Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar - no immdediate plans for next gen consoles

BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Watched the interview with Mike Donatelli on mmorpg.com youtube channel - approx. 38min in Rob and Mike talk about next gen consoles. Mike notes that he is a pc guy at heart and that pc's are more powerful.

So there you have it, no Wildstar on next gen

With that, I hope it eventually makes it's way to PS4. I don't own a pc right now and I have no plans to buy one until 2016 maybe. There are a lot of great titles coming out for next gen and new options available. Would have loved to give Wildstar go though. I'll keep an eye on it. It's just unfortunate timing that new consoles are just around the corner.

I know I know (just have both) - I'm not a pack rat though - I like have the least amount of stuff possible and I don't like clutter.

Good luck with the game and I hope it's a success.

Comments

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

ok.....   thanks ? bye2 ?  I've got nothing to say ,seriously .

I wonder what discussion you were planning to have on this, this wasnt trolling or ppl spouting nerd rage, complaining maybe ?.. it's just a blatant ...nothing. ..

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    OP: i would love to see you in a 40 man raid trying to tank / heal / dps with the ps4 controller.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    OP: i would love to see you in a 40 man raid trying to tank / heal / dps with the ps4 controller.

Won't be hard at all really.  Toolbar isn't extensive where one has 10 toolbars of abilities and really MMOs go through a rotation that isn't extensive at all not to mention cooldowns seem pretty moderate.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    As someone who won't buy a next gen console, all I can is... that works for me.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I dont see why not, PS4 can obviously handle this WoW type graphics/art-style and the controls are of a action game with a small hotbar, hell Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden has more moves than the number of skills you can put on WildStars hotbar and they are faster twitchy games that requires more quick dodging.  Its gameplay is very similar to GW2 and Nevrwinter and I have played those with a PS3 gamepad easily.

With mmos like ESO and FFXIV going multi-platform these guys are falling behind in the times.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by tkreep

I dont see why not, PS4 can obviously handle this WoW type graphics/art-style and the controls are of a action game with a small hotbar, hell Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden has more moves than the number of skills you can put on WildStars hotbar and they are faster twitchy games that requires more quick dodging.  Its gameplay is very similar to GW2 and Nevrwinter and I have played those with a PS3 gamepad easily.

With mmos like ESO and FFXIV going multi-platform these guys are falling behind in the times.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.  And for one reason only.  MMO communities are already pretty terrible on average.  Adding younger (not all, but a lot) console players into the mix will make the toxic communities now seem like the Disney Channel.

• ThreshThresh Member Posts: 52
    It's great it's not getting dumbed down for consoles. Disney channel chat for the lose