Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Builder

KimeraKimera Member Posts: 16
   Would it be possible to host a site builder on www.mmorpg.com? It seems like it would come out quite popular, but if it cost money then I believe it would decrease

--K

--K

Comments

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252
    It would have to cost money, who would support this feature? The two ad's on the site?

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We will be doing this eventually...it will be for running guild sites.  It will come in 2 versions:

- Free version: Ads will appear at the top of your site...but NO pop-ups.  You will get a single forum that can handle 50 posts per day.  You will get an event calendar that can have 10 events posted per month.  You will get a screenshot gallery that has a 2MB limit.  Your member roster can have up to 50 people in it.

- Pay version ($35 year): No ads.  You will also have the option of running your own ads. Up to 5 forum sections allowing 500 posts per day.  Event calendar with no limits. Screenshot gallery up to 15MB.  Unlimited member roster.  Pay version will also include a private chat room and other cool features not found in the free version.

Of course none of this is set in stone.  We are also hoping to allow a way for up to 4 people to "chip in" to pay the bill.  This will make the burden easier to bear for the people of the guild.  Providing a service like this will cost us time and money - so it is only understandable that we will need to charge for a higher level of service (hopefully we can make enough on advertising to cover the free version).

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

seriously??? gees, whenever i dont see how this site can get any better admin finds a way.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Any chance you get to pick the ewo baners on your little group?

-----------------------------
    HomestarRunner.net

"Its dot com!"

Not sure I follow your question....

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Sorry I can't spell, for your guild site, the free one, there will be two banners right?  Now say MMORPG has 5 current banners running, two are displayed at random each time you refresh.  Will it be the same way for the guild sites, or could you pick two banners that are always displayed.  Perhaps ones that corespond to the game your guild is for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

• xbiosparkxxbiosparkx Member Posts: 11
    this idea rox...like maidenimageimageimage

If you ever run into a biospark...run away

m/ METAL IS LIFE

If you ever run into a biospark...run away

\m/ METAL IS LIFE

• VardiaVardia Member Posts: 40

Wow image  That would be great!

Originally posted by squeee
    Sorry I can't spell, for your guild site, the free one, there will be two banners right?  Now say MMORPG has 5 current banners running, two are displayed at random each time you refresh.  Will it be the same way for the guild sites, or could you pick two banners that are always displayed.  Perhaps ones that corespond to the game your guild is for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

We will basically feed whatever ads we want in into the guild page headers.  Obviously if we have an advertiser that wants to target SWG fans, we will offer them "targeted" ads in the guild sites for that game.  But this will not be a choice the free site will get...they will have to upgrade if they want to control their own ads image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Originally posted by xbiosparkx
    this idea rox...like maidenIf you ever run into a biospark...run awaym/ METAL IS LIFE

hehe, well put.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

• KimeraKimera Member Posts: 16
       Yay I am so happy my idea got picked ^_^

--K

--K

to be fair it sounded like they allrdy had this planned.

- Unknown Author

Ya, I think credit would go to an early member like Skull or Darkbackward.  I think someone from that era suggested this and we brainstormed from there...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

i miss those guys... (gets nostalgic). back before murt ruined the site! hahaha, jk.

- Unknown Author