It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I originally posted this in an ESO thread, but I thought it would be good for more discussion in the GW2 forum.
Here are what I think are the problems with GW2 WvW. Also, I show that from what we know, ESO will not be making these mistakes. (Take it with a grain of salt, obviously -- we'll see at launch).
1) AoE damage limit to 5 people (same for healing/support). This favours the zerg disproportionately. (ESO will have no limit, but hard counters -- was discussed in a recent Ten Ton Hammer interview)
2) The "Downed State" - anyone can rez in combat. Again this favours the zerg, as more hands can get people up. It also hampers the skilled solo player. (ESO will only allow certain specs to rez in combat).
3) Over-emphasis on siege. I really hope ESO doesn't make this mistake. GW2 just buffed siege, and now siege just trumps all fights, again lowering the skill level.
4) Broken Stealth. Stealth is always controversial, but GW2 allows restealthing in combat. This means stealth is low risk, high reward. From what I've read, stealth in ESO will require trade-offs.
5) Maps are far too small in GW2, again favouring the zerg. Shouldn't be a problem in ESO.
6) Lack of viable Alternative Advancement or some kind of gear/stat progression in WvW. Shouldn't be gamebreaking or OP, but there should be something. Instead we have WXP that allows you to increase your siege skills. Argh! ESO has stressed in many interviews advancement in AvA is a big part of endgame.
If GW2 corrects all these things before ESO launches, I would be tempted to stay in GW, simply because we have such a great WvW community on Tarnished Coast. Somehow I doubt it will happen though.
Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius