Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of features?

EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
Is there a list of features somewhere? I just got in the beta test and it seems like a lot of fun but I want to know what there is to do in the game. All the website says is story/quests/dungeons. I have been looking for information and I saw an interview where they are working on player housing. Is there anywhere where there are a big list of features?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
    anyone?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    What feature are you looking for?  It's got just about everything except  open world pvp and action combat.
  • Deliverus_GamoraDeliverus_Gamora Member Posts: 29
    I like FFXIVinfo.com and
    Eorzeareborn.com
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Go to the Beta Lodestone.

You will see your characters classes as well as achievements. Click the Achievements. These give you a perspective of objectives in the game in a number of categories. The list of stuff to do is incomplete as CBT is locked at a low level. The fact is, anyone who thinks they know what this game has to offer is enthusiastic but is bluffing. Much of it hasn't been released yet.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

I haven't come across anything really comprehensive, but supposedly they are all discussed throughout the producer's letters. Since you are in beta, you can check out the beta forums to get a better idea too, or just jump into the game and explore. Following the main story questline in-game introduces you to most features (though you'll have to play up to about level 23ish to unlock everything that's available in the beta). Here's a list of the features I'm aware of:

General list of 'things to do' all of which are currently available in beta:

-Main story questline

-General world quests (traditional themepark questhub stuff)

-Class quests (quests at specific level intervals for each class to unlock further game features and earn certain class-specific abilities).

-Armory system (at level 10 you can visit each classes' guild and learn that class/begin leveling them, all on 1 character, if you so choose. There are combat, crafting, and gathering classes. At level 30, you can quest to unlock 'jobs' (specialized advanced classes - this feature is not available in beta yet).

-Hunting Log (after completing your first level 5 class quest, you'll be able to hunt specific types of creatures for bonus xp, bound to each class).

-Guildleves (quick, timed, open-world quests that have you complete a simple task; much like regular quests, but many with special conditions and bonus secondary conditions - also reward based on time taken to complete. There are 3 types of guildleves for the 3 types of classes: combat, gathering, and crafting).

-Guildhests (Unlocked at level 15 or 20 normally; group instances that act sort of like mini-dungeons; they actively teach you group coordination skills and other aspects of the game while requiring you to complete special objectives - give major bonus xp and gil for first time completion and usually require unlocking by doing prior guildhests - accessible through the duty-finder utility)

-Dungeons (These are unlocked at level 15; your typical group instanced dungeons, usually take between 30 mins to an hour to complete - 90 min time limit in the beta - usually require completion of the appropriate stage of the main story quest to unlock, or (at least in beta) talking to a guard outside the entrance).

-Trials (Special, major instanced boss fights, like the Ifrit boss encounter - also available through the duty-finder utility, but require unlocking via the main story questline).

-FATEs (dynamic open world events, very similar to the dynamic content in GW2, which occur in any adventuring area, and yield xp, gil, and other rewards, such as guild seals (explained below) based on level of participation)

-Grand company leves (unlocked around level 22-23ish via main story quest - much like guildleves, but with different sets of objectives - usually to take out single specific targets - award guild seals upon completion, which can be redeemed for various items - you can join one of three grand companies, each representing one of the major nations - turning in certain numbers of guild seals allows you to apply for promotions in the company, and there are several ranks, each allowing access to better guild-seal rewards. There are 'supply and provisioning' leves for gathering and crafting classes).

-? (Did I miss anything?)

Note: This list leaves out the various other features and side-distractions like armor dyeing, getting a chocobo mount that can also fight alongside you, the materia melding system, joining linkshells or free companies, unlocking retainers and using the market board, etc.

Features we know of that are not available in beta that I have come to find out about (there may be more, but you'll have to check out the producer's letters):

-Player housing/communities on outdoor (instanced?) guild plots

-Raids

-The Arcanist class and two jobs for it: Summoner and Scholar

-The Fisherman gatherer class

-Quests to unlock 'soul crystals' (items equipped to impart 'jobs' (advanced classes) at level 30 in the corresponding class).

-Artifact armor quests (a series of job-specific quests to earn, piece-by-piece, the iconic armor set of that job - I think this might already be available to legacy players in beta, but I'm not sure).

-Pokemon-esque Creature battles (I'm not sure if this one is in yet but haven't seen it in beta - also I don't have much information on this - I may have mistaken it for the chocobo buddy system mentioned above - need confirmation).

-PvP (1v1 and team arena battles, larger scale pvp objectives/zones).

-A lot more of the world map will open up.

-Most quest content of all types beyond level 25 - other types beyond 35.

-? (Did I miss anything?)