Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] MMORPG's You've Played

13»

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by BrucyBonus
    I was just saying that with such huge numbers in the poll it probably renders most of the options redundant.  
    I understand that, but unfortunately MMORPG.com limits its polls to 10 answers :)

I could have weighted them differently, breaking up the lower tiers better and lumping everything, say above 50% into 1 answer. hmmm...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by Kuro1n
    I played a lot of games, I think this polls scale was a bit wrong honestly, 1-60 as the first %? come on it should have been like 1-20 or so.
    Yea, I'm coming to that conclusion, too. I was too anal-retentive and made all the 10 selections "equal" and pretty. I should have gone asymmetrical and broken up the lower tiers more.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127
    I have to ask... who even has the time for 60+ games? I've been F2P hopping in between my serious MMORPGs, and I can't imagine having gone passed a number like that. Especially once it gets into the 70-80+ range. That's completely insane! 500? No way.

Originally posted by BatCakez
    I have to ask... who even has the time for 60+ games? I've been F2P hopping in between my serious MMORPGs, and I can't imagine having gone passed a number like that. Especially once it gets into the 70-80+ range. That's completely insane! 500? No way.
    Well, an example scenario:

Say a player played Neverwinter on AOL way back when (1991). Maybe they jumped to UO when it launched. Let's say they also "tried out" EQ, AoC, DAoC, AC for starters. When WoW came out, they tried it, too. Soon, in a couple of years with WoW's success, the old games started losing their particular flavor. Let's say in 5 years time from WoW's launch (2004-2009), this player starts "the search" to try and capture that old time feeling. As time goes on, they maybe play 1 game every month (on average) looking for a home. In a few more years (say 2011), the F2P craze takes place and the number of MMOs is exponentially larger than ever before. Now, they have about 2 years of F2P MMO hopping with no limit on the number of MMOs they can try in any given month, except time :)

I can see this happening. Not very often, mind you, but it is possible :) 1991 (Neverwinter launches) to 2013 is a lot of time to be trying out MMOs.

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by TheJoda
    Yes the upper ranges seemed unrealistic to me also.

I think the same thing. However, there are some posters who will try anything "for fun." I could easily see them playing as many F2P games as possible as they hop around.

I've downloaded and tried a few MMOs. I haven't been too impressed with most of them, but I still played them, even if only a little bit.

There are also some posters who just click 541-600 for the fun of it and maybe played 1 mmo.

Better list was

1-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50 ext.