Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what questions you want asked at eqlive?

quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

Since i cant go probably i thought we could start a thread and ask people that ARE going to ask at the QA

here goes ,PVP consentual or not, or pvp pve servers/flag or some form of battleground or something else.

What exactly will be  changeable will i be able to dig a cave in the middle of a zone? damn up a river and flood stuff ?

Will zones reset after a while ?

is it going to be a  Single mega server ?

Whens beta start?

Will gear degrade like in eq2?

what classes will there be if there ARE classes ( i hope there are)

raid size max

feel free to add your questions

Edit other peoples questions added

Will we have boats

Will there be open dungeuns like sebillis and karnors

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Will snakes kick?

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208

Will there be open dungeons like karnors and sebilis and if so can we expect a return of trains?

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by fyerwall
    Will snakes kick?

a Snake has kicked YOU for 21 points of damage.

I guess my big question would be:

Can we have boats?

Loved my boat in UO and Vanguard...

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

I think Smed has set himself up for a bit of flak come EQLive, people will soon realize that Smeds definition of  a sandbox game is not the same as many others.

I expect this game to be on a par with everything you can do in a pure sandbox game like WurmOnline, not EVE or DF or AA but a 100% pure sandbox mmo.

I will say it here that EQN will not be a pure sandbox game IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueIzp5w2QzY

If EQN really is a sandbox then it should have all of these features http://wurmonline.com/

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

I think Smed has set himself up for a bit of flak come EQLive, people will soon realize that Smeds definition of  a sandbox game is not the same as many others.

I expect this game to be on a par with everything you can do in a pure sandbox game like WurmOnline, not EVE or DF or AA but a 100% pure sandbox mmo.

If EQN really is a sandbox then it should have all of these features http://wurmonline.com/

Eh, so long as the game is fun, stable somewhat different than whats already out, then I will be happy. And I can guess a lot of others will be too.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

Instanced dungens?

necros in game?

FD in game?

Can I train people?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I would have MANY but i think one that covers many area is the topic of altaholics.

There is no need for alts ,something SOE some how missed the boat on while many other developers are starting to grasp it.

You also don't need the GW2 approach claiming to remove classes,you can still have a predominant class and have  versatility of a sub class/hybrid system.Hybrid systems actually give more viability to each class and the way you design your battles and game.

You should not have to log in and out to get to a different crafter or a different class,it is simply a time waster and does not adhere to any realism at all.There is no reasonable thinking that would keep a player from learning more than one class or skill,just like in real life,we are open to anything and everything.You might be an auto mechanic,does that mean you now can't play any sports or have any other hobbies or crafts,of course not,it simply made no sense to follow this strategy for not only EQ1 but EQ2 as well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Eh, so long as the game is fun, stable somewhat different than whats already out, then I will be happy. And I can guess a lot of others will be too.

And i'll be happy to play EQN as i have been happy to play the EQ ip for the last 14 years, point is Smed shouldn't label the game as the biggest sandbox ever if it's not actually a proper sandbox game.

This is what happens when you claim certain things and they turn out not to be true, hopefully Smeds claim stands up.

• JedidiahTheadoreJedidiahTheadore Member Posts: 48
    Are there non combat classes/professions and are they treated equally to combat classes/professions.

Will there ever be flying mounts?

Can we swim? (Haha anyone paying attention to swtor pre-launch gets this one).
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

Will snakes kick?

Depends on his position and opponent, Snake uses whatever CQC tactics suit the moment. Adaptability and flowing techniques. The Boss taught him well..

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

Originally posted by Electro057
    Will snakes kick?

Depends on his position and opponent, Snake uses whatever CQC tactics suit the moment. Adaptability and flowing techniques. The Boss taught him well..

Lol, mental image of an actual snake using a cardboard box to avoid players...

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

And i'll be happy to play EQN as i have been happy to play the EQ ip for the last 14 years, point is Smed shouldn't label the game as the biggest sandbox ever if it's not actually a proper sandbox game.

This is what happens when you claim certain things and they turn out not to be true, hopefully Smeds claim stands up.

Honestly, I don't have any expectations for EQN.  I'm just too aware of how Smed and Dave operate, and these little Twitter games he's playing are simply annoying me.  I've been around long enough to know that Smed really likes to hear his own voice, and there isn't much substance behind his cloud of hype.

I think it will be unlike what everyone imagines it to be.  I predict a tidal wave of disappointment for those who are salivating over the sandbox element.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Classes like eq1 or eq2?

More than just the trinity? 

Necros?

no instancing?

World boss mobs on long respawn timers?

crafting?

No auction house?

exploration?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SneakyTurtleSneakyTurtle Member Posts: 41

How unique will the armor sets be? (I hated how I looked like everyone else when I was playing GW2 it was hard to feel unique even with the Dye System =/)

How will PVE and PVP work? (If there is PVP at all)

Will there be Drachnids? (Spider love here hehe)

What will crafting be like and what makes it unique?

How will SANDBOX define this game?

- SneakyTurtle

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Originally posted by DMKano

How deep can we dig in EQN?

Does the destructible world follow physics rules (If you dig under a wall, will it fall down?)

Restrictions on building locations?

Can druids change the weather and will it impact the actual world (can winter freeze the lakes, can rains cause floods?)

Can we change deity or have multiple gods we can worship?

Will all factions have meaningful things we can learn from them? Example undead frogloks, we could raise faction with them but any reason to?

Will dungeons be destructible?

Can we plant trees anywhere in the open world?

Will NPC AI be advanced enough for them to elect their own leaders and for NPCs to form and break alliances with other NPCs?

Will equipment need to be repaired?

Will we need food and drink to survive?

Will there be true night blindness for races (cannot be offset by gamma/brightness)?

Assuming the world is open and not zoned, how far will aggro mobs chase players before leashing code kicks in?

Will mobs chain aggro, if so can they be split up using class/skill abilities (mez, FD, blur, fear etc...)

Will there be upgradable gear, or will be constantly swapping gear out for next tier?

Can players create new zones? Quests? Dungeons? 

Can players create new NPCs?

Mounted combat?

Can pets be raised into battle companions (like in ArcheAge)?

Castle Sieges?

Will NPCs follow day/night cycles (sleep at night etc...)

That list would make for an awesome game. It would also mean that beta would be starting sometime around spring 2015.

I really think people are blowing Smed's sandbox comments way out of proportion.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

How do *you* define "Sandbox"?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

"Largest sandbox MMO ever" does not mean most sandbox features.

If you're expecting the game to be like Minecraft in that "sandbox" extent..

That Wurm Online game looks stupid imo.

• GholosGholos Member Posts: 209

How the class system will works?

I personaly hope that will be the trinity, otherwise will be very difficult to create tactical and cooperative boss fights in PvE. (I dont want a boring PvE like GW2)

I want to play a real Tank so an aggro managment is fondamental for me and i want to have a role in the group as the other classes.

How the race will works?

I would to see races different not only for their textures, each race must have their attribute scores, restrictions in class choice and so on, as in EQ1. (Plz dont make Ogre and Troll too human in apperance)

"Brute force not work? It because you not use enought of it"
    -Karg, Ogryn Bone'ead.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Will grief councilors be on hand for some of the attendees?  
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by fyerwall Originally posted by SavageHorizon I think Smed has set himself up for a bit of flak come EQLive, people will soon realize that Smeds definition of  a sandbox game is not the same as many others. I expect this game to be on a par with everything you can do in a pure sandbox game like WurmOnline, not EVE or DF or AA but a 100% pure sandbox mmo. I will say it here that EQN will not be a pure sandbox game IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueIzp5w2QzY If EQN really is a sandbox then it should have all of these features http://wurmonline.com/

i know what you are saying but how do you know what features will be in the game at this point? you simply don't.

he has already said that almost everything can be destroyed in the world and if everything can also be built? that alone would make it a sandbox game IMO

the amount of features it has will not determine if it is a sandbox game or not, but what kind of features it does have will.