Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does CU really stand a chance?

13»

Comments

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by wemilmmo

the only worry part is the money part they don't look like to have a lot of cash other games live on the PvE players buying stuffs from market or monthly this gonna be more professional lots of league dunno where they gonna get cash from.

There is gonna be a monthly fee. And they said they are gonna stay with a small team so they won't need a huge player base to keep going.

Btw any news of the new fund raising?

• SJStrikersSJStrikers Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Yeah with the success of DAoC it's likely that many current and old players will at least try it out, and that will be enough to keep it going imo. 
  • rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Yes.  For all the reasons people have posted.  It isn't intended to be huge.  It has a very enthusiastic following among it's target playerbase, and nothing similar is out there to compete with it.  It should succeed, and may be a wildly successful niche game.  If Mark can come through with a decent game, the players will be there.

As for the current funding plans, the new fundraising is up.  People who get on board now will be "builders" vice "founders", though the access to beta and other benefits are similar (not identical).  I intend to get on board this week, so I only know what I've read on the site.  If anyone knows better info, please share.

• AddiktedAddikted Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This is the only MMORPG i am looking forward to.
  • NirrtixNirrtix Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Depends on what you mean by stand a chance.

If you mean stand a chance at becoming popular with the MMO community? The answer is no.

If you mean stand a chance to win over its target small audience? The answer is maybe.

And its maybe because it couldn't even win over half the DaoC crowd which was split between it and TESO...then again, TESO lost quite a bit of support over the last 6 months so...better chance of doing it now, not because CU improved, but because TESO got worse.

What about all the players who are jsut looking for something new who like PvP? TESO never appealed to many players as it is multi platform. I agree that CU is a nitche market, but the problem is that there are just too many MMOs right now. Fortunatly WoW is waning so things are changing. I do not think there will be another ultimate MMO like WoW. 

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II