Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"hardcore" mmorpg's

2»

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

In all seriousness, the industry needs a really polished sandbox or even sandpark game, preferably in the fantasy setting.  All these "major releases" Wildstar, ESO,  FFXIV, could've probably been amazing genre defining games, but they decided to go down the quest hub arena raid route and will decay just as the founder of that content is now.  

Though I did get pretty optimistic when ESO said they were pushing back to 2014 release to listen to more player feedback, lets see what they do with all that time.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by pedruzorro

I will begin by saying that I played lineage 2 (since C4).

Since that game there hasn't been any other that made me feel so accomplished, either by leveling or simply how hard was to get things.

When is another game like this going to come up? 

Are we in need of a new genre of mmo? 

Have you tried Hungry Hungry Hippo's ?  WoW talk about your hardcore game.

• PorkNailsPorkNails Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by MyBoot

I will begin by saying that I played lineage 2 (since C4).

Since that game there hasn't been any other that made me feel so accomplished, either by leveling or simply how hard was to get things.

When is another game like this going to come up? 

Have you tried Hungry Hungry Hippo's ?  WoW talk about your hardcore game.

i have, but i didnt like the end game :/

compared to lineage, world of warcraft was easy (dont be butt hurt, i'm sure more ppl that played both games can confirm this).

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MMORPGRIP
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Kuro1n
    Originally posted by Antiquated

The industry seems to be moving in the general direction of ARPGs.

Less demanding, I suppose. No expectation to "live" in them full-time.

Good. I don't have time to live in MMOs "full-time".

Jesus...we know. You only state this in every single post...give it a rest already. We know you don't like MMORPG's....sheesh.

No more than people flogging the dead horse of "lack of sandbox", "no world pvp", "lack of perma-detah", "no crafting" ... and all those usual complaint.

There are plenty of games for your kind but almost no good ones for the others. I think we got the right to wish for something decent, only good one out there is EVE and that is a sci fi which doesn't fall into everyones taste. Luckily it seems some companies have figured this out since we see more sandbox elements and games being produced lately.

No one dispute your right to wish. I only dispute you should have the only right to air your opinion in a forum.

Your preference is not better .. it is just different.

And whining about the market don't go your way .. .how does is that working out so far?

Like your telling these people how it is through your eyes and what to accept and them doing so? How is that working out so far?

Nah .. i only air my opinion .. and that is working out great so far. There is plenty of discussion .. and my view is known.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Antiquated

The industry seems to be moving in the general direction of ARPGs.

Less demanding, I suppose. No expectation to "live" in them full-time.

Good. I don't have time to live in MMOs "full-time".

Jesus...we know. You only state this in every single post...give it a rest already. We know you don't like MMORPG's....sheesh.

No more than people flogging the dead horse of "lack of sandbox", "no world pvp", "lack of perma-detah", "no crafting" ... and all those usual complaint.

Yeah, unfortunately the genre is catered to the part-time gamer, grats you all fucked the genre for people who actually like the games.

Only "unfortunate" if you are not one of them.