Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new MMO that is NOT f2p

SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558

Yes, I said it, NOT free to play. Because all you're getting is retarded, zero IQ ass clown players who lack any sort of critical thinking which I'm forced to interact and team with. I'm tired of the low quality terrible shit stuff and obvious cash grabs. Give me a normal monthly sub so it keeps out the riffraff and keeps the company from trying to rob me blind.

 

Looking for a good MMO that isn't a Korean grind and has some longevity to it and preferably one that hasn't been out for ages. Any ideas?

 

«1

Comments

  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

    You want an MMO, that has been released in the last year or two (tough to define your hasn't been out for ages), that is a western MMO, and isn't F2P.

    Well I feel like this is more about making a statement then it is about finding a game. Even so the list of games that fits in those criteria are listed below.

     

    Game List:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

    You want an MMO, that has been released in the last year or two (tough to define your hasn't been out for ages), that is a western MMO, and isn't F2P.

    Well I feel like this is more about making a statement then it is about finding a game. Even so the list of games that fits in those criteria are listed below.

     

    Game List:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Lol....thanks! that was hilarious.

    I hope OP will choose wisely.

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    Yes, I said it, NOT free to play. Because all you're getting is retarded, zero IQ ass clown players who lack any sort of critical thinking which I'm forced to interact and team with. I'm tired of the low quality terrible shit stuff and obvious cash grabs. Give me a normal monthly sub so it keeps out the riffraff and keeps the company from trying to rob me blind.

     

    Looking for a good MMO that isn't a Korean grind and has some longevity to it and preferably one that hasn't been out for ages. Any ideas?

     

    Sorry, you get the same sorry-assed people in sub games also but they feel entitled to be that way in sub games. So what you are really saying is you don't want to play any games.


  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,858
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    That's the same conclusion I came to, I was hoping that I had missed some... or even one but alas.

     

     

    Originally posted by St_konker
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    Yes, I said it, NOT free to play. Because all you're getting is retarded, zero IQ ass clown players who lack any sort of critical thinking which I'm forced to interact and team with. I'm tired of the low quality terrible shit stuff and obvious cash grabs. Give me a normal monthly sub so it keeps out the riffraff and keeps the company from trying to rob me blind.

     

    Looking for a good MMO that isn't a Korean grind and has some longevity to it and preferably one that hasn't been out for ages. Any ideas?

     

     

    Im sorry how are you forced to group with people you dont like? Is it because you dont have friends? Social skills are lacking?

     

    Do you understand the concept of MMO's?

    I kinda think he does understand them. Perhaps you would be better off with a single player rpg. 

    Any and all MMO's have huge mix of players, F2P, B2P, and P2P have the same folks. I don't understand where you think a subscription is going to fix your social problem.

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • St_konkerSt_konker Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by St_konker
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    That's the same conclusion I came to, I was hoping that I had missed some... or even one but alas.

     

     

    Originally posted by St_konker
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    Yes, I said it, NOT free to play. Because all you're getting is retarded, zero IQ ass clown players who lack any sort of critical thinking which I'm forced to interact and team with. I'm tired of the low quality terrible shit stuff and obvious cash grabs. Give me a normal monthly sub so it keeps out the riffraff and keeps the company from trying to rob me blind.

     

    Looking for a good MMO that isn't a Korean grind and has some longevity to it and preferably one that hasn't been out for ages. Any ideas?

     

     

    Im sorry how are you forced to group with people you dont like? Is it because you dont have friends? Social skills are lacking?

     

    Do you understand the concept of MMO's?

    I do, very much so that when I play I interact with people who wont ruin my gaming experience. I join a guild of like minded individuals and I play with them. My social skills dont suffer so much that I am "forced" to play with people I dont like.

     

    So yeah mean that you never have to deal with anyone outside your group of chosen friends, at all. Ever... in your f2p games which according to your posts you love so much.

    Right, ok.

     

     

     

     

     

    Why would I willingly choose to play with people I dont like? Do you go out to movies with people you hate? Just walk up to some strangers and invite them to your house for a nice dinner?

    You seem upset that I would rather play with friends then with people I dont like.

  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    Yes, I said it, NOT free to play. Because all you're getting is retarded, zero IQ ass clown players who lack any sort of critical thinking which I'm forced to interact and team with. I'm tired of the low quality terrible shit stuff and obvious cash grabs. Give me a normal monthly sub so it keeps out the riffraff and keeps the company from trying to rob me blind.

     

    Looking for a good MMO that isn't a Korean grind and has some longevity to it and preferably one that hasn't been out for ages. Any ideas?

     

    This is the sole reason I'm checking out FF XIV. The sub model. I am done with F2P or B2P or "leech on others to play" models.

    I just beg that EQN will be sub based, although the rumors are not good.

    Tell me if you find one, I'll check out FF XIV :)

  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

    Darkfall:UW?  Then again its a re-engineered off the original Darkfall, a game that didnt do so well and was full of exploits.  Might be good if you're into heavy pvp full loot type games.

     

    Only one I can think of really, but the sub price isnt keeping out the undesirables there, from what I've heard.

  • RupskulRupskul Member Posts: 71

    I'm with you on FTP.  I don't like it because you end up having to pay a lot more money in "free" games than sub games to do anything.  Want more than 10 inventory slots.  $$$.  Want a mount?  $$$  Want that zone?  $$$

    I know you said not Korean, but I assume you meant not Western.  But I would say give FFXIV a shot.  I don't mind the grind, so I'm a bit biased, but FFXI had an amazing community and a lot of those same folks are looking for a new home. 

  • SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558
    Originally posted by Derros

    Darfall?  Then again its a re-engineered off a game that didnt do so well and was full of exploits.  Might be good if you're into heavy pvp full loot type games.

     

    Only one I can think of really, but the sub price isnt keeping out the undesirables there, from what I've heard.

    Yeah Darkfall would have been a contender if they wouldn't have dropped Darkfall 1 in a "aaaand it's gone!" kind of way, because that doesn't really make me trust the company behind it.

  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by Derros

    Darfall?  Then again its a re-engineered off a game that didnt do so well and was full of exploits.  Might be good if you're into heavy pvp full loot type games.

     

    Only one I can think of really, but the sub price isnt keeping out the undesirables there, from what I've heard.

    Yeah Darkfall would have been a contender if they wouldn't have dropped Darkfall 1 in a "aaaand it's gone!" kind of way, because that doesn't really make me trust the company behind it.

    So yea, nothing really around that meets your criteria

  • RupskulRupskul Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Derros

    Darkfall:UW?  Then again its a re-engineered off the original Darkfall, a game that didnt do so well and was full of exploits.  Might be good if you're into heavy pvp full loot type games.

     

    Only one I can think of really, but the sub price isnt keeping out the undesirables there, from what I've heard.

    I would 100% agree with you if the developers were better.  I was really excited for that game and played through Beta, but dropped it at launch.  It's obvious that they are in waay over their head - they've done some amazing work that I hope gets into more games, but they aren't going to get it done.

  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

    Good luck with your search, OP. You will need plenty of it.

     

    Most big MMO publishers have realised the golden opportunity that the F2P payment model represents. So I think it will be quite a while before a AAA MMO launches as sub only.

     

    Human beings are wonderfully irrational when it comes to spending money on entertainment. They rage and scream when they are "forced" to spend $15 per month to play a game, but when a F2P game launches, those same players will happily spend $300 in the first 3 months or so.

    They won't actually play the F2P game any longer than they would have played the subscription game, but the comparitively huge spend on the F2P title is easily justified by: "well, I can return to the game any time I want". Of course, they seldom do.

  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

    Good luck with your search, OP. You will need plenty of it.

     

    Most big MMO publishers have realised the golden opportunity that the F2P payment model represents. So I think it will be quite a while before a AAA MMO launches as sub only.

     

    Human beings are wonderfully irrational when it comes to spending money on entertainment. They rage and scream when they are "forced" to spend $15 per month to play a game, but when a F2P game launches, those same players will happily spend $300 in the first 3 months or so.

    They won't actually play the F2P game any longer than they would have played the subscription game, but the comparitively huge spend on the F2P title is easily justified by: "well, I can return to the game any time I want". Of course, they seldom do.

    I find it more astonishing that the same people presumably go to movie theatres more than twice a month. Tthe sub fee of an MMO would hardly pay for the pop-corn. It's still a rip-off, even if it gives them 100 hours of great entertainment. Weird.

  • Jadedangel1Jadedangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

    You want an MMO, that has been released in the last year or two (tough to define your hasn't been out for ages), that is a western MMO, and isn't F2P.

    Well I feel like this is more about making a statement then it is about finding a game. Even so the list of games that fits in those criteria are listed below.

     

    Game List:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Which on this list would you recommend I try first? :P

  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,656
    Im sure that this is just a troll thread as the prejudice is running extremely high......So many people here jsut assume that if you pay for a game that it is automatically better....That is not the case often.....There are alot of bad p2p games, many of which are no better than f2p games...If it makes you feel better you can simply just give us your money...It will go to good use I promise.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Bjelar
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

    Good luck with your search, OP. You will need plenty of it.

     

    Most big MMO publishers have realised the golden opportunity that the F2P payment model represents. So I think it will be quite a while before a AAA MMO launches as sub only.

     

    Human beings are wonderfully irrational when it comes to spending money on entertainment. They rage and scream when they are "forced" to spend $15 per month to play a game, but when a F2P game launches, those same players will happily spend $300 in the first 3 months or so.

    They won't actually play the F2P game any longer than they would have played the subscription game, but the comparitively huge spend on the F2P title is easily justified by: "well, I can return to the game any time I want". Of course, they seldom do.

    I find it more astonishing that the same people presumably go to movie theatres more than twice a month. Tthe sub fee of an MMO would hardly pay for the pop-corn. It's still a rip-off, even if it gives them 100 hours of great entertainment. Weird.

    You are once again assuming that people dislike sub models because they can not afford 15 bucks a month. It is about value of money no matter how small the amount. 

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • DamonVileDamonVile Member CommonPosts: 4,818
    So you're trying to say it only takes someone having $15 in their pocket to make them not a retard. I'm sure there's a republican joke in there somewhere :)
  • SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Im sure that this is just a troll thread as the prejudice is running extremely high......So many people here jsut assume that if you pay for a game that it is automatically better....That is not the case often.....There are alot of bad p2p games, many of which are no better than f2p games...If it makes you feel better you can simply just give us your money...It will go to good use I promise.

    Nothing troll about it.

    In fact F2P games are rife with trolls simply because it's free, it's also full of ppl who chose to play f2p because they lack the income to play so you get way more 12 yearolds, idiots and morons. Not saying that the simple act of coughing up 15 euro makes people smarter but it IS a barrier to keep the clowns away, if only a little bit. Having to pay for it makes it an investment which, generally, means you get less idiotic behaviour. Simple logic.

    Does stating this make me a troll, no. An elitist perhaps, again no. It might make me look like an ass but I'm fine with that. I'm sick and tired of morons, trolls, idiots and clowns in all those f2p games, be it WoT, SWToR, war thunder and whatever other there are. TIRED.

     

    Apart from that, just like others explained in this thread; generally f2p are bigger cash grabs than sub based games and they tend to employ more p2w as well.

     

     

  • DamonVileDamonVile Member CommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    So you're trying to say it only takes someone having $15 in their pocket to make them not a retard. I'm sure there's a republican joke in there somewhere :)

    Not necessarily, but it does create a barrier for the troll clowns. Like your post seems to be, on this free forum. And the clown post above this one.

    Yeah....I'm thinking the barrier goes both ways.

  • SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    So you're trying to say it only takes someone having $15 in their pocket to make them not a retard. I'm sure there's a republican joke in there somewhere :)

    Not necessarily, but it does create a barrier for the troll clowns. Like your post seems to be, on this free forum. And the clown post above this one.

    Yeah....I'm thinking the barrier goes both ways.

    If you make a silly/troll reply, don't expect anything constructive in return.

  • OzivoisOzivois Member Posts: 598

    Age of Conan

    Rift

    The Secret World

     

    That is as close as you are going to get. In all cases, find a guild to level up and play with on their forums.

  • St_konkerSt_konker Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Ozivois

    Age of Conan

    Rift

    The Secret World

     

    That is as close as you are going to get. In all cases, find a guild to level up and play with on their forums.

    He didnt want Free to Play or Buy to Play though, and he doesnt want to have to find a guild to play with. Social skills are not as relevant as his sword skills.

  • ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Soraellion

    Yes, I said it, NOT free to play. Because all you're getting is retarded, zero IQ ass clown players who lack any sort of critical thinking which I'm forced to interact and team with. I'm tired of the low quality terrible shit stuff and obvious cash grabs. Give me a normal monthly sub so it keeps out the riffraff and keeps the company from trying to rob me blind.

     

    Looking for a good MMO that isn't a Korean grind and has some longevity to it and preferably one that hasn't been out for ages. Any ideas?

     

    not many, however there are hybrids - games that offer f2p and subs.  Quite a few of those. Best option I know of to avoid stupid people is to play single player games. Stupid people play mmo's just like intelligent people. Some stupid people even sub. Avoiding f2p games will not eliminate contact with stupid people. single player games will eliminate contact with stupid people, unless, of course, you are a stupid person... in which case there is no hope.

    Currently bored with MMO's.

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Soraellion
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    So you're trying to say it only takes someone having $15 in their pocket to make them not a retard. I'm sure there's a republican joke in there somewhere :)

    Not necessarily, but it does create a barrier for the troll clowns. Like your post seems to be, on this free forum. And the clown post above this one.

    Yeah....I'm thinking the barrier goes both ways.

    If you make a silly/troll reply, don't expect anything constructive in return.

    There is nothing silly or trollish about the replies. People are trying to give you a  prespective that 15 bucks or not if someone has to act like a jack ass he will. You think 15 bucks a month stop people? how do you think millions play game like WOW? 

    You must be really naive if you think 15 bucks act as some kind of barrier.

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

    It is my opinion that OP will have to interact with stupid even if he'll play chess with a mirror.

This discussion has been closed.