Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 Stories?

Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Does each starting area have a different story? If so will we be able to play all of them on 1 character? Kinda ruins the point of being able to do everything on one character....regardless still love the game

thanks in advance

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Tgiordano92

Does each starting area have a different story? If so will we be able to play all of them on 1 character? Kinda ruins the point of being able to do everything on one character....regardless still love the game

thanks in advance

What you can't do is the main story arc in each city, you have to pick one, they are very similar in their climax (you fight a bad guy) so I imagine that it is a 'what if you were in this city as the hero, then the bad guy would do these terrible things to THAT city, as he seems to be your fated encounter' kinda thing.

If that made any sense at all.

What I mean is, you don't miss out on anything by not seeing the other two story arcs, well maybe some things, but essentially it wouldn't make sense, it would be like replaying an introduction to a character. 

There are still a lot of quests that tell you all about the city-state's and give you the main story of the game.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    The main story for all cities merge when you get the airship pass since after that everyone has to do the same dungeons.
  • Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    That makes me feel a little better, thanks a lot! guess it wouldn't make sense it all....but sucks you get to miss out on some things, like characters and such
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Tgiordano92
    That makes me feel a little better, thanks a lot! guess it wouldn't make sense it all....but sucks you get to miss out on some things, like characters and such

I think you meet all the characters eventually like the ones with that head device that lets them see things, because they are part of their own organization and was sent to investigate to each city.  And you meet the leaders of each city too since they were all their during the calamity and know each other.

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Awesome! Thanks both of you
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    The stoned looking guy you meet in the beginning is present for all three! haha I love that guy, I just want to buy him some Taco Bell at 3am.

• Maik36Maik36 Member CommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    The stoned looking guy you meet in the beginning is present for all three! haha I love that guy, I just want to buy him some Taco Bell at 3am.

lol it's funny that you think he's stoned. I was thinking about it and he really does like he is. I hope he's someone important later. I know that brother and sister are.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

It starts off like this,

Each city determines your starting tale, for whatever reason you found yourself heading to Gridania, Limsa Loma or UlDah. You familirize yourself, start building a name for yourself and as your name grows the call to action in you grows, you eventually find yourself being needed elsewhere and when that point arrives then the stories all merge.

There is no need to do all 3 cities because it only matters for the first third of the main story, the story itself spans the entire game world.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57
    they are all the same in concepts but with other npc and enviroment.
  • Raphiel75Raphiel75 Member Posts: 16

There are multiple stories in-game. First is main story line (lvl1-15) which introduces the challenges and issues each city faces as well as a multitude of characters that tie into each other. Once you obtain your airship pass(lvl15) you venture off to each city assisting them while leading up to Ifrit. After him, you enter a grand company which has ITS own storyline and quests and characters.

Then there's the Class story line(lvl1-30, plus jobs). Each class has its own story, characters and history of the Guild. Also, crafters and gatherers have their own story as well.

Then theres the regular quest. Which gives exp, equipment or gil. Many of the quests are intertwine with each other revealing a story or history of the area in itself.

So in a nutshell, this game has a CRAP load of story and lore and does its best to educate the characters of the history of Eorzea and the roots of the nations, grand companies, the villans and the calamity(V1.0 of the game). This game can be a book in itself.