Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion not impressing me

HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
How can a company that has had a game out so long be having the hardware issues they are having.  Lag and disconnects.  Traced back to faulty ports and hardware that is improperly set up.  Not impressed. 

Comments

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    hmmm no problems here
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

I believe the OP is referring to the issues experienced after the most recent hotfix, as announced in-game via the Notifications pane. If you disabled it, they would appear in your chatbox alone.

As for myself, I was unaffected by the lag (with the singular exception of the Notifications that, ironically, lagged behind the tone announcing their presence) insofar as the ping indicator noted, yet am acquainted with several players who were either disconnected or suffered severe latency issues.

In any case, Trion appears to have resolved the issues to some extent and, frankly, whilst it should never have occurred, you can hardly blame them for abruptly suffering when thousands of new players abruptly stress their erstwhile flagging-MMO.

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Well pretty simple really when you have a shit ton of people using some thing any thing will break down wether it be a car or pc or whatever.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by kriminal66
    Well pretty simple really when you have a shit ton of people using some thing any thing will break down wether it be a car or pc or whatever.

They had more players at launch month than they do now.  Not an excuse.  

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

This is just making an excuse for companies to practice bad business and Im sure they love people like yourself who dont complain because then they can act the way they want. Rift had way more shards and a MUCH larger player base at launch and for the first couple of months and they did not have the issues this game has had for the last few months when the servers get to high population. They are trying to save money on running more shards then they have to and waiting until the last second to add population . Not to mention they keep caving to the board trolls and increasing the population limits on some of the shards causing the skill lag and disconnects so that people stop crying about server queue times.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by cronius77
     They are trying to save money on running more shards then they have to

This is nonsense.

They want the game to feel as active as possible for the players.  

I have had not a single problem with the game so its not a excuse for me but i can tell one thing i have not seen a company fix their issues as fast as trion on rift. If you don't like them then leave im sure they wont miss your bitchn i know i wont.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    i have had no latency or gameplay problems since the F2P start. That being said, i was a member of Icewatch server which got taken down. And im not a huge fan of the Daily downtimes the game has been having. im hopeing this is simply because of the F2P switch and will be gone soon.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

This is just making an excuse for companies to practice bad business and Im sure they love people like yourself who dont complain because then they can act the way they want. Rift had way more shards and a MUCH larger player base at launch and for the first couple of months and they did not have the issues this game has had for the last few months when the servers get to high population. They are trying to save money on running more shards then they have to and waiting until the last second to add population . Not to mention they keep caving to the board trolls and increasing the population limits on some of the shards causing the skill lag and disconnects so that people stop crying about server queue times.

Yea bad business give a game away for free

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I have had not a single problem with the game so its not a excuse for me but i can tell one thing i have not seen a company fix their issues as fast as trion on rift. If you don't like them then leave im sure they wont miss your bitchn i know i wont.

Amen^^^

I've yet to have a single dc or any lag problems since 2.3/ftp dropped.They've had 6 hotfixes in 9 days.I can't recall any other mmo doing that.They're doing everything they can.

Oh btw,the servers have more people on them now compared to launch.They upgraded the servers and have raised the caps.It will all work itself out in the next couple week's sheesh.So many impatient people.It's free and peep's still bitching!

Edit:When I say more people on the servers.I mean per server,not saying total population of all.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• CalmmoCalmmo Member Posts: 52

Not sure if i should respond at all, but as someone who's been playing this since launch, rifts performance has declined, naturally through the addition of new landmasses in-game gameplay type options the addition of the api and it's development and last, the servers are running at over double the capacity of the original servers, which is what im guessing you in true burnt out mmo hopper spirit are the only ones you've experienced. Quick I heard another new mmo is coming in X amount of time, find all existing ones wrong @everything and hop there, then come back here a month later and tell us how wrong that is too!

Anyway, performance is down for a reason, and the caps were raised to allow the existing playerbase to get the best experience. F2P has added over-activity the servers can't handle 24/7 as it is obvious by now. They still run fine for everyone i know, just some lag that reduces raid performance to some extend.