Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Civ 5 rant

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ugh. I own this game for years, ever since it was released years ago. But it STILL runs crappy as hell. Not that it's a good game either, compared to the tons of options the older Civ games had. I tried to run it again with the "lastest" expansion Gods and Kings... GOOD RIDDANCE

IT CRASHES.

Like ever so often now. And no I am fairly sure its not my comp. I read many of those complains recently on their forums. Actually it never ran stable, and it takes 5 minutes to even start a frigging game.

What a farce. Yeah this rant leads to nothing but me venting off steam. And waring should there still be potential customers. lol

Crap game.

Crap games ALL of them... Damn now I am bored again, and Europa Universalis 4 is still a month away. >.<

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Sorry to hear that man. The game has always ran great for me. I've played it on 3 different notebooks and 2 pcs with no issues. Though on the first (an alienware), the game did lag. But to be fair the system was a bit dated at that point.

Also I can't recall any crashes, but I won't doubt that I had one or two.

Is there anything common between the systems you've played on? Perhaps a piece of software, maybe a videocard? I run my systems ridiculously clean so I typically don't come across to many issues. I don't even have a virus scanner lol.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Completely deleted and reinstalled it, works a tad better now and lasts a few hours before crashing. Still, it never really ran smooth. Hmpft.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Never had any problems running single player matches but as soon as I played multiplayer with friends, the game practically became unplayable and pure frustration.
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

I got some problems with the vanilla game to due to my dx10.1 graphic card. But i have no problems whatsoever since a few patches and especially since the expac.

And about civ5. From mutliplayer point of view it is actually even better than the older ones.. although some features still missing, but come in slowly with every expansion. And the next one with more diplomacy and trading option is around the corner releasing this month. Of course we could argue if all those features should not be in from the very beginning.

• Ol_BluOl_Blu Member Posts: 2
    That's a shame man, that game has always worked well for me. Never had an issue.
  • weslubowweslubow Member UncommonPosts: 163

Check for any updates on the company website.

A patch might fix it.