Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still free to those who own the original?

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

I had heard a while back that the Realm Reborn would be free to those who purchased the original FF14. I couldn't find any updated information on that, so I figured I'd ask- is that still planned, or will everyone who purchased the original Final Fantasy 14 need to buy this version as well?

Thanks!

Comments

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeah if i purchase ffxiv 1.0 u do get too dl 2.0 for free
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I have an additional question..

I have a unopened copy of the original.. will the key work for this version?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Yes but you still have to pay for monthly sub
  • TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Awesome, thanks! Yea I figured about the monthly sub, but I mainly wanted to make sure I didn't need to jump on the "pre-purchase" bandwagon now in order to get into some form of headstart or open beta later. I would kick myself if I thought that I was going to get the game for free, have headstart or something begin and realize "nope, should have pre-purchased like everyone else!"
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Tolmos
    Awesome, thanks! Yea I figured about the monthly sub, but I mainly wanted to make sure I didn't need to jump on the "pre-purchase" bandwagon now in order to get into some form of headstart or open beta later. I would kick myself if I thought that I was going to get the game for free, have headstart or something begin and realize "nope, should have pre-purchased like everyone else!"

You do need a preorder code for early access, just having 1.0 isnt enough

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

also if you have collectors edition of V1 , you will get the in-game digital exclusive items.

to add more, in one of his interviews, Yoshida mentioned that there will be 2 week trail for any new player so I think everyone will get this 2 week regardless if they are owner of V1 or V2 

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire

lol wait what? So... even though I already technically own the game, if I want to get early access I would need to purchase a second copy in order to get a preorder code so I can get early access?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. lol

lol wait what? So... even though I already technically own the game, if I want to get early access I would need to purchase a second copy in order to get a preorder code so I can get early access?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. lol

Just do what I did, preorder from amazon get the code in 15 secs and then cancel.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Given Squares failure in a MMO, I would have thought they could see the light and move to a B2P or F2P model instead. I think Square is starting to look worse then EA for me now.
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Given Squares failure in a MMO, I would have thought they could see the light and move to a B2P or F2P model instead. I think Square is starting to look worse then EA for me now.

They dont have investors to pay off, so they could charge P2P for infinity without a profit if they wanted. Stop being cheap. If you like the game you will pay for it. If you dont you will make excuses as to why not to pay.

PS3

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Square is nothing like EA. They have done everything right in this regard. They have admitted their mistake. They owned the problem and went above and beyond to fix it. EA would have let their customers twist in the wind. There really is no comparing these two companies in the last two years. There is only contrast between them. Part of the reason I want to see this game succeed is because I have never seen any company take this much of a hit to their bottom line to take care of their customers. Anyone else would have written it off and moved on.

All die, so die well.

They dont have investors to pay off, so they could charge P2P for infinity without a profit if they wanted. Stop being cheap. If you like the game you will pay for it. If you dont you will make excuses as to why not to pay.

While I understand where your coming from I disagree with you entirely in this situation. Bringing a game down for huge fixes because you made a mistake is not an excuse. Square has made a lot of mistakes with their games recently and no amount of excuses from anyone will change that fact. They have a net loss reported this year, you can find the article on IGN and Kotaku. I agree that you pay and support a game you like, however if you make a mistake with a game that causes players time and entertainment, then I find it the companies responsible to make amends. F2P or B2P is the least they could do given their screw up.

Problem is Square doesn't admit to making mistakes, they get feedback from gamers and instead of listening to them, they decide to do their own thing and then you get people like me who used to love their brand, but now tend to keep them at a distance.

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Square is nothing like EA. They have done everything right in this regard. They have admitted their mistake. They owned the problem and went above and beyond to fix it. EA would have let their customers twist in the wind. There really is no comparing these two companies in the last two years. There is only contrast between them. Part of the reason I want to see this game succeed is because I have never seen any company take this much of a hit to their bottom line to take care of their customers. Anyone else would have written it off and moved on.

If they admit to their mistakes then why don't they ever fix the problem instead of repeating it in future games? I don't buy into Squares promises anymore, and unfortunately I do consider them right up there with EA, although not quite there yet...they are gaining ground pretty fast. Them admitting a problem that for this game does not make them a better company, they are just doing what M$ did when they realized their sales were not where they wanted to be. They didn't do it for any of us, they did it for their wallets.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Originally posted by VikingGamer

If they admit to their mistakes then why don't they ever fix the problem instead of repeating it in future games? I don't buy into Squares promises anymore, and unfortunately I do consider them right up there with EA, although not quite there yet...they are gaining ground pretty fast. Them admitting a problem that for this game does not make them a better company, they are just doing what M$ did when they realized their sales were not where they wanted to be. They didn't do it for any of us, they did it for their wallets.

If you hate this game and company so much and don't want to play it, why do you want it to be F2P or B2P? And also after all square have done to amends for their mistake by giving a year of playtime for free and fixing the game, it just sounds to me like you are just making excuses just because you are cheap.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;