Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What ARE you playing?

124»

Comments

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Nothing, and I haven't for quite a long time. I start up LotRO every blue moon, play for a few minutes and log out. Nothing currently out has caught my eye. I'll probably check out ArcheAge when it's available.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    SWTOR and Civ 5. None of the new releases appeal to me.
  • CptAlphCptAlph Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Koroshiya

skipping from game to game bored honestly.

I think Ive got MMO burnout.  Gaming burnout might even be more descriptive, just nothing feels like it did that first time

kinda know what chasing the dragon means now I guess.

This, a little.  :(  And I've played and beta-tested many of the games on here as well: WoW, TSW, Neverwinter, LotRO, Defiance, to name a few.  Not playing any "true" MMOs at the moment because haven't found innovations in gameplay or settings that really hook me like before.

Currently playing Marvel Heroes 1-2 times a week with friends.  Fun, but I prefer DC to Marvel.  Not a shooter fan, so DCUO's mechanics didn't appeal to me, even though I really wanted to like it.  Heard about Infinite Crisis, but wasn't familiar with MOBAs, so looked into League of Legends.

Currently hooked on LoL (much to my wife's chagrin).  :)

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    WoW Mists of Pandaria pretty much exclusively at the moment.  I was one of this expansion's harshest critics before release, but I've found that I don't think the pandas are stupid (like I thought I would) and I'm actually enjoying WoW again.  So....I was wrong, at least for myself playing.  Others may hate it, but it's been a blast for me.  It's turning out to be my favorite expansion.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

I feel like I should put a bag on my head and make a throw away account to reply to this, but went back to WoW...

All the talk of EQ Next has put me in such a mood to play a fantasy game, that I went back to Wow.

Tried a couple of other MMOs lately, and they have been all over the MMO spectrum, from above average (Defiance) to ok (EQ2, couldn't get back into it) to flat out awful (WarZ). Will probably Wow until something else sparkly comes out (Elder Scrolls).

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

I've put in about 90 hours on D3 over the past month.

Going to work on my PS3 backlog. I have some really good games that I haven't played yet like:

Assassin Creed: Brotherhood
    Assassin Creed: Revelations
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3
    Batman Arkham City
    Red Dead Redemption

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I've put in about 90 hours on D3 over the past month.

Going to work on my PS3 backlog. I have some really good games that I haven't played yet like:

Assassin Creed: Brotherhood
    Assassin Creed: Revelations
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3
    Batman Arkham City
    Red Dead Redemption

All of those are great titles and should keep you busy for a while.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Marvel Heroes and Neverwinter but mostly Marvel Heroes lately
  • RattusRattus Member UncommonPosts: 31

My wife and I just returned for a visit to EQII although I have been spending most of my gaming time in Planetside 2.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Rift now, with few beta;s im in aswell with the time i have.
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Darkfall, Planetside 2, and a UO freeshard.

There are a couple of other games that have caught my eye but I really don't have the time to invest in them.

After so long with terrible game releases it's damn nice to have options.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Spending a little time in Rift because I find it more fun than GW2.  Just waiting for one of the many hybrid/sandboxes coming.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by AlmightyGod
    I played UWO when it was in testing a long while back.  I don't think you could exit the boat at that time unless my memory fails.  I watched a few First Impression videos of people getting uber-frustrated with the tutorial, so I think I might give it a try as well.  Downloading now.  It might be just different enough to balance out the twitchy other games I'm playing.

What you do on land has been a major part of the game right from launch.  In fact, you start out on land, in a city, straight out of character creation.

A first impressions video of people ten minutes into the game being confused and frustrated sounds about right.  Koei games aren't for easily-frustrated people with short attention spans.  It's a very complicated game, and they throw you into the fire pretty fast.

I realized I was thinking of a totally different sailing game after I played a bit. I'm in the fire and exploring.  The community is very helpful, but I get that feeling that I'm starting far behind everyone.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Heavily modded skyrim and from time to time League of Legends.

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137
    For me and my wife, we've been spending a lot of time playing Runescape. It is such a unique MMO that is so different from all of the WoW clones my friends play. We are looking foward to the release of Runescape 3 this summer.
  • rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    XIV ARR beta's and up into launch with LoL in between.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Getting back into GW2 after a few months with single player Steam games.  No MMO but old WoW comes close still.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Trying a new MMO called The Hunter, and I have to say I have been very impressed...The graphics are incredible and the engine (designed by the company themsleves) is outstanding....Even though I myself am not a hunter I have really liked this game...It has a certain intensity to it that yo uwon't find in many MMOs anymore....The game is free and even a sub (less than 5 dollars a month) is very reasonable.....THsoe of you taht are bored with mainstream easy MMOs should give this one a look.....

The hunter is multiplayer game MAX 8 PLAYERS lol

M=MASSIVE

M=MULTIPLAYER

O=ONLINE

Its not meeting the criteria for first letter M as in massive.

Thread title just asks what are we playing...I dont see anything about it having to be massive......

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    Originally posted by maplestone
    A lot of the games being mentioned here aren't MMOs :(

The thread title says nothing about MMOs.

Myself, while I installed STO for shits and giggles, I found it very boring and haven't logged in for a couple of weeks.  I'm about to uninstall it and maybe go back to playing Skyrim, I haven't decided yet.

I think that the fact that a lot of the games being mentioned are not MMO's should be noticed. MMO's are not really exciting lately. Single player games are coming back. I am playing Skyrim with a ton of mods, diablo III, and some older strategy games. EQnext seems to be a possible in the futre and one or 2 others but quite frankly I want a challenging MMO that you need groups in, either pvp or pve and I don't care if it is sci-fi, Fantasy, horror or whatever. I would like to see a redone  Shadowbane or LOTRO like it was at first where some of the books required you to have groups and soloing them required the mobs to be grey.  I want a game that requires serious gameplay, not one that you can play after work for a hour every night. Yes I know there is a huge casual  players group. I don't like playing with them, and they probably don't like playing with me. I don't mind full loot pvp, if done right. You set ambushes for gankers and gank them. I like quests that require a full group. I like solo too but I can play Skyrim for that or Diablo III. I can open Diablo III to public and play with others and not talk to them and have more fun than games like LOTRO where you can play with others , solo quests and never talk to anyone.

I want old time gaming, but it doesn't seem to exist. Yes, I know, Drakfall but I have heard more bad than good and I have had enough heartbreaks in games.  So I think the Devs should take note that many people are going to single player games and waiting for an actual MMO to come out. End of rant, and as always this has been my opinion.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Right now, I am playing the free version of Vanguard.

Just started it a few days ago and pretty impressed actually.
    ...Having fun so far and the populations are pretty decent, more players then I remember seeing when I tried playing the game about a year after it launched in 2008 sometime.

Vanguard has a few little quirks and bugs, but it's actually a very good game, and for free.. I think it's the best F2P game I've ever played (Yes better then Rift, just not as shiny.. its much deeper)

- Zaxx

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Planetside 2 and Don't Starve, which I've been playing for over 100 hours.. not sure why but I can't put it down.