Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The true Korean payment model inside! Will this affect Trion?

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I couldn't follow any of that,is LULU a sort of old world mana life machine?Produces mana aka lulu that you use to buy things?

It really is good reason why i don't like any kind of hidden costs or anything that tries to confuse customers.Since Trion is running the game here,they won't have to follow any Korean government laws,so i sort of don't think we will  see any of that stuff over here.

It really is too bad they are going f2p,100% a guarantee that a big game like this will attract 100's of thousands of RMT.Trion should be questioned on their rmt measures,it makes sense for them as well since they don't want to compete versus the black market.Makes me wonder about the recent Trion f2p plan used in Rift.They might use the exact same system which won't work if RMT takes a foothold.Simple reason is if RMT outweight Trion they will simply enforce limits on the currency systems to make sure they profit,it will be a never ending cycle because rmt won't be toppled in any game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I apologize, but I do not know the Korean language. Could someone explain what the pic shows?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by korent1991

you have to consider how different our market is from the aisan market... Aion is in top 5 games there as well - here it's just another F2P game...

So games which are popular there, are mostly not that major here.

This

Lineage 1 is NCsofts top earning game over all. It out earns GW2 by a fair margin but here in NA it would be hard to even call it a niche game.

But as far as how the payment model goes it will probably be left up to each publisher to work out the exact details. Just like Terra. NA, EU and Korea all have pretty different set ups.as far as what they offer on their stores.