the ability to score big if you climb trees and find a wasp or bees nest as a guild attack. Can you work as a team and conquer a bees hive for all the rewards that those honey combs will provide?

So many mmos today cater to the single player concept that I think a game like this where team coordination required for long time survival would be a perfect shake up. Need levels of your ant and the needs of the young larvae back home could be seen on the screen as indicators for hunger, colony hunger, larvae hunger etc. It's not enough just to get food for yourself, but helping to provide food and protect your colony from enemies as a tribe or guild would be ever important.

Not only this, but think how damn cool it might be to be able to put armor on ants! Be able to design their faces and eyes with many choices at the character creation screen and of course give your new little warrior a cool catchy name!

If done in 3D graphics and well thought out, well balanced magic and fighting systems and a big 3D sandbox world to live in, I think an ant mmo might just be a hit!

Am I crazy? Or maybe you have a good addition to my idea! Please post and let's see how far we can take this idea of mine, and more interesting, what this start of an idea might turn into at the end, lol.

..Should be interesting!

(Let's stay on topic here please, not turn this into another PvP vs PvE thread or something)

- Zaxx

Comments

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Ok, I'll play.  You could even have different divisions of ants like Army Ants, Red Ants, Fire Ants, and so on, and each of them can have different abilities that they can use against their environment.