Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] General: Looking for Group: Fork of Truth Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ryan Sohmer, Writer of LFG (www.lfgcomic.com) as well as Least I Could Do and The Gutters, has taken to Kickstarter to fund his Co-Op Action-RPG "LFG: The Fork of Truth" based on the hit webcomic of the same name. We caught up with Ryan to find out more about the project.

MMORPG: First So, we can assume then that you're no stranger to RPGs or MMOs?

Ryan Sohmer: I challenge anyone to try and convince me that Baldur's Gate II is not one of the finest RPGs ever created.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Looking for Group: Fork of Truth Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Not to be overly negative, but it's going to take a pretty large amount of convincing to make both myself and other LFG fans believe that this won't end up just like the LFG movie, which was supposed to come out FIVE YEARS AGO.

FIVE.

YEARS.

Oh, and need I mention the fact that they then had the nerve to have a fundraiser for a LICD TV show, all while completely ignoring people asking just what the hell was going on with the LFG movie?

LICD is obviously their 'favorite son'. LFG is the unwanted stepchild that they only pay attention to when absolutely needed (such as when they can make money off it).

Yeah, you could say I'm a little bitter. With good cause.

Edit: Hey I see you get to play as Krunch. You know, the major character that they killed OFF PANEL like a bunch of amateurs.

Also, $600K? Really?

2nd edit: I know that this takes place before his death. I was just pointing out that the comic writers killed him off in a completely amateurish manner that pissed off a lot of people. One page you see him, and several pages later he's laying on the ground dead. The fight wasn't shown in the comic at all. In fact, you don't even get to see the person who killed him until after the fight, because they weren't even shown engaging each other!

I understand that characters die. Victory for the heroes means nothing if there's no real risk. However, the way they went about it was just a slap in the face. Even the most simple-minded of comic writers knows you don't kill a character which has been around since nearly the beginning of the comic, and played a vital role in it, without showing anything. It's inexcusable for even amateur writers to do that, much more so for people who claim to be 'professionals'.

It would be akin to the writers of X-men showing Wolverine alive in one panel, focusing on something else for a few pages, then having him show up dead with a villain gloating over his corpse.

Ugh.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

Looks cool. Paladin's site here for more info: The game is an epic sidequest to the adventures in the early episodes of the comic.

InsaneDalek, on the site it says "The game is an epic sidequest to the adventures in the early episodes of the comic," maybe that answers your confusion in your EDIT. 

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA