Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cool easter egg found for the old school pencil and paper crowd

itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

TSR, the company that used to do D&D before WotC did it, used to have a marvel pencils and paper RPG.  it sported a sort of silly ruleset called the FASEERIP system (look into it and you'll see why)

they gave the stats comic booky adjectives to go along with the actual stat numbers, they were: feeble, poor, typical, good, excellent, remarkable, incredible, amazing and monstrous and unearthly.

in marvel heroes, if you hit "i" and look at your character's stats they are rated using the exact same names.  :)

it's a nice little shout out to an old classic game.

incidentally you can download the old game for free at classicmarvelforever.com.  truth be told it's really REALLY flawed but to make a character is a complete blast. 

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Comments

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    That's a pretty cool find. I'm not playing the online game (I gave it a brief try in closed beta), but I loved the old FASERIP Marvel game. Still have all the old books in my house. Thanks for sharing!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i'm jealous, i have no idea where my books are.... i had to DL and print them.

every once in a while i get the urge to run a marvel faserip game...

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins